Mogollonmonster.com Nest Discussion

Guest PaulGT3

Guest bsruther

I may have missed something here, but the only thing I can see this group being guilty of, is possible misidentification. Heck, the paranormal group that made the bold claims of Bigfoot face prints on their truck window didn't receive this much abuse.

Could this just be a drama filled rivalry, between two local Bigfoot clubs?

No I do not know them. I don't care about them, per se.

I have my opinion, what I say I saw or whatever. Believe it if you like, or don't. If you don't believe it, can you call me a hoaxer?

If you did call me a hoaxer, how could I ever disprove that? I cannot. You cannot prove anything on this subject, not yet anyway. So it is wrong and unsporting to call anyone a hoaxer. Never mind you can't prove a negative, anyway.

You impair to their reputation and perhaps even their living in ways that cannot be redressed, for which there is no legal recourse, and therefore it is irresponsible to say "hoax." In other fields of study it's a cause of civil action.

The reason I am kinda riled up is that this kind of talk, besides being irresponisble, is one of the reasons people do not report sightings, submit videos, offer evidence--besides fear of being labeled a kook by the most people, they stand a good chance of being branded a liar or a hoaxer by the bigfoot community. If we want access to all the real evidence, we cannot bully those who come forward with evidence.

We cannot do much about the majority of folks calling us loonies, but we can stop making snap judgments of others and dismissing evidence because it does not comport with our preconceived ideas--ideas that are speculative and half mythological to begin with.

Say "maybe," or "I don't think so." But I don't think calling those who cannot defend against it a hoaxer is okay. I think it is bullying at best. There is a right and a wrong, and this is not a right thing.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I got an email from a friend telling me before I leave for good I should see how this thread evolved.

Hopefully you will read this before it gets

A: edited

B: Deleted

This is my last post.

But let me say this. I have seen every good BigFoot video thats out there, the top "50" (so Called)and every other BF video and sounds that people have put on the net. I have read tons of documentation that are available to everyone online. Retirement has its advantages (time). Given ALL that and as a person of science. THIS video had the potential of being one of the BIGGEST Videos of ALL TIME. Had whoever was filming would have asked for a flashlight, instead of filming dark pixels for 3 minutes. Or got a better dark vision camera. OR ANYTHING OTHER than what HE DID!! He would have had evidence to turn the BIGFOOT WORLD ON ITS HEAD and MONTHS before the REVELATION that is due this fall. That person would have been bigger than anyone else in this FIELD for CORRECTLY filming those SO CALLED "babies" AND THEY LEAVE? He filmed the moving blobsquatch pixels for minutes!!! The filmer is supposed to be either a amateur or professional BigFoot researcher and he cant figure out that maybe just a TAD MORE LIGHT might bring the BF world to his DOORSTEP???? As a scientist I would have expected even the 8 year old who filmed BF in his back yard to know that and ACT ACCORDINGLY!!!

THEN when members ON THIS FORUM Smell the same odor the rest of us do and say that this film may not be the truth, they can NOT SAY SO? Because the filmer is a member? SO we have Rule 1A that says: YOU may NOT call out a fellow member on any evidence you may think is the blatant non truth, because why? We have a rule that prevents the truth?

Then on top of ALL of this Kings Canyon feels a need to make a point and gets a bit emotional to make his point and then THAT is EDITED to conform to BFF Rules and etiquette? Is Emotion and Passion for the subject taboo also?

This WHOLE thread is a microcosm of why I left. The TRUTH (which is what I THOUGHT we are all searching for when I got involved in this subject) is NOT the be all end all priority of this forum! NO, the top priority is to protect alliances and reputations that may or may not be earned! The priority is to protect the hierarchy of the establishment that is already in place. Never mind the technology that is available and the fervor and passion of which people have now to solve this centuries old mystery.

This could be a GREAT place. ONE of the best Forums in cyberspace. It has some of the cornerstones in place but the foundation is cracked. Instead of having TRUTH as the ONLY foundation its, about gangs and clicks, who knows what, and I know more than you, and who is the most prestigious in this semi-scientific field. Hopefully this fall will wash all this muck off the subject and it can be returned to science where it belongs.

I step off my soap box and it will now be burned. Probably by Jodie

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I got an email from a friend telling me before I leave for good I should see how this thread evolved.

Hopefully you will read this before it gets

A: edited

B: Deleted

This is my last post.

But let me say this. I have seen every good BigFoot video thats out there, the top "50" (so Called)and every other BF video and sounds that people have put on the net. I have read tons of documentation that are available to everyone online. Retirement has its advantages (time). Given ALL that and as a person of science. THIS video had the potential of being one of the BIGGEST Videos of ALL TIME. Had whoever was filming would have asked for a flashlight, instead of filming dark pixels for 3 minutes. Or got a better dark vision camera. OR ANYTHING OTHER than what HE DID!! He would have had evidence to turn the BIGFOOT WORLD ON ITS HEAD and MONTHS before the REVELATION that is due this fall. That person would have been bigger than anyone else in this FIELD for CORRECTLY filming those SO CALLED "babies" AND THEY LEAVE? He filmed the moving blobsquatch pixels for minutes!!! The filmer is supposed to be either a amateur or professional BigFoot researcher and he cant figure out that maybe just a TAD MORE LIGHT might bring the BF world to his DOORSTEP???? As a scientist I would have expected even the 8 year old who filmed BF in his back yard to know that and ACT ACCORDINGLY!!!

THEN when members ON THIS FORUM Smell the same odor the rest of us do and say that this film may not be the truth, they can NOT SAY SO? Because the filmer is a member? SO we have Rule 1A that says: YOU may NOT call out a fellow member on any evidence you may think is the blatant non truth, because why? We have a rule that prevents the truth?

Then on top of ALL of this Kings Canyon feels a need to make a point and gets a bit emotional to make his point and then THAT is EDITED to conform to BFF Rules and etiquette? Is Emotion and Passion for the subject taboo also?

This WHOLE thread is a microcosm of why I left. The TRUTH (which is what I THOUGHT we are all searching for when I got involved in this subject) is NOT the be all end all priority of this forum! NO, the top priority is to protect alliances and reputations that may or may not be earned! The priority is to protect the hierarchy of the establishment that is already in place. Never mind the technology that is available and the fervor and passion of which people have now to solve this centuries old mystery.

This could be a GREAT place. ONE of the best Forums in cyberspace. It has some of the cornerstones in place but the foundation is cracked. Instead of having TRUTH as the ONLY foundation its, about gangs and clicks, who knows what, and I know more than you, and who is the most prestigious in this semi-scientific field. Hopefully this fall will wash all this muck off the subject and it can be returned to science where it belongs.

I step off my soap box and it will now be burned. Probably by Jodie

PaulGT3, you make some serious accusations about the forum and staff. The open forum is not really the place to discuss this but you seem bound and determined to seek the attention of the forum membership for some reason, so be it.

First let me say that if you have had posts edited, it was because they were in violation of the forum rules and guidelines. Period, no other reason. If your previous posts were in compliance they would not have been touched. No amount of grand standing or attention seeking can change this fact. If your post is not in complaince with the forum rules/guidelines, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

This forum is about Bigfoot, it's not intended as a tool for character assassinations. If you wish to discuss evidence that's perfectly fine. If you start defaming someone's character on the open forum, (especially another forum member) you're gonna experience some post edits and if those kind of personal attacks continue, you'll also receive some sort of punative actions against you, up to and including banishment from the forum.

I think General Guidelines 2., 3. and 4. pretty well sum it up:

2. Do not make things personal. Attack the argument, not the arguer. No name calling. Terms like ‘liars’ and ‘idiots’ are beyond the pale and will not be tolerated here.

3. Remember at all times that this forum is here to discuss the subject of Bigfoot, not to discuss other members. If you don't have something nice to say about someone, you might want to consider not saying anything.

4. Respect other members and their right to their opinion.

If you feel you are being singled out by staff for some reason, you're wrong. The moderators on this forum do an outstanding job of enforcing the rules from a neutral position. I have found myself in agreement with some of the posts that have been reported on the forum. But, it's not a matter of personal feelings, it's about following and enforcing the rules.

Jodie is an outstanding moderator. Her decisions are fair and in accordance with the forum rules/guidelines every time. Her edits of your posts were 100% correct and looked to be far more lenient than others may have been.

Of course I'd rather see you stay on the forum if you intend to be a productive member. But, like conforming to the forum rules, the decision to stay or leave rests on you. If you follow the rules as the rest of us do, you'll be welcome on the forum. If you continue to violate the forum rules, you will of course eventually be banned.

If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to contact me thru the PM system. There's no need for further grand standing in the open forum.

Chris B.