Finding Bigfoot Season 2

Guest Forbig

Guest wudewasa

I'm no MM fan, but what's with all the comments about him "huffing and puffing" while Bigfooting. I keep hearing that--what, can't overweight people go into the woods?

No quarrel with overweight people here, just observing MM's behavior. Another positive, no more talk of blacks noses so far this season. I can appreciate his enthusiasm, but when he overrides the rest of the team's brilliance, he needs to be put in check.

Guest Dr. Boogie

I hope that whoever posted the original series on YouTube can do it again for this one. As far as I know it was never shown in the UK. If someone knows better and caught it on some obscure satellite channel please let me know, as I have most of the obscure channels now.

Was the opener any good?

For yourself and any other people who would like to see this show. The first series was uploaded onto Usenet (Newsgroups) a day or two after each episode was broadcast, try Binsearch.net to find them. I'm pretty confident that the second series will also be posted for download in Divx(avi) format as well with a comparable lag from the broadcast dates.

I really enjoyed gaining a new perspective of the actual size of the creek site compared to how it looked in the original footage. I wish they would have shown a better close up of the thermal footage showing whatever that was walking on the road. I couldn't tell if it was bipedal, a deer, or what. I was disappointed that they thought the ridge walker in that video was a bf. That looked like a hiker with a backpack to me. Overall though I enjoyed the show and the reports. I think most of my nitpickings are with the production company, such as leaving out footage, using dopey animations, playing music and sound effects when you want to hear calls ect.

For yourself and any other people who would like to see this show. The first series was uploaded onto Usenet (Newsgroups) a day or two after each episode was broadcast, try Binsearch.net to find them. I'm pretty confident that the second series will also be posted for download in Divx(avi) format as well with a comparable lag from the broadcast dates.

Thanks Dr Boogie!

I was lucky to have caught the original series on YouTube as most seem to have disappeared now.

I will check out the links. I find I can always catch these things if I put in the legwork. I'm currently trying to track down the Yowie episode of Destination Truth. I know we get it on Syfy, but I must have missed that one.

Strick

Guest Dr. Boogie

Thanks Dr Boogie!

I was lucky to have caught the original series on YouTube as most seem to have disappeared now.

I will check out the links. I find I can always catch these things if I put in the legwork. I'm currently trying to track down the Yowie episode of Destination Truth. I know we get it on Syfy, but I must have missed that one.

Strick

You have a series and episode number for that show? Sometimes they're posted with just this information as opposed to the episodes subject matter.

Guest runswithwinchester

I'm no MM fan, but what's with all the comments about him "huffing and puffing" while Bigfooting. I keep hearing that--what, can't overweight people go into the woods?

Only watched the first few segments, but I thought it was well done.

I'm with you on MM, I'm not a fan MM. Wally hersom must pay MM very well to be the front man and founder of BFRO. My believe of the BFRO is Wally hersom saw a investment opportunity in financially backing the BFRO on research, expeditions and equipment. He's a smart investor, he also financially backs another bigfoot organization. I believe bobo should take MM place and become BFRO'S front man. Bobo seems he has reservations how the BFRO should be ran, and how the expeditions and research should be organized and played out.

Thanks Dr Boogie!

Strick

Destination Truth S02E07 - Yowie & Haunted Mosque

I have all the Eps LOL

Edited by Krisop

Guest KentuckyApeman

I see the Animal Planet BFRO as a big plus for future generations. This is their Boggy Creek/PGF indroduction. Maybe a few will scour the past and look forward on their own.

BFF Patron

I really enjoyed gaining a new perspective of the actual size of the creek site compared to how it looked in the original footage. I wish they would have shown a better close up of the thermal footage showing whatever that was walking on the road. I couldn't tell if it was bipedal, a deer, or what. I was disappointed that they thought the ridge walker in that video was a bf. That looked like a hiker with a backpack to me. Overall though I enjoyed the show and the reports. I think most of my nitpickings are with the production company, such as leaving out footage, using dopey animations, playing music and sound effects when you want to hear calls ect.

Yes, the camera lens apparently gives the perspective of being farther away than the actual human eyes of Gimlin/Patterson's perspective for sure.....they seemed to be scary close according to the FB scenario and recreation. I never got the impression of scary close in the PGF however.

I too was disappointed in the helicopter segment and following the heat.....seemed to be hype and drama but the pincer movement is not a bad idea if you are prepared to be flattened. The rock throwing incident seemed to be good.....wonder if that sound in the episode was tweaked, enhanced or amplified any however.

I still get bored by the recapits after the drama.....causes one to want to sort of go to sleep or channel surf.

Liked the game cam placement by Cliff down low BTW. Digging through petrified bear poop not so much, lol.

As for the Thermal images from the helicopter. It is my guess the camera didn't have much zoom capabilities and it was not a cooled unit. I think people are used to seeing images from a $300K + FLIR systems used on Police and military helicopters. Having played with the high end cameras on several occasions, they are not your run of the mill thermals. The high end cameras are cooled, stabilized and have fantastic optics. Actually it is pretty impressive what you can see and from how far, both with the color camera and the thermal. So I will give them props for trying the idea and using the equipment they had available at the time. If they had dropped lower to get a better image the sound would probably have driven off what ever it was. It would guess they did in fact drop lower to get a better image and the creature did seek cover. When you hear them say they lost contact because it moved off in to the trees, they probably cut the part about them coming lower in altitude.

BFF Patron

Forgot to add, I also liked the mouths hanging open of the cast members at the community meeting when the son of Jerry Crew brought in the framed cast of the first BF road tracks. Also, Gimlin seemed relaxed, honest, accurate and convinced of that the morphology of the biped was inconsistent with anything he had ever seen and wouldn't have pulled the trigger unless violently attacked.