New Method To Experience Bf...

Guest TooRisky

Guest uprightchimp

well, whatever you do, DONT play back wooly bully OR rock & roll part 2, THOSE will REALLY "rile" old BF up-you really dont what THAT happening, now do you!!? :blink:

That is very cool. And also the way I dive with marine life and the larger mammals. Just be there. There are many people who 'chase' things in the ocean. I'm not into that. One kid in Florida dicked with a small nurse shark once and harrassed it so bad, and the thing bit him on the chest and wouldn't let go of him. The shark was about a foot and a half long, so it wasn't huge. He had to go to the hospital to have it removed. Then.... They arrested him for harrassing the wildlife and fined the kid. I thought that was great justice. (Nurse sharks don't have real teeth. They have like a sandpaper type very rough lips, but they can cause damage if bitten by one)

I like your idea of no light and no fire. I camp like that all the time. But, there are no bigfoots here that I know of.... :(

I also had a thought of. Maybe these folks out making all the noise are actually putting stress on the bigfoot folks. You know, like having your neighbor mowing his lawn in the middle of the night while you're trying to sleep. It's very annoying and causes stress sometimes.

Edited by gail

Here is Stan Waterman. He filmed 'The Deep' and 'Blue Water White Death' I was on the Board of Directors for Our World Underwater for a long time, and he was, and still is a speaker at the shows. Anyway... He told me that he was just there, and this photo is what happened with a Whale Shark in the area. The Whale shark swam up to him and was curious. Marjorie Banks took the photo in the 1980's. He sent me the one I just took the photo of for you guys to see. The diving industry has changed things to 'no interference' with animal life underwater and teach you 'hands off' and no harrassing. It is to the point of. If you chase a whale to touch it, you get a giant fine. So, I like the concept you have of just being there. I had to share this photo with you all. Even though it's underwater. Sorry it's not too clear. It's a whale blotch.

post-2246-071319100 1317100784_thumb.jpg

SSR Team

How could I take part in what we all know will happen one day, when the species is “found†their fate is set… Humans are humans and have a track record of killing off species in the name of science… I will have no part in this; I will not have blood on my hands… From now on I just want to experience with the gigantic hope that maybe one day maybe an apple can be exchanged from hand to hand… …[/size][/font]

Amen Brother Risky & i know EXACTLY what you're talking about... :thumbsup:

TR,

I really, really like your attitude and look forward to the future and what it holds for you.

Gail,

Stunning photo, what was going through the diver's mind at the time........?

SSR Team

Stunning photo, what was going through the diver's mind at the time........?

" Am i sure glad you're just a Whale Shark & not one of your more " teethy " Cousins.." :D

Edited by BobbyO

Biggie, your sense of humor cracks me up!! :lol:

In the words of Buford(starting at 2:08), "Thank ya nice lady". I have the clip url set to play at 2:08 but for some reason the clip starts from the beginning for me so forward it to that part if it does the same for you. ;)

Gail that would be incredibly moving and humbling to experience that. It gives me chills whenever I see that on tv. I can't imagine how awestruck I'd be if I ever did that.

I've been picking up bigfoot-related songs over the years and would recommend -

The Dillards - "The Biggest Whatever"

Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers - "Abominable Snowman In The Market"

Stompin Tom Conners - "Sasquatch Song"

Manfred Mann - "The Abominable Snowman"

In honor of Rush getting screwed by the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of fame, you should play their "Moving Pictures" album for BF. Tom Sawyer should get the big guy moving.

Guest TooRisky

In honor of Rush getting screwed by the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of fame, you should play their "Moving Pictures" album for BF. Tom Sawyer should get the big guy moving.

though I love rush, they seem to get a little over the top for what I am doing...But I am far from any expert and came across this very accidentally... I would hope others may follow this advice and experiment on their own... The cost is very low if any at all, ya just have to do it and be comfortable doing it... there seems to be no down side and yes luck is going to be part of the equation, but in its self even without any encounters is a very cool experience...

Edited by TooRisky

Guest wild eyed willy

TR, I meant to ask you last night, why do preditors roll in thier kill? For an animal who depends on thier sences for food, why would they add more strong smell to the area? Wouldn't this inhibit thier ability to smell more pray? wouldn't this offer thier pray the ability to smell then comming?

Is there some reason for this action?

TR, I meant to ask you last night, why do preditors roll in thier kill? For an animal who depends on thier sences for food, why would they add more strong smell to the area? Wouldn't this inhibit thier ability to smell more pray? wouldn't this offer thier pray the ability to smell then comming?

Is there some reason for this action?

That's an interesting question. I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that as well. Do both females and males do it? If it's just males, it could be a device to attract a mate. A male that smells like prey would seem to be a good provider. Kind of like we drive Porches and wear bling. Or maybe not we as in me, but successful people.

You're probably right, R-Dub...Most animals instincts, and habits are based around mating, hunting, and defending theirselves. Smelling like a fresh kill would probably be attractive to the ladies, and show that he is versed in the art of hunting. Another reason would be to mask their scent, and cover theirselves with the smell of their particular quarry like we do when we hunt. There is definitely a purpose for it though!