Twitter And The Big Guy

BobbyO

SSR Team

It's amazing what you find on Twitter..

MattMoneymaker1 Matt Moneymaker

Our scout *** **** (WA-BFRO) hit a bigfoot last night (round 2AM) while driving near High Knob VA. Vehicle damaged but no blood, hair.

Edit : It's now 12:24 PM CST, this was posted 37 mins ago

Edited by BobbyO

Guest Thepattywagon

So the odds of anyone hitting a Sasquatch with their vehicle are slim enough. But what are the odds that one of MM's team members would collide with one?

And how could an impact that damaged the vehicle not have resulted in some evidence being left behind?

Guest krakatoa

So the odds of anyone hitting a Sasquatch with their vehicle are slim enough. But what are the odds that one of MM's team members would collide with one?

And how could an impact that damaged the vehicle not have resulted in some evidence being left behind?

Just what I was thinking.

The odds of all this happening?

Ludicrous.

What is missing in hair & blood seems to be more than made up with BS.

Be interesting to see what kind of damage they are claiming. In Virginia, I'm pretty sure you have to report to the police any accident resulting in over 1k damage.

All that said, I can not wait to see the "official" encounter story the BFRO comes out with.

Guest bfsearcher

Yes interesting,of the one person to hit a BF..hmmmmm...things that make you go Hmmmmmm..lol..I dont know if I believe it or not.Heck even when I hit that deer,I still had hair stuck between the grill and headlight.

Edited by bfsearcher

BFF Patron

Looks like alot of forest service roads in that area just south of Norton Virginia and north of Kingsport TN, not too far from the Kentucky line either.

Yeah last time I hit a deer I pulled hide and hair out from around the headlight/bumper assembly.

Wonder what the details on injury are? (besides a little PTSD, lol). Any EMT's out there ready for an expedition, lol.

http://g.co/maps/2n7yv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Knob

"On October 31, 2007, the High Knob Lookout Tower was destroyed by arson. The tower was set on fire in the early hours of Halloween morning. By the time the Jefferson Forest Service and local fire departments arrived on scene, the fire tower was fully engulfed in flames, and could not be saved. Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the rest of the Knob, which was suffering from drought conditions."

Guest bfsearcher

This was posted on BFRO after I commented,

Tyler called me last night right after it happened. I was asleep at the moment, and got in touch with him first thing this morning. We talked for a long time about the event.

There is much more to the story than what MM tweeted, obviously. It's not my place to speak for Tyler, but I will say that he was very shaken by what happened, and no one knows exactly what he struck on the road.

Whatever the case, needless speculation will lead you nowhere. And to "bfsearcher"...

The majority of sightings come from motorists, and there are many stories of people hitting them with their vehicles. If you're driving around well after midnight in an area that has yielded multiple sightings and encounters, then statistically you'd be in the best position to see/encounter one.

Again: No one knows what was struck by the vehicle. Tyler was very shaken by the incident. Tyler is the only one who can describe the event, so please refrain from speculating with such little data until he decides to discuss it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GA/OK BFRO Investigator - GA Expedition Organizer ('08,'09,'10,'11), OR Expedition Organizer (2010), OK Expedition Organizer (2011) - http://mattpruittonline.blogspot.com

So then I asked: So Matt tweeted something to let people think Tyler hit a possable BF?

Guest bfsearcher

If you're going to cut and paste my responses from the BFRO forum, you might as well credit me, too.

Sorry Matt,I pasted your blog page ect...

Guest bfsearcher

Wow i see you guys are BFRO haters,cant you wait and see what happens.

I'm not a BFRO hater,how in the H*** did you come up with that??

Guest Thepattywagon

Wow i see you guys are BFRO haters,cant you wait and see what happens.

Posting questions or observations based on the information we've been given doesn't qualify one as a 'hater'.

Frankly, I hope it was another more common animal the driver hit, and not a Sasquatch.

BFF Patron

So Matt is there anything you can share re: injuries to driver or animal hit? Will there be any further word on the incident by the driver?

Any witnesses?

Clearly the tweet was intended to be private and not for the public consumption. It's not like Twitter is social media.