New Bigfoot Article

Guest HairyGreek

As much as I consider LC nothing but an author, and story chaser, I tend to agree with his statement to a certain extent. These 'habituation' witnesses always seem to have the same M.O...They act like they are the guardians, and protectors of them, and refuse to prove their incredible interactions. I don't believe one single habituation account. There could be a plethora of reasons to fabricate these accounts from attention, to increasing the interest, or value of their property to certain individuals. If they truly wanted to keep it quiet, they would just keep quiet. Pretty simple! But they don't, so there must be a reason. And why would you contact a BF 'researcher' if there was tangible proof, and not someone actually versed in scientific research? You wouldn't, unless you already had an interest in the BF phenomenon in the first place. Nothing against BF researchers, but what do they really provide for someone other than answering a few questions, and levying their own agenda into the equation? I'm sure there are a couple who actually care about proving existence with no 'self' indulgence, but they would be the exception. Bottom line....When the math don't add up there is always a good reason, and usually involves deception of some kind.

Just do some searches and you will see that there are many more cases,even cases with implants.

search dr.lear,he has did surgery on people and removed implants and after testing the implants

the materials are not from earth,and there were other observations also

According to Stuart Appelle in The Abduction Experience: A Critical Evaluation of Theory and Evidence, 1996, there had been approximately 1700 reported alien abductions worldwide in history, though some other people studying the phenomena suggested that a much greater percentage of the population may have had similar experiences but had just not reported them. Of course that cannot be verified, and as such cannot be counted.

According to the website Ourbigfoot.com, there were over 2,944 reported bigfoot sightings in the United States alone from 1987 to 2007. As with the figures above, there are most likely unreported encounters which, of course, cannot be counted. Unlike the alien abduction figures, there are thousands of additional encounters that can be counted and that have been reported and are on file from Canada, Russia, Southeast Asia, Australia, and all over the world, in addition to the reports prior to 1987 in the U.S.

Basically the figure of 1700 alien abductions represented all of the reported abductions all over the world in all of history up to 1996. The 2944 bigfoot sightings only represented 20 years worth of bigfoot sightings in one single country, so it seems to me that there are far more bigfoot sightings than there are claims of alien abductions, unless there has been an incredible mass abduction over the past 14 years.

Guest Cervelo

Oh and don't forget how "courages" they are for coming forward on the Internet it really takes guts to post a story on a Bigfoot fourm!!!

The author doesn't quote Coleman making any UFO comparison, he makes that comparison himself.

And just being the Devil's advocate here, but why all the negative comments tossed at Coleman, yet nary a peep about Dr. Meldrum?

Neither had favorable things to say about the woman's claims.

"There's no substance to any of her claims"... "If there were 10 to 12 around her home, she should be opening up a museum with all the artifacts." -- Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum

Does anyone know if Dr. Meldrum has a similar attitude towards all habituation claims, or just this particular case?

RayG

Southern...it's kind of a cop-out to attack Coleman. He hasn't claimed to see one as far as I know, so he is well within his rights to make a statement about a lack of clear photographic proof; especially from people who claim these things living on their land and eating out of their hands! I don't think he is at all attacking the people who have surprise sightings once in their lives. He isn't a stupid man.

Also, you search for Bigfoot alone. He had 40 years of frustrations regarding multiple creatures that fall under crypto-zoology. In other words, he shovels through more..err...dung as far as ridiculous "eye-witness" accounts then several researchers looking for Bigfoot will combined.

One final thought...this uncanny ability to avoid cameras of any kind...if this is true...

Someone please give me a scientific explanation of how it could be possible.

Actually, the use of camera traps, video cameras, audio arrays, finding tracks and collecting hair samples could expose the existence of any cryptid. Loren may have listened to and recorded a fast amount of anecdotes regarding a variety of cryptids , but that doesn't validate any of them or disprove even the first anecdote. Not a scientific way to be an authority on anything. He also accepts bigfoot based on the present evidence, I gather the PGF is good enough, so he doesn't need the photo's for his personal acceptance, I think it's more about the face time and selling lip service. I use the anecdotes to serve as an indication that evidence may be nearby, and to see if the evidence corresponds to the described phenomena, thats all it's good for "scientificly" speaking. If Loren can show that he gathers evidence I'll call him a researcher, until then he's just an author enthusiast, and the statements about clear photo's applies to all witnesses, proponents and researchers not just those who would seem to have a better chance than others. One more thing, we don't know what evidence this lady has provided in confidence with the scientists, don't assume you can see the whole picture.

Camera traps are designed to trigger on a certain wave length of light and a certain amount of motion within the detection cone. If the designers didn't build in a narrow window on the heat range, the cameras would false trigger too much. They are also built with certain game animals in mind , a deer has very short hair and it's heat is more detectable than a long haired animal is. If a squatch is covered in thick long hair, it's heat may be masked enough for the camera to ignore it. Note, this is just one theory as to how a camera trap might miss an opportunity.

Given the direction the current evidence on bigfoot is going, about all a bigfoot would need to understand is that the cameras represent our eyes in the woods, and it's game over anyways. We all keep testing that hypothesis. ;)

King Canyon:

Now Rio Bravo is dead right. From a distance is the key. They don't detect long range observation. Promise. And a telescopic lens is the deal. I personally have video from a distance where you can see what looks like them talking. And I've said this before here, too: I'd post it if I could get it to load on my gallery. I can only get stuff loaded on threads. Maybe I should just have a gallery thread. Mods, could I do that?

As for bf only contacting a lone woman....please, homies. Assuming she really had this interaction (and then blabbed about it far and wide, which is dysfunctional if you ask me, or it came out however), it doesn't mean she was the lonely only one. That others had interaction but didn't go about flogging the fact to the media I have no doubt. Cuz it's just not cool.

OMG that was some great writing!!!

(Now wiping off my keyboard)

All you have to do is google PhotoBucket, register for an account and link it to your next post....it keeps the forum from running slower and you have way more space to store your photo's or video's. Isn't it also safeguarded so no one can boost your photo's without your permission??? Anyone??

According to Stuart Appelle in The Abduction Experience: A Critical Evaluation of Theory and Evidence, 1996, there had been approximately 1700 reported alien abductions worldwide in history, though some other people studying the phenomena suggested that a much greater percentage of the population may have had similar experiences but had just not reported them. Of course that cannot be verified, and as such cannot be counted.

According to the website Ourbigfoot.com, there were over 2,944 reported bigfoot sightings in the United States alone from 1987 to 2007. As with the figures above, there are most likely unreported encounters which, of course, cannot be counted. Unlike the alien abduction figures, there are thousands of additional encounters that can be counted and that have been reported and are on file from Canada, Russia, Southeast Asia, Australia, and all over the world, in addition to the reports prior to 1987 in the U.S.

Basically the figure of 1700 alien abductions represented all of the reported abductions all over the world in all of history up to 1996. The 2944 bigfoot sightings only represented 20 years worth of bigfoot sightings in one single country, so it seems to me that there are far more bigfoot sightings than there are claims of alien abductions, unless there has been an incredible mass abduction over the past 14 years.

To be fair the BFRO whom has one of the largest databases of sightings was founded in 1995. Are you stating that by the year 1996 that over 1700 bigfoot sightings have been logged?

Also, you left out one of the most popular polls for alien abduction. Source (multiple articles on the web refer to this poll)

In 1991, Hopkins, Jacobs and sociologist Dr. Ron Westrum commissioned a Roper Poll in order to determine how many Americans might have experienced the abduction phenomenon. Of nearly 6,000 Americans, 119 answered in a way that Hopkins et al. interpreted as supporting their ET interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. Based on this figure, Hopkins estimated that nearly four million Americans might have been abducted by extraterrestrials.

That's quite a bit more than claimed bigfoot sightings.

The author doesn't quote Coleman making any UFO comparison, he makes that comparison himself.

And just being the Devil's advocate here, but why all the negative comments tossed at Coleman, yet nary a peep about Dr. Meldrum?

Neither had favorable things to say about the woman's claims.

"There's no substance to any of her claims"... "If there were 10 to 12 around her home, she should be opening up a museum with all the artifacts." -- Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum

Does anyone know if Dr. Meldrum has a similar attitude towards all habituation claims, or just this particular case?

RayG

RayG: Your bold text. I feel this way about all habituation claims. They are all empty claims. Anyone making the claim of habituation will refuse to offer proof of it, flat out - or offer nonsense that is complete bs. Any claimed habituation witnesses can feel free to prove me wrong.

I take big pictures, meaning a big amount of data per pic. I just looked, each one is 2 to 3 MB for the few I checked.I have had a photobucket account and it cannot really upload a high quality picture. I could take smaller pics, but the detail is what makes it. Snapfish and photobucket automatically shrink your picture some and reduce the quality of the picture. You cannot trust those two site to maintain the detail and quality. It's a waste of time.

Know of any site that doesn't diminish big pictures down to crap? Deviantart? How is that?

Do you mean you threw up on the keyboard or something? I'd like to know. I am not sure.

And I think I have also made clear that when I say I have a picture or whatever, you can believe it or disbelieve it, but I don't feel the urge to prove it. Take my word for it. Or ignore me. I don't want to prove they exist. I am not a competitive squatcher. I want to participate in discussion without having to prove stuff to people. I won't be drawn into that because I just don't like it.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest parnassus

Since there is no large mammalian species that is known to have such a covering, nor any species that can understand that cameras are our eyes or any species that could communicate such a thought, would you agree that your explanations are much less likely than Bigfoot just not being a flesh and blood animal?

And why would you contact a BF 'researcher' if there was tangible proof, and not someone actually versed in scientific research

Maybe it is that the scientific research does not want to listen to such claims,since this is not a natural way for these creatures to act.What I mean that it does not fit with in what they expect this creature to act.After all it is a wild beast living primal may even be ape and this just does not fit into what the established charactistics of an ape does.

Maybe people should just go out and test this stuff out for them selves and see if it is true before questioning such claims.It might surprise you what you might find out just by testing it in the field with these creatures. Same stuff different day (S.S.D.D.) :)

To be fair the BFRO whom has one of the largest databases of sightings was founded in 1995. Are you stating that by the year 1996 that over 1700 bigfoot sightings have been logged?

I did not mention anywhere in my post any number of BF sightings other than the 2,944 reported from 1987-2007 as listed on the source site, so no, I am not stating that prior to 1996 there were over 1700 BF sightings logged.

Also, you left out one of the most popular polls for alien abduction.

"In 1991, Hopkins, Jacobs and sociologist Dr. Ron Westrum commissioned a Roper Poll in order to determine how many Americans might have experienced the abduction phenomenon. Of nearly 6,000 Americans, 119 answered in a way that Hopkins et al. interpreted as supporting their ET interpretation of the abduction phenomenon. Based on this figure, Hopkins estimated that nearly four million Americans might have been abducted by extraterrestrials."

I responded in bold to your question in regard to what I am stating about the number of BF sightings.

In regard to the poll you referenced on alien abduction, I bolded key words and phrases in it that put it in perspective in relation to the discussion between Zigoapex and me. I did not merely leave it out, I disqualified it because it does not assert his statement that "there are a greater number of abductee cases than bf sightings(sic)." Rather, it estimates that a larger number of people might have experienced that phenomena because in that poll that % of people answered in such a way that the authors interpreted their answers as alien abduction experiences. It does not represent an actual number of reported experiences like the BF sighting number I gave does, and like the 1,700 reported alien abductions figure does.

You cannot take poll results for alleged alien abductions and put those side by side with actual report numbers for BF and get an accurate comparison. You have to compare apples to apples, polls to polls, actual reports to actual reports. If you poll 6,000 Americans in regard to potential BF sightings, what kind of results are you going to get, especially nowadays when it seems like every snapped branch and growl in the dark is a sasquatch? Of course you could poll in downtown Boston and probably come up with practically nothing...

Guest Paulina

Just a thought from a newbie here about camera traps. Since many animals have a highly developed sense of smell, perhaps the leftover "smell of humans" is what keeps them away? Humans may well leave scents all over the camera trap(s), gear and surrounding area. I'm with the peeps that say placing cameras long range or at a distance may be the better option. Plus if an area an animal is familiar with has been disturbed (though perhaps not discernible to us mere humans, it may make them avoid that area. Just thinking out loud - and not saying that Bigfoot is strictly an animal either. I just don't know what it may be.

This woman doesn't have to set up a game camera. There are several excellent quality web cameras on the market. They are small, unobtrusive, and can easily be placed on a windowsill with other, similarly shaped knick-knacks. They are easy to disguise, as well. Coupled with security software, they can record either photos or video to your HDD. A couple of the Phillips ones can actually record at <1 lux (I use an SN9000 for planetary photography).

Guest HairyGreek

Maybe it is that the scientific research does not want to listen to such claims,since this is not a natural way for these creatures to act.What I mean that it does not fit with in what they expect this creature to act.After all it is a wild beast living primal may even be ape and this just does not fit into what the established charactistics of an ape does.

Maybe people should just go out and test this stuff out for them selves and see if it is true before questioning such claims.It might surprise you what you might find out just by testing it in the field with these creatures. Same stuff different day (S.S.D.D.) :)

Julio, the "scientist don't want to listen" thing is getting old. There are several on this board alone willing to listen as well as amateur researchers who have plenty of fancy equipment. Let's stop all that talk unless you have reached out to one of them and they shot you down.

@RayG - thanks for bringing everyone back down to reality about LC. I am not defending everything the guy does and I didn't post this thread to be pro-Coleman. I can just see and hear the frustration in the answers some of these people are giving who have invested a lot of time in this when they here "Oh yeah, they just walk up to the back of the house and we chat and have donuts together at least once a month."

@Parn - you sound like para...LOL.