My Sighting, I Think?

Guest fire eyes

Or you could try to understand them and do some research on them.

There's no need to resort to killing something just because you're afraid of it or don't understand it.

Fire Eyes

Go for understanding them ,that is what is best for the species.I believe that this is the only way.Once the DNA is out ,we should take this route. :)

SSR Team

You said wood knocking? I hear that alot, not woodpeckers, but like a bat hitting a tree. Prob not what you were talking about?

:whistle:

He said not to get involved with them id be sorry. He even told my dad what they have done to people & property.

Any specifics? I've heard about people problems and personality conflicts but I haven't heard anything about property problems. I can tell you for certain that this is a much more pleasant forum to post in than theirs. There are a lot of good people posting there but a few heavy handed admin there ruin it.

Fire eyes, what are some of the stories you've heard about Bf in your area? From the looks of the area from google map, the BF must travel up and down the creek.

If you leave treats, or toys check them once a week. Some people have become one on one with BFs but they only stand at a distance when they are sociable. They must mistake cameras for guns since they don't like them, unless you hold the camera waist high.

BFs are usually harmless, but one must take things slow to make sure when baiting them in. Not to freak ya out, but 1 out of 500 may have kidnapped to make humans pets and I hope not food according to some indians.............so don't go into this blind. I have never heard of this happening lately, nor have their been fatalities attributed to BF unless they were shot. One report described a trail guide that was done in when he shot a BF.

You might have a friend go along, to throw in the way if needed........ha ha.....just as a back up.

Edited by georgerm

Guest fire eyes

Gearman, thats fire eyes not red eyes lol.

Biggie, he showed my dad & i pics of proprety damage done by this group. They were all dressed in like army stuff & had guns & dogs. Big speakers set up with crazy loud screaming recordings ect. He said it was like a bunch of rednecks driving deer out of the timber. But it was this BFRO people. He even gave us a pic to keep with the guys name, so if we ever run into him we will know what he looks like. It shows some jerk aiming a rifle at a cut out of bigfoot.

ooops..haha Thats what I get for posting with my little phone. Geeze a BF commando group.. them dudes rolled thru Honobia one time in some military looking big truck during a conference by our group.

Fire eyes, would you be willing to show me your location if I drove down there sometime? How far are you from Omaha? I'm a woman in my early fifties, and I'm totally harmless. lol I'd come alone and be willing to meet your parents first so they would know I'm not some nut job. :D At least give it some thought. You could throw me in front of the BF's if need be, lol.

Kat

Guest fire eyes

Kat, i think we are like 3hrs from you i guess? I'll talk Toda my parents, it shouldnt be a problem. I'm an adult you know, well maybe not in my dads eyes lol. I wouldnt think of throwing you to the bad guys, i think my dad wants to meet them in the timber though! Toda? Sorry, don't know how that happened lol.

Guest fire eyes

Georgerm,most of the stories around here are the same old -same old. You know high schoolers out on a sat night being some place they shouldnt be. In the bottoms they call it Mudd Monkey. That one guy i told you about that kinda stays in the timber from time to time & tracks this thing i guess, he's nice and all, but kinda stand offish. Some people say its him, but what i saw sure wasn't!

Since your uncomfortable speaking outside of the anonymity of the forum (which is your right) why don't you PM one of us "that one guy's" name and one of us can contact him.

Abe Del Rio does some researching in Iowa. Maybe someone here can post his contact info and you could send him the info anonymously so that he can follow up with the local guy you mentioned.

Guest fire eyes

Slabdog, i will help in anyway i can. I will have to get the ok from these people before giving out there info. I was warned that that bad people (BFRO) monitor these fourms so i have to be very careful. I dont want to be the blame for a bunch of idiots comming here & tearing things up & changing things maybe forever. This sighting is my own & i dont want to ruin it by getting the wrong people involved. I can give out the jerks name i spoke of so everyone else is aware of him & his people?

Thanks to everyone for all the great tips & understanding. I love guns & have two of my own a 2shot .45 & a double barrel 10gage my grandpa gave to me, but it is a bit much for me. I was taught to only kill if i was being killed myself or for food. You said wood knocking? I hear that alot, not woodpeckers, but like a bat hitting a tree. Prob not what you were talking about?

Yes, the sound of a bat hitting a tree is exactly what he was referring to. It is pretty well established that Sasquatch uses wood knocking to communicate with other nearby Sasquatch.

Fire Eyes

Sometimes weeding out the bad is good and if that means naming names well so be.People like those need to get there butts out of the field and should just stay home.Period, we do not need people muddying the field so to speak and they should just stay out of research or what ever.

Fire eyes:

Word of advice since your new here.

Stick to the subject matter (i.e. your sighting and experiences) and don't become embroiled in a bash fest on "that organization"...

.....unless the "jerk" you are referring to is Tom Biscardi...in which case.. TALLYHO!

:lol:

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic