Wondering If Bf Tears Down A Den

Guest bfsearcher

Guest Tsalagi

I think the whole shelter thing is going a little overboard. These are beings that are wild and are used to living in the wilderness and they are also covered in hair. People are approaching this from a human standpoint. Humans need shelter or would die during snows and rains and cold weather. Bigfoots like bears would be comfortable sleeping without shelter for most of the year. Assuming Bigfoots don't hibernate then they would only need shelter during extremely cold weather in which case they can probably find a rock shelter somewhere or maybe deserted building of some sort. I seriously doubt they build a shelter to stay a day or two, then disassemble it and carry to its next camping ground. Again these are hair covered wild beings not wimpy little humans. Rain probably doesn't phase them much unless there is large hailstones beating down. Sure, I have seen those weird woven stick round "nests" out in the woods that are said to be Bigfoot structures, but I don't know for sure that they are because I think I have also seen these as a project in scouting books. That said if it is BF is it really shelter or just the kids playing? If so maybe mom or dad comes knocks it down lest it draw attention. I don't think the nests are shelter if they are made by BF's as they really don't offer much protection from anything.

Guest RedRatSnake

I think the whole shelter thing is going a little overboard

I agree, building shelters would take this creature into the human range and out of Ape territory.

Tim :)

There is an interview at the bottom of the Home page with a Choctaw medicine woman who has had a lifetime of encounters starting at age 5. She explains some details of Ste'ye'mah (Bigfoot) that are interesting to say the least. Some border on the supernatural which I personally believe are physical characteristics that she can't explain. Some of the deatails she gives I have read in many Bigfoot encounters, especially the one about prints just coming to a stop as if the Bigfoot vaporized. In Robert Morgan's book, the field guide, he tells a story about a Squatch that seemed to do just that but after hours of investigating, he found out it backtracked and or leaped far away from it's last noticable track leading him away from the track line..Very smart!

Heres one found in September in a very remote foothills location in Alberta. Found by a hunter who posted it on a hunting forum and who wants nothing to do with Sasquatch researchers. We tried.

post-1151-016812600 1319462826_thumb.jpg

Other primates build nests, so I don't see why bigfoot wouldn't. I doubt they do it every time they enter an area. It would probably depend on the available natural shelter, the ambient weather and, to a lesser extent, the need for security.

I've run into a number of artificially constructed shelters over the years. My first assumption was that they were human-made. Some of them had clearly not been used in some time, so if they were bigfoot-made, then they don't always deconstruct them.

In each case, my reaction was that I didn't want to run into the person (of any species) that had constructed the shelter. If human, they obviously had some reason for primitive living and an encounter with them could be unpredictable.

BFF Patron

Quad. post RRS.....new forum record! :lol:

BFF Patron

Heres one found in September in a very remote foothills location in Alberta. Found by a hunter who posted it on a hunting forum and who wants nothing to do with Sasquatch researchers. We tried.

Was there a description of that arrangement on the other forum? I'm having a hard time of seeing how it's constructed?

Guest Tsalagi

In each case, my reaction was that I didn't want to run into the person (of any species) that had constructed the shelter. If human, they obviously had some reason for primitive living and an encounter with them could be unpredictable.

I take it you have never lived in rural or heavily wooded area? Its actually quite normal to have people living out in the woods in a primitive way. I've seen this is different states near long stretches of forest. A great many of the men are Vietnam veterans that just could not assimilate once they returned home. Many have mental problems, many don't have the ability to get a job...sometimes they just don't want to live like rest of humanity, other times they honestly have a learning disability or mental disorder which makes them unemployable and if family won't help take care of them or they have no family then the more resourceful will go live in the woods. I run into a number of men living in the woods in Arizona most were veterans or had schizophrenia, one guy lived in a tent and said he collected minerals and fossils for a living. I have two female acquaintances that have autism and live in the national forest, one lives in a shed and another lives in a RV she hides. I've been hiking many a time and come across little shacks way out in middle of nowhere and I have also come upon homeless men in wooden lean-to's. They aren't necessarily dangerous; they are just poor outcasts. I've also come across a group of young Navajo children who were making a stick shelter that I feel sure people on here would be adamant was a Bigfoot creation if they had come across it unwittingly. The kids were very skilled.

Guest krakatoa

I take it you have never lived in rural or heavily wooded area? Its actually quite normal to have people living out in the woods in a primitive way...

(great variety of examples excised for brevity)

Or, in the neck of the woods I grew up in, moonshiners & pot growers often had similar rough shelters.

You definitely tried to ease away quietly when you found those. To tie in with another thread, startling these kind of bipeds in the deep woods could get you "lost without an explanation".

Guest StankApe

There is an interview at the bottom of the Home page with a Choctaw medicine woman who has had a lifetime of encounters starting at age 5. She explains some details of Ste'ye'mah (Bigfoot) that are interesting to say the least. Some border on the supernatural which I personally believe are physical characteristics that she can't explain. Some of the deatails she gives I have read in many Bigfoot encounters, especially the one about prints just coming to a stop as if the Bigfoot vaporized. In Robert Morgan's book, the field guide, he tells a story about a Squatch that seemed to do just that but after hours of investigating, he found out it backtracked and or leaped far away from it's last noticable track leading him away from the track line..Very smart!

That's what she claims.... But then again, there are many indian legends that people have tried to use as a basis for facts. None of them, that I know of, have ever been proven. Just because someone is a Choctaw medicine woman doesn't mean they can't have a little fun at the expense of the white man!