The St. Helens Pilot

Guest TooRisky

Guest TooRisky

Pilot of Mt. St. Helens

Ok for all that have asked and for those that think I am full of it… All I can give you is what I have in memory and writing, so I have to begin back in 1985…

I was a young man of 23 when I, my girlfriend and a few other couples went up to a mountain lake called Cedar Lake for a couple nights of camping… The weather was perfect for swimming and hiking during the day and at night of course a big fire, booze and the girls… Nothing happen while we were in the mountains but on the drive back home… Those that know NW Washington Know the Green River Gorge and the long high bridge that crosses it between Enumclaw and Black Diamond… Roxanne was in the passenger seat of my lifted Power Wagon as we headed towards the bridge. As I rounded the last curve heading North and downhill to the bridge I hit my high beam lights and what seemed almost instant a form stepped out in front of my truck about 100 feet in front of us. The form was huge as it took one step to the center of the road looking at us and then took another step off the road and into the woods… I looked Roxanne and she at me and we both said “did you see that!!!â€And then “what the hell was itâ€â€¦ We crossed the bridge and went into Black Diamond and stopped at a little convince store and sat silent till Roxanne broke in saying it had to be one of those “Wild Men†and with that Boggy Creek came to mind and had to tell someone. We went in the store and the clerk was an older woman, we explained to her what we saw and she smiled and said it was a Bigfoot and there was no need to call the cops… she reassured us and we bought a couple cold drinks and went on with our lives…

Later in 1985 I had a family reunion and my cousin’s uncle was there with hundreds of others (Dad was 1 of 13 kids) and we came upon each other and had a chat about the military, futures, family and marriage… The Bigfoot thing was on my mind still and I asked him what he thought of this Bigfoot thing and he smiled at me, he nodded and in a roundabout way told me I had seen what I had seen and that he too had a sighting… Well that was good enough for me and thus started my life long search of the species…

My “Uncle†passed away about 5 years ago and I had talked with my cousin an several occasions, in a few of these occasions the subject of Bigfoot came up and he passed on the information that my “Uncle†had seen the Bigfoot while in the Nation Guard as a pilot flying them out along with a bunch of other dead and burnt bodies to be disposed of is my best guess… I was not sure of this story for awhile, I wondered why he had not told me this himself and finally it was revealed that he could not tell anyone because he was given an order not to say anything, ya see he was a lifer in the Military and would lose his pension if he said anything, thus breaking a direct order of silence…

Now I was reading up on this subject on Mt. St. Helens and this very story came out and that he had spoke to Bobbie Short and told her that he had flown out Bigfoot bodies… I contacted Bobbie Short and I questioned her about this and after going back and forth with messages we deduced that the pilot she had talked to, had to be my Uncle… So this is it, that’s the big secret… Names have been hidden to protect the family members.

“Uncle†is my Aunts Husbands Brother, just did not want to have to spell it out constantly.

Below is info I found on this issue:

“â€During a tour of the devastation by helicopter in 1985, the Viet veteran helo pilot mentioned a similar tale to Bobbie Short saying there were military helos that choppered out nets full of burned and semi burned elk, deer, bear and something with hairy charred arms hanging out of the drop nets. They were taken to a common pit where the bodies were burned to avoid disease and contamination of the rivers.â€â€

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/86/630/Sasquatch_and_the_U.S._Government.html

“â€IBS Report #3493

Fred Bradshaw report concerning dead Bigfoot bodies near Mt. St. Helens.

My father worked for Weyerhaeuser Co. at Green Mountain, WA, east of Vancouver. The site has security on their roads to check on the equipment and check closed areas to keep people out.

My father was working the day Mt. St. Helens blew up. He was at a meeting in Kelso, WA, and as he was a supervisor, when Mt. St. Helens blew its side out, all heck cut lose.

My father was sent back to Green Mountain right away but like most he wasn't allowed to go very far because of the mud slide coming down the river. He did get to the town of Toutle, WA, on highway 504 off I-5. He and his crew were placed at different spots to watch mud flow and of course help people get out of the blast zone after the major blow up. He was sent to the area of Spirit Lake to keep people out.

When the second major blow up of the mountain came, my father and the other guy with him reported in, and they got out of there.

He was then placed in charge of the helicopter landing zone. It was his job to help keep people out of the landing zone and let aid crews in so they could care for injured.

Later when all the people were out and bodies out, the National Guard was brought in to clean up. They hauled dead animals out that they placed in piles; deer in one, elk in another and so on. They were covered up with tarps and later burned.

But my father was placed in charge of one pile of dead that were covered and no one was allowed to go near. Armed U.S. National Guard personal were around this pile, and one day when they were going to move this group of bodies, and my father was very close to it and was told to keep his mouth closed. And when the tarps were removed he saw the creatures, some badly burned and some not. They placed them in a net and lifted them into a truck and covered it over. My father asked guardsmen what will they do with them and he said study them or what ever...he didn't want to know. He said it's like other things you don't ask, and off they went. AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. My father and the rest were debriefed and sent home.â€â€

Below is my conversation with Bobbie Short:

Steven Schauer September 21 at 10:28am </SPAN>

Hello Bobby and hope this note finds you well...

My name is Steven Schauer and I have a question for you... My cousin states his uncle was the veteran and chopper pilot after the eruption of Mt. St. Helen's. He stated his uncle was the pilot that flew out bodies of animals and of some Bigfoot creatures that were burnt and dead.

Would you please confirm you met this man and his name to confirm to me that this indeed happened and put it to rest in my mind?

I have seen the species known as Sasquatch twice in 30 years of looking and I am also the Co-Founder of WA. Sasquatch Research Team along with Steve Wilkins. I have told this story of my Uncle (Cousins Uncle) many times and I need to know for sure that I am not spreading an untruth.

Thank you very much for your time

Steve

Bobbie Short September 21 at 11:17am Report

Hello Steve,

There were MANY choppers in the air that day, not just one.

I cannot confirm that I specifically met your cousin's uncle because I don't remember his name. I can tell you that the pilot was very young in the 1980's, he was thin, tan, tall and he wore military fatigues. The helicopter pilot that commandeered my helicopter the first trip over Mt. St. Helens - the chopper had NO DOORS on it, which was most terrifying, I am a white knuckle flier anyhow, and I couldn't wait to get out of that thing!! There were at least 4 choppers in the air that day, the one I was in was the most dilapidated of the bunch -- I vaguely remember it was an old Huey looking chopper or similar...also remember he showed me his Vietnam pilot photos and pictures of some of the soldiers he rescued towards the end of the Vietnam era; he was humble, proud, likable and exceedingly charming. This was something like 24 years ago and the cost was roughly $200 for four of us, my young son, curious about the gauges sat on the console in between the pilot and passenger seat.

Two years after that trip, we took my brother and his wife up, but this time it was a guided tour with recorded narrations the pilot piped in over the headsets for us and...Lol, it was blue with doors on it.

Hope that helps describe him.....? I would love to meet him again sometime. If it turns out that what I have described is related to you, I would like his name for my memoirs...is that possible? Does he remember me...that would be a surprise?

Bobbie

Steven Schauer September 21 at 11:29am

Well that is the problem and why I asked you.... the Uncle in question has passed away about 5 years ago... I know he was a Viet Nam vet, a chopper pilot, and was in the National Guard at the time... I had my first sighting in 1985 and I told him of it and with a wink and a smile he confirmed to me he knew of what I was talking about, but never mention how... His name is J**** G****, but again we are back to square one as to if you and he met. Your description of him is right on though; he was tall and lean man all his life. He also spent a lot of time in the outdoors.

So correct me if I am wrong, did a pilot tell you that he had seen or did fly a net of bodies to a different location to be disposed of (Burnt). ?

Steve

Bobbie Short September 21 at 12:34pm Report

You are right Steve, that is the very same story we were told.

If the man that flew us over that hell-hole that day was a relative of yours, I would be enormously proud of him. ...hugely proud of him!!

Bobbie Short September 21 at 12:37pm Report

He died 5 years ago? He must have been around my age...was it an accident?

Steven Schauer September 21 at 2:48pm

He drew the black card of Cancer in this game of life... But he went very quickly with family around him and he was able to make amends with all and God...

He was much more than what you saw that day, he was a decorated Veteran for heroism in the Viet Nam war that is if he was the pilot you met...

Well my search will go on but the info is very sketchy at best... Did you hear him say what he said about BF bodies in the net...???

Steve

Bobbie Short September 21 at 3:21pm Report

Yes Steve, I heard him say it and so did my family.

We all heard it and since I told you that he proudly showed me a small photo album of his time in Vietnam, it sounds like he was probably your J**** G****.

I didn't know he was a hero, but in hindsight, I believe he was...he handled that chopper like he was driving a Chevy wing-tail down the block, no problem, with great ease he set it down on a tiny opening in the forest up the road that leads to the Toutle Valley and he did all that with my young son climbing all over him....what a guy.

Steven Schauer September 21 at 4:24pm

Well with what you have said, what my cousin says, and the talk I had with Uncle J****, I think we can safely say we are 95% sure this man has touched all of our lives and is the pilot who flew BF out of the ash of Mt. St. Helens...

As a side bar to the story, he never could say anything for fear of losing his pension... Funny how we the people are treated by our own Govt. and their fear of letting the truth be told...

Steve

See up until now... I thought that was all rumor... which is why I would casually dismiss it, because all we need is another wild story out there. Now there is some truth behind it. Thanks for coming forward with this, it has changed my viewpoint from rumor to an alleged story. Please do not take offense to the word alleged, I have to state it even thought the story has remained consistent, and told to more than one over a span of years, which lends to its credibility, without hard evidence, it has to be at least in my speak alleged.

Thanks again for that info!

My hat's off to you TooRisky, very interesting.

thanks for sharing TR

Your uncle led a full life, sounds like a great man.

He's the kind of person that helped build this country.

Edited by will

"Later when all the people were out and bodies out, the National Guard was brought in to clean up. They hauled dead animals out that they placed in piles; deer in one, elk in another and so on. They were covered up with tarps and later burned."

I'm curious why they would go to the trouble of separating species of dead animals into different piles.

Interesting report nevertheless.

Guest TooRisky

"Later when all the people were out and bodies out, the National Guard was brought in to clean up. They hauled dead animals out that they placed in piles; deer in one, elk in another and so on. They were covered up with tarps and later burned."

I'm curious why they would go to the trouble of separating species of dead animals into different piles.

Interesting report nevertheless.

I would have to go with Squatchdetective... If you are not up on what happened this was a serious disaster and killed 10's of thousands of creatures... leveled 100's of miles of forest and caused a mud flow that took out bridges for 100's of miles due to the pyroclastic(sp) flow or the melting of the mountains ice pack at once...

I am sure there were many organizations and departments there that need to know how "bad" the area was impacted... Thus the National Guard and landing sites like these to get a good count of the damage done to this ecosystem... Ya also have to know this was a first to be witnessed so science needed to document every angle and aspect...

Hope this helped, BTW it is a great subject to be up on, it has many things a person should be aware of... Thank God for the Internet for all the info is just a few typed keys away...

Admin

Thanks TooRisky for the interesting story. No reflection on you or your uncle, but I still don't believe it...

However, if true and if the location of the mass burial/burn site were to be discovered, that would lead to evidence, I'm sure. Maybe you can pursue this and find the smoking bodies. :)

Good Luck!

Guest TooRisky

Thanks TooRisky for the interesting story. No reflection on you or your uncle, but I still don't believe it...

However, if true and if the location of the mass burial/burn site were to be discovered, that would lead to evidence, I'm sure. Maybe you can pursue this and find the smoking bodies. :)

Good Luck!

Man if I only knew... What a BBQ digging party would that be... You bring up a good point though, where is this burn/burial pit... Find it and you have the proof...

Guest walkabout

Great story TooRisky and I believe it 100%.

Funny that I seem to have mentioned that I felt the government was covering up DNA evidence of Sasquatch in the "Where's the evidence/DNA sample" thread and I was ridiculed by most.

Once again the federal government is brought to the forefront of the Sasquatch mystery with a very credible story.

Great job TooRisky, I applaud you for your honesty & courage.

Edited by walkabout

Thanks TR, there's a lot of interesting things about this account.

I'm wondering if a FOI inquiry would get you any closer to finding things? Maybe more clues?

You might also want to get in touch with more of the people who were close to him and see if he confided in anyone else.

wow TR,

I have always just heard about the chopper pilot part (what an uncle BTW )but i never heard of the second story of the guys on the ground........

very interesting to say the least,If this story is true and its starting to look this way , there has to be more people that are "in the know"

hopefully they will come forward also before they are gone too........

thanks for posting that!!!

wasnt there also another story about a forest fire and someone finding a BF body in that one also, and it had something to do with jimmy stewert? memory is not my strong suit here, lol

Edited by driftinmark

I'll be an interested observer watching where this thread goes. Not saying I buy this claim and not saying I dismiss it either. It's very interesting nonetheless.