Twitter And The Big Guy

BobbyO

Guest bfsearcher

BFRO guys:

Did the driver report this to the police?

What ya gonna do,tell the police ya think ya hit a squatch? they will just say NO it was probably a bear.

Guest krakatoa

What ya gonna do,tell the police ya think ya hit a squatch? they will just say NO it was probably a bear.

You hit a bipedal "something" in the road on a dark night, perform your own search for a body and find nothing indicating whether or not it was a person, and then report it all online w/out reporting to the police?

You could be in for a world of hard questions, and you better pray it was a glancing hit on something other than a human.

No hair or blood? A good answer for that is he hit something relatively hairless and wearing clothes.

I'm assuming hitting someone dashing out in front of a vehicle on a foggy mountain road in a state park at 2AM would probably just be considered an accident unless he was recklessly driving, or some other factor was present that would bring into question his ability to operate a vehicle. However, based on what people are saying here in the thread, I don't think any DNA evidence was left on the car to have tested.

Guest TooRisky

Calling bull puckey... The one and only response is to contact the police and report this... The driver admittedly says it was standing and dark colored... What could that have been besides a BF but a human... This story is unraveling like a fishing real with a Marlin on it... no hair, no blood, no body, says heavy fog yet sets his speed at 55mph, dont call the police, does call MM and a damaged rental... best guess is he ran off the trail and damaged the rental and is making excuses... way to many loop holes

Or....He clipped a Squatch. What are you gonna do? Go traipsing through the woods in the middle of the night, alone, with a possible wounded animal nearby? I'll pass. If it was a person, he would've seen him/her. Relax!

Guest bfsearcher

I would think that if it was a human that the human wouldnt of ran off,the human would of still been laying on the road or next too it and he would of picked it up with the flir.

Guest Cervelo

Humans hit at 55mph glancing blow tend to go a liitle ways at least that's been my experience while out committing potential hit and run felonies, unless of course you hit them dead on then there's no doubt about it, you'll get that on thermal for sure! But whatever just as long as it wasn't another biggie biting the dust thats all that really counts....Com, on Man!!!

Edited by Cervelo

I'd pay to see a human shoot 20 feet in the air from a side mirror! C'mon y'all...A person standing in the road at 2am in the middle of a desolate wilderness area? And hardly a felony if it was a person. Zero intent, and assuming it was an animal, and didn't appear to be mortally wounded, why would he report it?

And btw...I'm not saying it was a BF, but it seems that everyone loses their minds every single time a BF is purportedly shot, or injured, and tries to play Jr.Detective, and levies all these preposterous 'charges' against them. Have any of you actually seen one before who are saying that he is lying, or did the wrong thing? It's a pretty traumatic experience, and armchair logic is convenient on a MB, but in real life it's a bit different.

Guest Cervelo

I'd pay to see a human shoot 20 feet in the air from a side mirror! C'mon y'all...A person standing in the road at 2am in the middle of a desolate wilderness area? And hardly a felony if it was a person. Zero intent, and assuming it was an animal, and didn't appear to be mortally wounded, why would he report it?

Maybe not in your part of the world but in Va. leaving the scene of an accident much less if you hit a person will definitely catch you a felony charge. Gee i dont know maybe because there could be someones grandma with dementia laying in a ditch right now? But enough about the law your right it was most likley an animal, but really if you think about it had to be a human... It didn't have it's hands up!

Guest krakatoa

(emphasis mine)

The description in his own words:

"The van shuddered, the drivers' side mirror was forcefully folded into the vehicle, and I felt and heard the object hit the side of the van behind me, like a slapping sound."

Do you have any concept of the forces involved here? Look up some video on youtube for a primer on how far a couple-hundred pound human can be hurled by a couple-thousand pound vehicle moving at 55 mph.

And what follows just boggles my mind. You are saying it's ok to hit a bipedal something with your car and not report it under the following circumstances:

• You didn't kill the thing.
  • You didn't intend to hit the thing.
  • On not finding the thing hit on a dark and foggy night, you deduce they aren't "mortally wounded".
  • You've made an assumption that it was an animal. (The assumption made by the driver in most every hit-and-run report ever filed.)

It was dark and foggy, and you only saw this thing for an instant before impact. What if you are wrong about any or all of your assumptions?

I ask again: Did Tyler Bounds notify the police?

You know what? Forget it. I just reported it myself. This occurred less than 24 hours ago. It's probably nothing. Probably he hit a bear. But if not, someone may be wounded, or worse, someone's corpse may need to be recovered.

I can't stand by and hope for the best in this case.