Scariest Sasquatch Encounters You've Read/heard

Scarecrow

This is not in report form but I remember Timberghost repeating this in chat or a forum, not sure which one. Well, it seems that Timber and his brother were in a tree stand down south somewhere for the purpose of hunting. This particular stand had a trap door on the bottom. I wish I could remember the details but I believe a hairy guy had discovered them and decided to investigate. The hairy guy started pushing on the trap door and Timber and his brother were doing all they could to deter the hairy guy from busting through it.

According to Timber it was a most memorable nite. I wish he would come here and tell us this incident. I don't think I'm doing it any justice.

To me I thought that was a terrifying incident. I would have lost it....

WOULD FIRING A WEAPON INTO THE AIR, OR INTO( or towards) THE BF BE A GOOD IDEA?

Sorry about all the caps, but I'm scared spit-less, and the Caps were accidentally on so I just corrected the first letters, but I was scared from reading this topic, plus running in and out working on where to put the firewood which was being delivered... :unsure::blush:

Ya and with the Large Majority of Bigfoot shows could it be they are trying to "cushion" a certain set of results coming out? True it is Close to Haloween and they might just have a Bigfoot theme going but....

The boldness of this one scares me to think about even though it did no harm. Four Marines together with M-16's yet a bf walks by them 6ft away. Brazen!

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=2907

Considering they where armed with M16A1's with blanks I would have been scared to, even with live rounds in that weapon. In 68, gimme the M14 any day. Personally I believe there is a bit of desensitization that takes place with BF that choose to haunt military training areas. My own sighting took place during such an exercise and the Sasquatch did not seemed overly concerned when the artillery began firing several miles away.

I remember reading an account of an encounter where a BF chased after a man's teenage son while he watched. It seems it was on their property and the kid barely made it back to the house. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

I remember reading an account of an encounter where a BF chased after a man's teenage son while he watched. It seems it was on their property and the kid barely made it back to the house. Does that ring a bell with anyone?

The Cowman of Copalis beach

Guest NJSquatcher

To me, the scariest stories are those of solo encounters in remote areas at night. I love the outdoors and spend a whole lot of time in it, but you won't catch me doing the solo high country backpacking thing in bipedal territory. Much respect goes out to those people. On a tip of finding big brown trout, I once I hiked alone down to the base of a waterfall at night to fly fish by the light of a full moon. The area has a history of several BF sightings, multiple deaths from mishaps at the falls, a massacre of trapped Continential soldiers from the Revolution (and some say ghostly screams today), and tons of black bears. All of these things come to mind when you're alone and waiting for the moon to rise. Another time, I went there at night with my brother and it wasn't even like I was at the same place. Being alone makes a difference.

Also, any stories that involve BF and animals seem to be scarier. BF lifting a 400 lb. hog from a pen, BF chasing a deer, killing a dog, etc.

Here are some scary BF stories:

Lady wakes in her car on a remote Michigan road to find BF staring at her baby through the windshield.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2554

Bowhunter in a treestand looks down at BF family pass beneath him.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3542

Not really solo, but eerie. Man walks around toward the back of his truck and straight into BF.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=546

There is another story about a man who was hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and got lost. He's wandering around the woods (now it's dark) and gets thirsty and decides to get a drink from a stream. He gets his drink and looks up to see the big guy across the stream. Anyone know the source or link?

Here is an unusual tale in the form of a song about a man who was kidnapped and kept for 6 long days. This is not the Ostermans story but another mountain man song.

BFF Patron

"At first I thought it was a goat or something, so I took my glove off and I touched it again."

Yikes!

FGS, Exactly how high are her goats? Goats as high as a light switch?

I'd guess her mind was trying to rationalize what she was feeling, not that she owned giant goats. :D

Edited by Bonehead74

Well maybe the gun shot scared it from coming back but her camera must have done that for certain since we haven't seen a picture from her ever since her '81 report.

FGS, Exactly how high are her goats? Goats as high as a light switch?

A big Spanish goat can be 3 feet high at the withers

Edited by Tautriadelta

• masterbarber locked this topic