New Bigfoot Article

Guest HairyGreek

Guest HairyGreek

"All the Bigfoot contactees -- for some reason they never take photographs," Coleman said. "There's a lot of interest in finding these things, but we have to look of the credibility of the people feeding us the stories. I'm always careful of two kinds of people, the debunkers who have no interest and the true believers who will not bring any critical thinking."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/10/14/michigan-woman-claims-to-have-fed-bigfoot-blueberry-bagels/?test=faces#ixzz1am4ek4Me

SSR Team

I certainly see where he's coming from, but he's basically saying no one is actually having any kind of interaction with them at all, with what he says below..

====

Coleman said he hasn't met with Pfeifer, but is doubtful, comparing her story to people who meet with aliens from UFOs.

"They really believe they are having these experiences," Coleman said. "I don't know if its hallucinations or a psychological state."

====

& if he believes that, that's cool, but why on Earth would someone virtually devote their whole life to something that they didn't even think had the possibility of existing, like he can't do if he completely dismisses the idea of having interaction with them as being either hallucinations or a psychological state ??

SSR Team

Here's another reason that i've seen a lot & that i personally believe is legitimate with regards to this subject which may also give some kind of indication as to why alleged Habituation areas are not providing what many feel they should..

"I want people to realize that they do exist," Pfeifer said. "They are not aggressive, they are more human-like than an ape and I'm very protective of them."

Guest Sasquatch Fan 89

Well the article has a few critical points. First off, why would a single women in all of the history of Bigfoot have regular encounters? One could quiet easily say that she is just not balanced in the head and that is why she is believing she is having these encounters. We have a lot of serious researchers on Sasquatch and unfortunately when people like her pop up it makes a bad name for them. I am not trying to insult her, but that is just the truth.

I am unsure about the Yeti evidence, I guess we will just have to see what they come up with.

Guest HairyGreek

I don't agree or disagree with LC. I just thought it was funny how so much of this article is topical to current discussions taking place. It also firmly removes LC from para's list of paranormal propponants.

Guest HairyGreek

Well the article has a few critical points. First off, why would a single women in all of the history of Bigfoot have regular encounters? One could quiet easily say that she is just not balanced in the head and that is why she is believing she is having these encounters. We have a lot of serious researchers on Sasquatch and unfortunately when people like her pop up it makes a bad name for them. I am not trying to insult her, but that is just the truth.

I am unsure about the Yeti evidence, I guess we will just have to see what they come up with.

Well, you can't hurt the Bigfoot argument, because there isn't one. There is, as of this posting, no proof of the existance of BF. People uninterested think it is a joke. They don't care and won't care until someone brings forth something to make them care. Namely, a body. So I don't agree with you there.

Where I do agree with you is that I am skeptical of people making it public their expereinces in the name of "protecting" their forest friends. Drawing more attention to the idea seems counter-productive unless it is only yourself who wants some attention. And no, I am not talking about people who come to this board to share their experiences. This is a small little corner of a small little pond.

SSR Team

One could say many things couldn't they, but you still wouldn't know for sure one way or the other..

I've got one for you, you say why this Woman but the easy answer to that is, why not ??

It could be anyone couldn't it ??

Could be ( if i or anyone else i mention had a rural Homestead maybe in N America ) me, could be you, could be Hairy Greek, could be Opera Winfrey, could be Tom Brady..

You can't say this Woman gives a bad name to serious Researchers because you just simply don't know that she does, & that is the truth.

Jumping in a little late here. Habituators is kind of a misnomer as most folks who have reported having activity on their property didn't actually lure BF there with a promise of a buffet. LOL! Most folks appear to have purchased property and at a later date found out something very odd was going on. In some cases the property went cheap for undisclosed reasons.

Another senario is folks were minding their own business and over long periods of time discovered thru BF's actions they had them. BF iniated the disclosure and types of limited contact.

Now it seems awfully shoddy treatment for folks to dismiss what's reported by hapless homeowners. By reporting the activity there really is no upside. It's not like many people see BF activity as a selling point??!!

From what I've observed everyone wants to see one....but no one thinks of the day to day conundrums....like Painthorse has had flat kittens? Squished pets is hardly fun.

Having your livestock harassed??

Guessing it throws cows right off milk production?

Chickens missing? Weren't these folks raising them for food?

For rural families sending the kids off to the bus stop pre dawn has to raise conflicts....just saying...there is lots that goes unthought of & unsaid besides "show me a picture". These folks live in quite an awkward position.

Guest Alpinist

Coleman said he hasn't met with Pfeifer, but is doubtful, comparing her story to people who meet with aliens from UFOs.

"They really believe they are having these experiences," Coleman said. "I don't know if its hallucinations or a psychological state."

if he believes that, that's cool, but why on Earth would someone virtually devote their whole life to something that they didn't even think had the possibility of existing, like he can't do if he completely dismisses the idea of having interaction with them as being either hallucinations or a psychological state ??

Coleman is interested in one thing and that is the monetization of crypto zoology by drawing attention to himself and his products. Writing books about other peoples experiences and believing that qualifies you to judge habituation experiencers whom come forward, doesn't cut it.

There is no substitute for personal in the field experiences, of which I am sure Coleman has not had any of what so ever.

Coleman is just another co-intel pro skeptic who gets far too much attention. This recent missive by him is exactly the kind of media behavior that suppresses future reports by humiliating people who do dare to come forward.

Edited by Alpinist
  • Upvote 2

I think people who "come forward" saying they had contact of some kind with bigfoot are suspect.

Maybe personality type is a big factor, but I don't get why you'd make a public spectacle of any bigfoot interaction. Kind of dysfunctional. Mind you, mentioning on the forum here that bigfoot eats bananas out of your hand, or whatever, doesn't count as a public spectacle.

Guest HairyGreek

Thank you King. You see my point. I'm sorry, but someone talking to reporters about their experiences feeding BF out of their hand in the back yard just sounds like BS. So sorry if that offends. If you come to a place like this and look for someone who has had similar experience and then share with them, then great. But broadcasting it to the news? I don't see any defense for that sort of thing if you are unwilling to share some sort of proof.

Someday Coleman is going to come face to face with a Bigfoot, and afterward people will ask him why he didn't take a picture.

As far as rural folks who have activity on their property, my experience is that most of them don't mind neighborly contact. It's all part of living on the edge of the woods, and most value the experiences.

Such people feel more threatened by human outsiders coming in and poking around than they do by the bigfoot. Beyond that, they're afraid investigation will disturb the balance.

Guest HairyGreek

Such people feel more threatened by human outsiders coming in and poking around than they do by the bigfoot. Beyond that, they're afraid investigation will disturb the balance.

My point is that she didn't, so that makes it suspect in my mind.

My point is that she didn't, so that makes it suspect in my mind.

I agree. Suspect. It could be that she is simply one of those lonely, chatty types who doesn't have a lot of friends. In that case she's getting a lot of positive reinforcement. Something is eating the food she puts out for it and she gets to tell everyone about it.

Guest Alpinist

I'm sorry, but someone talking to reporters about their experiences feeding BF out of their hand in the back yard just sounds like BS. So sorry if that offends. If you come to a place like this and look for someone who has had similar experience and then share with them, then great. But broadcasting it to the news?

She was in contact with Igor Burtsev and other habituation experiencers long before this media exposure. She was given Janice Carters BF language dictionary / phrase book and had success using some of the phrases in it. She was flying under the radar for a while, but the publicity was unavoidable during the Russia trip, which it seems turned out to be a bit of a media circus and a political publicity leverage for someone over there.

My impression is she is a successful and smart woman with a pretty decent ranching operation going on though I really don't know the details of what her economic activities are.

So you see, she hasn't just stepped forward with "claims", she has quietly and discretely been in touch with other researchers privately for a while. I was told she didn't want to be publicly known, but I guess the Russia trip changed that. You can see why she wanted a low profile when an opportunist like Coleman jumps on the bandwagon how things go sideways immediately

Edited by Alpinist