Has Dr. Meldrum's Reputation Or Career Been Damaged By His Involvement With Bigfoot?

What its the scientific community's opinion on him? Is he respected in his field or is he ridiculed for his involvement with bigfoot? Does anyone hold it against him?

Admin

Yes, yes and yes.

Wow what a shame.

It is a shame if true.

One can disagree with him about the subject, it's all fine and good, but it sounds like other professors won't even drink coffee with him.

I guess most people cannot leave their high school cliches behind them.

Admin

yup, a shame, but he does produce worldwide exposure to the university. A good thing for them, that's why they "allow" it. Any publicity is better than no publicity.

Even though I'm a skeptic, I want credentialed scientists probing the subject matter. From my point of view, the worst case scenario would be that no credentialed scientists take the matter seriously, I'd have to abandon the hobby and I don't want to do that! it's too much fun.

Guest swanky slinky

if you look, this article is over 5 years old. A lot has happened since then on both sides of the equation. Be it hoaxes or possible dna/physical evidence. Who knows just maybe, Dr. Meldrum and others (who have had possible encounters) might be vindicated in the future.

Admin

Welcome swanky slinky (what is a swanky slinky? :)) and arizonabigfoot.

Edited by gigantor

SSR Team

It is a shame if true.

One can disagree with him about the subject, it's all fine and good, but it sounds like other professors won't even drink coffee with him.

That says more about them & their closed minds, which would then say a lot about their credentials, if that was the case..

Guest swanky slinky

Welcome swanky slinky (what is a swanky slinky? :))

my youngest daughter trying to say slinky but sounding like swanky.

please correct me if i am wrong but isn't the Relic Hominid site ran on Idaho States servers?

Admin

no idea, just haven't looked into it...

Admin

No shame in what he does. If you disagree with him, franklly, I wonder why your here. The shame is no real, without a doubt, evidence has been produced by anyone, that would put the Bigfoot debate to rest.

Guest Kerchak

His career has been made by Bigfoot. How many of those professors are even recognized at all?

I was about to wonder that.

Of course the cynic can easily respond that Meldrum has seen a good opportunity to make himself known and to get on t.v.

Please notice that no-one in that article questioned his published papers as sub-par. It was "a shame" that he spent his time researching something that others didn't believe existed. I suppose we should shut down CERN for announcing something infinitely more ground breaking to science than a big ape running around the PNW and Canada.