Fall 2011 Baby Bigfoot I-Phone Pics Mabrc

I see it! Agree completely with Forestguy. Why would anyone want to share anything on here by the way some act, wow!! Thanks for sharing Gearman.

I see something.

It is interesting.

I too wish a better camera had been in hand.

Missed opportunities.

But I agree with others, nice job sharing!

Why would anyone want to share anything on here by the way some act, wow!! Thanks for sharing Gearman.

Here's why...

"Criticism is necessary and useful; it is often indispensable; but it can never take the place of action, or be even a poor substitute for it. The function of the mere critic is of very subordinate usefulness. It is the doer of deeds who actually counts in the battle for life, and not the man who looks on and says how the fight ought to be fought, without himself sharing the stress and the danger."

Teddy Roosevelt (1894)

It makes people better.....

In other words, maybe "criticism" will result in a better camera next time.

• Upvote 1

I see what I'm meant to see with the outlines, but I can't personally offer any definitive answer as, obviously, I wasn't the one who took the photo.

From the perspective of someone sitting behind a keyboard with no first hand knowledge of the event, I can only judge it on what I see, and that's nothing conclusive. Equally well, there will be people who disagree with me. Regardless, the quality of the camera clearly doesn't help the situation.

Thanks for taking the time to post them though. It's easy for people to criticise pictures/film etc that aren't their own, and equally it's easy for people who have taken the pictures/film to come to a different conclusion to the people only viewing online since they were there and can contextualise it somewhat, which is something that can be very difficult online alone. Personally, I'd much rather people posted pictures/film without fear of ridicule or whatever, I'd rather peruse a piece of media myself than hear someone else's description of it. Thanks again. 

Guest Suesquach

Thanks for sharing Gearman and thanks to TP who really sharpened this image. I can see it now. Awesome job!

To answer about DW carrying a better camera, all he carries these days is a thermal now that does video on the night outings (which most outings are and therefore difficult to take regular phots. The day of the these daytime pics was a scouting side trip during the day and none of this was expected of course!  Thanks for the work you did TP !

Edited by GEARMAN

Thanks for sharing the pic Gearman.

It jumped out at me instantly.  Though there are shortcomings with the photo, I certainly don't want you to be discouraged from sharing in the future.

Oh, and thanks TP for the add'l gif.  Pretty cool.

"To answer about DW carrying a better camera, all he carries these days is a thermal"

Well there's your problem.

I don't know why any field research would be done without at least some sort of decent camera. You don't have to invest thousands to get something pretty good these days. If a good digital is too much then there IS still film. There is a multitude of what just a few years ago were top of the line 35mm film cameras, with telephoto lenses to boot, available on places like Ebay and they are very, very cheap. Just something to consider.

And Gearman, just because you've taken some heat for the photo doesn't mean at least some of us don't appreciate you sharing it.

I am glad many enjoy the photo for what it is. I wont speak for DW but myself, I would like to have a nice camera with a big telephoto lens but one of the drawbacks to me is just carrying it around all the time is a pain if I am bushwaking thru green briars or whatever. I bought a high megapixel little pocket camera and its is pretty well useless unless  something is real close but it fits in my pocke t nice. I use it for taking pics of  potential tracks or tree manipulations, etc.  As I got a better phone camera it now takes place of my pocket camera but still the problem of misted opportunity. Lately my shift has been to maybe get a nice pair of binoculars that can record HD digital video of what I am seeing plus audio would be nice.

Gearman, thanks for all the support here.  I will say this about the photos.  I do carry a high quality camera, along with a camcorder, but this day I did not have time to jump in the back and get them out, I shot the pics with my iphone since it was in my shirt pocket.  There were two large figures spotted on either side of the trail, by 4 researchers, and the small figure was seen afterwards when the photos were examined, it had skittered across while we were looking at the larger two.  Subsequent photos shot by another researcher with his camera shows the small figure is gone in those pics.  

Everyone will see what they want to see in the pics.  The small figure resembles a juvenile gorilla on all fours going across, giving the impression that is was going from the large figure to the left and further back, to the large figure on the right and that was closer to us.  

Take it for what you want, say what you want.  I'm heading back out with the thermal to research.  Later.

^^ this line>>>  "Subsequent photos shot by another researcher with his camera shows the small figure is gone in those pics. " 

just wondering , if the subsequent camera shots mentioned are available..... if so & the quality is there, perhaps the critics would take pause, if not be quickly silenced .

seems like a decent way to settle the issue.

Guest zenmonkey

We can all rip gearman and the pic apart. The importan thing is to do it in a scientific fashion and don't be a jerk about it. I'm glad you shared it and I'd hope all of you would do the same. Doesn't mean we aren't gonna give you crap for it thought. Lol

Edited by zenmonkey