If Camped And Bf Threatens..........

georgerm

Read the scary report below. If you want an encounter, can you turn this hostile situation around so you can get some good pictures of the BF? How brave are you? Can you settle the BF down by leaving food and gifts. Should you stay and shoot BF? What about setting up game cameras and get super pictures since this is a chance of a life time.

http://www.albertasasquatch.com/Reports_ForestryTR_2001.html

SSR Team

Read the scary report below. If you want an encounter, can you turn this hostile situation around so you can get some good pictures of the BF? How brave are you? Can you settle the BF down by leaving food and gifts. Should you stay and shoot BF? What about setting up game cameras and get super pictures since this is a chance of a life time.

If you want an encounter :

1 ) Don't bring a Dog

2 ) Don't bring a Gun

3 ) I'd say don't bring a Camera too judging by the past zillion Years & the lack of Pictures we have of them as i can only conclude that they act as a deterrent for whatever reason & however possible i don't know, but they must do

4 ) Leave out Food & Gifts, why not ??, 5 ) Don't shoot one, why on Earth would anyone want to do that anyway apart from sheer & utter selfishness & $$, in which both cases are morally wrong

5 ) You can forget the chance of a lifetime if you go out to try & get the Pictures of a lifetime because they're not coming any time soon, these things are WAY ahead of us in certain aspects & we just can not accept that or understand that currently & lastly........

6 ) You can do all of the above & it would guarantee you nothing so........

7 ) Hope for a bit of luck whilst doing all of the above too & you might, just might, be a very, very lucky Human Being..;)

Edited by BobbyO

Guest wudewasa

Hopefully, this isn't true, as a family pet does not deserve to go out that way. Pity the sasquatch if that was Chuck Norris' dog...

Honestly, this reminds me of the campfire tales that I used to hear in boy scouts. These spooky tales have a common scenario.

1) People are thrust willingly/unwillingly into the unknown.

2) Problems occurring at night. Origin of problems cannot be accurately described in a visual sense, scent and sounds are unknown and are difficult to identify/compare to known sounds. As diurnal, visual creatures, we often become fearful/anxious when the sense of sight is not available.

3) Attempts to identify/interact with the unknown result in the loss of someone/something valuable. This is a cautionary lesson in not questioning certain taboo subjects.

4) An unidentified expert reinforces the loss, reinforcing that they should have listened to their elders/instincts, etc. The tragedy of their loss echoes as a teaching to others.

Guest Luckyfoot

Hopefully, this isn't true, as a family pet does not deserve to go out that way. Pity the sasquatch if that was Chuck Norris' dog...

Rofl. Well done.

However, being a dog lover , feel bad for the dog. Most definately note to self to leave pooches home when and if attempting "bigfootery".

I think I would have left as well. But returned frequently with a load of trail cams and try to rally brave friends for short stays with lots of cameras.

I wonder if the early screams weren't so much a mating cry or an attempt to communicate with other Sasquatch, as it was a warning telling the people it wanted them to leave. Each night it got closer, and closer and then finally it left them a message with the dog bones that left no ambiguity as to what it wanted.

This speaks to the intelligence of the Sasquatch. It didn't necessarily want to hurt the people, or it would have just done so, but it wanted to scare them away, and what better way to do that than to kill their family pet and then return some bones as a message to get out.

BFF Patron

No disrespect but after two weeks of camping I guess their welcome was wore out, may the dog rest in peace.

The dog should have been collared and held when the door was opened to begin with (may not have held it then).....but guilt trip aside....it was time to move on.

I like a dog free BF camp. I'll not do BFing with dogs in camp/around unless they are hapless wanderers such as coyotes or strays that wander into the scene. This from a dog lover but not a current owner.

I don't think firearms are a deal breaker if they are being used responsibly and not openly brandished for no apparent reason.

SSR Team

Sorry, anything that kills either of my dogs gets killed. Period. If I have a shot, it is going down. JMO.

You don't need to apologise, because you won't get the shot..;)

Guest wudewasa

Sorry, anything that kills either of my dogs gets killed. Period. If I have a shot, it is going down. JMO.

Your opinion is agreed with and supported by many others!

This may be the bigfoot/ unknown predator's fatal flaw- it doesn't understand that some animals are seen as family members.

SSR Team

This may be the bigfoot/ unknown predator's fatal flaw- it doesn't understand that some animals are seen as family members.

:D

I highly doubt they care one little bit..

I think we're way off in even the basic understanding of these things & spending the time that i do on this forum just confirms that to me, as do the last zillion years..

...one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break through to the other side.

When one has made a decision to kill a person, even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about doing it in a long, roundabout way.

Guest TooRisky

Well to me it is like one of those horror movies where everyone for some reason do not see that they are not wanted there and ignore all the "in your face" hints... So things intensify to the point where someone is going to get hurt, this time the dog bought the farm... if you wanna stay for a picture or exchange gifts, you too may become a casualty for all the signs are in place for a disaster...

You can always pack-up and move to another location and continue your camp trip... This is my option...

Sad story. But, what if the BF was leaving the bones as a thank you gift back to the campers instead of a warning. I don't think the BF would know if a dog was a pet or not. I don't know enough about it to make a claim on that idea. The thing I see is this. As humans we are always putting our own feelings and emotions into what animals are doing or how they are responding to something we do. It is a trained thing. Take for example the Disney films with animals and the animal cartoons where the animals speak and show human emotions. (Brother Bear for example) Kids learn through TV, that animals are friendly and share their emotions and feelings. Well, it ain't true. Just like the killer whale at Sea World who snagged the girl trainer and drowned her. Now, they think the whale is a killer? OMG. The girl was swimming with a known killer in the first place. People are putting human emotions into the whale to describe it's actions and saying it was pre-meditated murder. I say no. The killer whale was doing something, and we probably don't know what it was that it was doing. But, it did it. Maybe the girls hair looked and fluttered in the wind exactly like a seal, and the killer whale's wild instincts took over. I dunno. So, what I'm saying is this. I don't think there is enough information to know why the BF did bring the bones back or howled. Who knows? But, if the story is true and it did happen. Then there is a reason for it, and it may be misunderstood behaviour on human people's part. Maybe that BF was so happy to get some food for its family and thought the guy let out his dog just for him. ??? Maybe BF seeing a dog with a person thinks that the guy is just keeping it around for food later.?? I would think that in order to understand a new creature. To study them, would not involve attaching human characteristics of a moral or ethical activity regarding human behaviour or learned human patterns to it. But, maybe I'm wrong on that?? I'd feel safer diving with a killer whale out in the open ocean than in a small tank where humans fed them a little fish for doing a circus act in order to get applause and money.... I'm just sayin....

Edited by gail

Sasquatch have been competing with, dealing with and living alongside canines much longer than we have. If they have no use for dogs I'm sure they have their reasons, but there are plenty of researchers that take their dogs into the field with them with no problems. On two occasions it was my dog that alerted me to a creatures presence, she sticks close to me and will growl very low, but she has never RUNNOFT into the brush chasing one. Also, let's be honest, some dogs are a few cans short of a six pack anyway, love-able or not for a few of them it's just a matter of time before they find a way to do themselves in. I feel compassion for this family but they where not in control of their half of the situation. Wolves and coyotes avoid Sasquatch, they are not stupid. Thanks to our meddling we have engineered fatal flaws into many breeds of dogs, neurosis not the least common ailment among them.