Wondering If Bf Tears Down A Den

Guest bfsearcher

Guest bfsearcher

I wonder if BF tears down it's den if it moves to another area or is just done using it,I say why I ask. Because my cousin and myself found a large den made out of briars,weeds ect and in the side of it was an entrance and my cousin actually went inside of it and said it was about 4ft x 10ft and probably about 4ft tall,so a few weeks went by and I was going to go take a picture of it but it was gone,the only thing left was dirt.

bfsearcher, I read an account once somewhere up here in the Northeast of a couple finding a stone hut with spruce roof. They saw a large black hairy homonid inside and then got freaked out and left the area. They went back sometime later and the whole thing was gone. Maybe the squatch figured he'd been discovered and erased all evidence. Did you ever disturb a mother cat with new kittens? They move them when they think "It's getting too busy around here." Maybe Squatches do the same thing? But I think they do tear down nests. They hide thier tracks? Why not shelters? I think that's why we don't find more nests.

We'd need to be 100% certain BF builds dens to answer this definitively, no? I'd speculate that if BF exists and if they build dens and if they're as smart as I suspect, then yes, they might.

What led you to believe this structure was a BF den?

Edited by Bonehead74

BFF Patron

I think they usually hide thier shelter so well they can't be found in the first place, unless it's by people who forget to bring cameras, then .....

I like the idea of a stonemason Sasquatch though, could put him to work for sure! :lol:

Guest TooRisky

I am not to certain about this nest building but open to the idea... The destructing of the nest may just be the species sitting up and the structure is disasembled... To go to the extent of erasing to the very dirt their presence, is a problem for me... Like I said I am open to debate this, but the subject comes very close to paranioia which comes full circle to why build it in the first place...???

Guest bfsearcher

We'd need to be 100% certain BF builds dens to answer this definitively, no? I'd speculate that if BF exists and if they build dens and if they're as smart as I suspect, then yes, they might.

What led you to believe this structure was a BF den?

well the den looking thing sat right beside the creek with the opening facing the creek but at a slight angle,which the deer trail is right there also,so I would think that BF could hide in there at night and when a deer crossed the creek,it could be easily grabbed by the legs and this den was rather large.

Guest bfsearcher

Just so you are aware,My son and myself has seen this creature and it was approximately 200 yards from where the den was origially located.

Guest bfsearcher

I dont know,maybe when my cousin crawled inside of the den that BF saw him enter or maybe BF scented his prescence.I just know that I went back to take the pictures and it was all gone,nothing but dirt left,I have no answer.

Just so you are aware,My son and myself has seen this creature and it was approximately 200 yards from where the den was origially located.

Could you describe your sighting? Is it posted online anywhere? Did you file a report with anyone? I assume you saw a creature after discovering the suspected den? Details are paramount to determine if the two are possibly related.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest bfsearcher

My son and myself had walked through a tall grassy field toward the creek,while standing about 20ft from the creek I saw something move out of the corner of my left eye but couldnt tell what it was. We crossed the creek to check for prints and my son saw something odd just farther down the edge of the creek and he called it to my attention,it looked like something was squatted down beside a large tree by the creek.we gave it a few minutes and looked at the same spot again but it just didnt look the same,so it kinda spooked us so while walking back to where we had crossed,my son looked to his left but deeper into the woods and told me to look and it was like OMG! the large creature was standing about 200yds from us between to large trees moving side to side,so we got out of there,then the next time I went in the woods it was my cousin and myself which was about 1 week later (I will not go in the woods alone)thats when we noticed the den looking structure by the creek.

Guest bfsearcher

Could you describe your sighting? Is it posted online anywhere? Did you file a report with anyone? I assume you saw a creature after discovering the suspected den? Details are paramount to determine if the two are possibly related.

I put my sighting on this forum under general because someone asked me about it and I did report it to BFRO

Edited by bfsearcher

B) I gather that Sasquatch dens, blinds and shelters, if manually constructed, are not simply abandoned. They are disassembled completely and no surface evidence is left behind. The only exceptions I am aware of concern such things as the cavity left in the ground by large tree falls when the gigantic root ball is thrust up onto the surface; and naturally occurring shelters such as crevices and caves. If the structure continues to be used over the short term it is left intact.

Therefore, if a shelter or blind is found intact, I believe it is still in some degree of active use by Sasquatch. If Squatchy determines that his structure has been discovered by little pinky, he usually disassembles it.

- Dudlow

Guest bfsearcher

B) I gather that Sasquatch dens, blinds and shelters, if manually constructed, are not simply abandoned. They are disassembled completely and no surface evidence is left behind. The only exceptions I am aware of concern such things as the cavity left in the ground by large tree falls when the gigantic root ball is thrust up onto the surface; and naturally occurring shelters such as crevices and caves. If the structure continues to be used over the short term it is left intact.

Therefore, if a shelter or blind is found intact, I believe it is still in some degree of active use by Sasquatch. If Squatchy determines that his structure has been discovered by little pinky, he usually disassembles it.

- Dudlow

The only thing I know is,it WAS there because one of us was inside of it and now it's GONE,I thought I was in the wrong spot at first..lol,but it was right beside the deer trail where the deer cross the creek,it is heavely used trail.