My New Bigfoot Theory

Guest wild eyed willy

Guest wudewasa

So the evolutionary (or even the paranormal theory) has more credence then this?

Well, science does rely on quantifiable data to make informed decisions, but that doesn't seem to matter to some folks.

post-1029-004473000 1317306021_thumb.gif

It's a well-known human trait that people who are passionate about a particular subject, tend to become very sure that their own "take" on it is self-evidently the only right one; whence angry and scornful antagonism is apt abundantly to come about, between differently-thinking adherents of the subject -- who would seem to outsiders, all to be basically on the same page.

Bigfootery as a whole, sometimes reminds me of Harry Turtledove's fictional land of Videssos (quite closely based on the historical Byzantium). Almost all Videssians are terminally addicted to theological disputation and nitpicking, about their country's religion -- same essential basis, an infinite number of possible differences-in-detail. They have a joke to the effect that if three Videssians are shipwrecked together on a desert island; in no time at all, there'll be six different heresies in being.

Guest HairyGreek

Well, science does rely on quantifiable data to make informed decisions, but that doesn't seem to matter to some folks.

I'll battle points with you when you can muster up an argument using the English language as opposed to cut-and-paste insults of other's belief systems. So you believe in everything science tells you. You have faith in science. Good for you. By all means, feel free to laugh and insult the rest of the world who doesn't see things so black and white.

You may think you don't have a diety in your life. An idol to worship. But you surely do. Be careful what you make fun of. You may have to walk by a mirror some day.

LAL - I have visited a site called "Sitchin is Wrong" which did a great job debunking the Ancient Alien idea.

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest wudewasa

I'll battle points with you when you can muster up an argument using the English language as opposed to cut-and-paste insults of other's belief systems.

I don't think that we can discuss religion here at BFF, but this thread was originally looking at biblical mythology that some folks accept as reality.

And as for my insults, I like to think them as humor instead.

post-1029-061681900 1317307554_thumb.jpg

Guest HairyGreek

*sigh*...

One day, you will realize that science is not the "right" way, it is "right now" way.

I am all for science, but they change what they call absolute fact like my wife changes her shoes. That may float your boat, great have fun reveling in your "knowledge" for now.

In the words of Maximus..."the time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end".

Everything you think you know about science in the world will be throw into disarray. I just hope it is within your lifetime. ;)

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest wudewasa

*sigh*...

I am all for science, but they change what they call absolute fact like my wife changes her shoes. That may float your boat, great have fun reveling in your "knowledge" for now.

Yes, because with new data, we have to reevaluate our understanding of the world to get a more accurate perspective. Because of differing analyses and interpretation of data, there will always be contention amongst scientists.

Here's a new version of an old boat floating tale that may be more appealing to some...

post-1029-045237500 1317310912_thumb.jpg

Edited by wudewasa

Guest wudewasa

Yeah, maybe LAL will give you another +1 for once again insulting someone's religious beliefs.

Hmm, again, I don't think we can discuss religion here, but mythology is fair game...

Guest HairyGreek

I love it. So the Ark and the flood are mythology to you, correct? And you are on a Bigfoot internet message board making this point through offensive posts disguised as satire and clever cartoons in the name of "comedy". Well, don't worry, I certainly do find you funny.

Oh, here is some mythology for you to read about...

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/phenom_apr00.html?c=y&page=1

Edited by HairyGreek

Guest wudewasa

Yes, the Ark and flood of biblical mythology are stories

My celtic and Norse ancestors came up with some great tales to listen to over mead and strong ale. The Norse tale of Yggdrasil, the Irish collection of Fionn Mac Cool's adventures, the Cattle Raid of Cooley are an important part of my heritage. While there may be some grain of fact that is surrounded by symbolism and metaphor, these stories portray the constant and enduring problems of the human condition. A society's cultural ideology, it's morals are rooted in its mythology. While the different versions of stories have evolved over time (think Prometheus and fire to Star Wars and the struggle with technology), the archetypes are always the same.

"Register your dreams with your ancestors, for you were their dreams." Marijo Moore

How do we find a way to discuss theories that include ET and Nephilim without devolving into a theological debate. The posting guidelines seem to leave room for the subject.

My studies of The Nephilim in history and sacred writings, although not at all extensive, have caused me to wonder whether there is some connection to the modern phenomenon.

You don't have to agree with my religious beliefs or my lack thereof to discuss if there is a historical basis to the writings. Has anyone here spent any time exploring the subject?

Typo correction

Edited by indiefoot

Guest HairyGreek

You must not have heeded your own avatar. By all means, keep waxing philosophical on things you cannot possibly know are only stories. You cannot prove it. If you could, you would be a trillionaire. People would line up to hear how you "know" such things and could demonstrate the why.

All you have is the regurgitation of someone else's education to keep you warm at night in your own beliefs that will never call you into account. By all means, believe the flood and the ark are myths and legends. Believe in your heart of hearts that you "know" this for a fact. Just remember, nothing seperates you from the other side except that you place your faith and belief elsewhere. It is all still faith and belief. If you need to feel otherwise to feel better...well, whatever blows your skirt up bub.

If you subscribe to the beliefs of the ancient alien theorists, than you would know that some highly advanced culture or cultures came to earth many thousands of years ago. When they arrived here they took some of the creatures that were already here on the planet and modified their DNA to create modern humans. It is thought that these DNA alterations have happened many times to our kind.

In the Dead Sea scrolls there is a section concerning Noah, it basically says that Noah’s father came back to find his wife pregnant. He had not been around and she claimed to not have been with anyone. The problem was eventually brought to Noah’s great grandfather Methuselah who told them that the sky gods had impregnated her and that the child Noah was to be the start of the new human kind. The reason why was given as his lineage was pure through all of its generations.

There are many accounts throughout history concerning man kind being wiped out, some by flood other times by plagues, fires earthquakes and such. The ancient alien theorists believe these were brought about by the aliens for the purpose of killing off all of the genetically inferior people and repopulating again with whatever experiment they are happy with.

My theory concerns all of these things to some extent. To start with I think that Bigfoot’s ancestors may have been the man like creature that was used by the advanced civilization to create the first humans.

I don’t believe that every single being needed to be killed off in order for the aliens to repopulate the earth with a new genetically superior sample. As long as most of the subjects were gone, the basic slate would be cleaned and even though thousands upon thousands were killed off, I think pockets of people or creatures did survive.

I think the Bigfoot of today had survived these devastating events all over the world and have evolved into the animals we search for today. I think they may have been the men we were made from.

Interesting theory.

I have often wondered if BF evolved naturally here on earth, and we humans came here by unnatural means. Bigfoot seems to be the apex bipedal ape that evolved from a successful strain of primates. Bigfoot is perfectly adapted to the forest and rugged country, and is of high intelligence when compared to other apes. Bigfoot is large enough to do battle with bears, and cougars though the use of body strength and crude tools such as rocks or timbers used to bash in the threatening animal.

Now look at us, men can grow long hair and beards down to their knees for what reason? Later, men and women grow out of shape with bad looking bulges. What kind of natural selection process made this happen? Humans now have huge brains that evolved from where? Then we have various colors of humans from red, brown, yellowish, pink, and black. How and why did natural selection cause this to happen? This almost seems like an experiment of growing different strains in a petri dish which is earth.