Do You Think Bf Has Been Discovered But Is Hush Hush?

Guest bfsearcher

Bigfoot has already been discovered. Mainstream science hasn't caught up yet, but they will.

Does the government know? I'd guess yes since they are the only real organization with the manpower/resources to capture such a creature (if they were inclined to do so).

Also the feds would have the resource/power to cover up occasional accidental discoveries, such as a body being hit by a truck or such. I'm not saying this has happened, only that the government alone has what it takes to do these things.

...there has been a theory floating around for years that the National Park system was created to provide refuges for sasquatch.

It much larger than just that, check out this:

Wilerness areas

Many areas around Oregon and Washington are national wilderness, which means no roads. These areas are open to public use, but limited to basically hiking, which of course cuts the human traffic down to nil. More wilderness areas are being added, just last year the Roaring River basin in Clackamas County, Oregon was declared a wilderness area, this areas has many sightings.

I'm not saying that this is being done solely for the sake of the squatch, but it's funny how many hot spots are closed off and protected now.

Guest HairyGreek

To the OP:

Sure. Why not? It's as likely as any explanation I have heard from the "normal" to the bizarre. Just like any other theory on BF, if it isn't true, prove it. Right?

SSR Team

It much larger than just that, check out this:

Wilerness areas

My my, that's my entire Sunday planned now, thank you OM..;)

Guest StankApe

I disagree. I don't think the Theory of Evolution (ToE for short) is going to be renamed any time soon. It is one of the top 5 best supported theories in the history of science. We know more about evolution than we do about gravity.

Theories, if there's a hierarchy, are higher than laws. Laws describe the facts; theories explain them. Theories are as close to proven as science ever gets.

I do think it's intellectually dishonest (or misinformed) to dismiss evolution as just a theory as though it's a wild guess with nothing to support it.

This has become a semantics issue, but I will attempt to qualify my statement.

In my statement that "evolution was no longer a theory" I was referring to the manner in which the prior poster had stated. IMO, he was attempting to diffuse the usefulness of Evolution by saying it's just a "theory" (so in that manner using the word theory in it's common usage other than it's scientific usage) I was attempting to state that it has risen above the conceptual phase of "theory" and on to the evidentiary stage. In other words, it's not just an idea somebody has anymore, it's got a ton of evidence supporting it.

My bad if this got all misconstrued and such! :D

Guest HairyGreek

Sounds like all your doing is looking for another way to swipe at See while once again injecting your belief on the matter.

Guest StankApe

Sounds like all your doing is looking for another way to swipe at See while once again injecting your belief on the matter.

No, I really wasn't. I was trying to clarify my statement based on my interpretation of what he said. I haven't been on here long enough to know y'all to try and be taking swipes at people! :)

Guest parnassus

This post replaces my initial response, which was removed.

You're right, Stanky. Evolution is not a theory. It is, as taught today, the consensus belief held by the scientific community. It has not been proven, only believed by scientists based on their interpretation of evidence they've found... This evidence can also be interpreted to support differing views as well.

Vestigal limbs, embrionic gills... So what? This evidence supports hypothesis. Anything else is based on opinion and conjecture resulting in a belief.

As for the chiclids, that too is conjecture. Nobody was around over the past 4 million years to observe these claims. This is not proven and is unprovable. Hypothesis? Yes. Fact? We have no way of knowing for sure.

DNA commonality? This only proves that all living organisms share some DNA and is not evidence of evolutionary truth.

I respect your belief system as well. However, it is intellectually dishonest to claim The Theory of Evolution is a fact.

The only true fact here is that both of us are free to interpret the evidence and to believe whatever we choose.

Wikipedia on transitional fossils:

Transitional fossils serve as a reminder that taxonomic divisions are human constructs that have been imposed in hindsight on a continuum of variation. Numerous examples exist, including those of humans and other primates, tetrapods and fish, and birds and dinosaurs.

"There are no transitional fossils" is a claim made by groups like Answers in Genesis and the Institute for Creation Research.[3][17][20][21] Such claims may be based on a misunderstanding of the nature of what represents a transitional feature[20] but are also explained as a tactic employed by creationists seeking to distort or discredit evolutionary theory and has been called a "favorite lie" of creationists.[22] Some creationists dispute the lack of transitional forms.[23]

Guest HairyGreek

No, I really wasn't. I was trying to clarify my statement based on my interpretation of what he said. I haven't been on here long enough to know y'all to try and be taking swipes at people! :)

Fair enough. I will take you at your word since yur new ta these parts misser.

Look guys, it's all good. Everyone doesn't have the same opinions on things.

Stanky, I'm good with your opinion. I just took a bit of exception to the "intellectually dishonest" comment. Nevertheless, you have a right to that opinion as well.

Parn, I'm good with your point as well. Your opinion is welcome regardless of what I think about it.

I think the one thing we all have in common is that our opinions are important to us in spite of the views of others.

Cheers!

Guest HairyGreek

the only swipes i get to take anymore, are the ones necessary to clean up messes around here... <_<

Good Lord...you sound like my mother. :lol:

Guest wild eyed willy

It is my feeling that the gov/military has a better understanding of BF than you or I do. The fact that they haven't told us about the details doesn't surprise me. SOP seems to be to keep all information from the general public good or bad unless releasing it will gain some benifit desired from same.

It is my belief that Government is not efficient enough to keep things like bf and ufo's a secret. What it would change is a very interesting question. Depending on what we find out about bigfoot, it will change our perception of what it is to be human. How intelligent does an animal/human have to be to receive basic human rights rights. There are also a lot of religious issues. The existence of bf would challenge some individual's religious beliefs about the soul,creation and other issues. I believe religion and politics are a no no on this forum so that it all I will say.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic