Is Sasquatch A Secret?

hiflier

@Delta Zu, you are correct. Our ancestors knew, or were aware of, more than we typically are today and it is due to a cover-up effort. Much the same as the Smithsonian cover up of giant skeletons, and for the same agenda--which is to keep history written as the status quo has it; all other evidence is discarded.  I bought a copy of this book, it is fascinating!  http://books.simonandschuster.com/Ancient-Giants-Who-Ruled-America/Richard-J-Dewhurst/9781591431718

Delta Zu, I think you're right but it goes all the way back to Europe prior to the middle ages.  As one cultural perspective spread through Europe, supplanting and absorbing the Celtic culture, which was more tied to nature (like that of Native Americans), the view of hairy hominids as near humans who shared the land, shifted to the perception of them as evil and supernatural.  As the new, universal, culture became a daily aspect of European lives, it became risky to report seeing, to report being beset, or to report having a group living nearby (consorting).  So they became invisible, illusory, and unmentionable for one's own good.

As Europeans migrated into America, they brought this cultural perspective with them.  In a new land, "wildmen" were seen, but for the most part this was by small peripheral farming (land focused) communities.  The same people that occasionally got raided and scalped.  As local communities reached a critical mass, the increasingly insular town-based attitudes reinforced the old culture - such things simply could not exist, people certainly did not see such things stepping out of their townhouses.

Today, as science has increasingly dominated our culture and supplanted old cultural perspectives, the attitude toward hairy hominids remains one unshakeable holdover from the superstitious attitudes of the past.  This is highlighted by the persistent, aggressive, and unreasoning intolerance toward evidence of bigfoot in the scientific community. 

Oddly, and in a very real sense, the most subjective and outspoken skeptics are the spiritual descendants of the suppressive superstitious attitudes predating the middle ages.

Are there undisclosed projects or papers on Bigfoot? Possibly, but without any evidence to support the existence for them it's nothing more than pointless speculation.

I hate to tell you this, but...

Edited by Bonehead74

Hello Leftfoot,

But there IS evidence supporting them. I agree that the thread is speculatory in that it assumes existence but with the evidence we have I hardly find it "pointless". Give me a couple of weeks to do some "official" follow up in the way of contacting some agencies and I may have no choice but to change either my approach or my conclusions. :)

Edited by hiflier

Our ancestors knew, or were aware of, more than we typically are today and it is due to a cover-up effort.

I'm surprised the thread has been up as long as it has before someone made the quoted claim, although to be fair it's usually from people promoting magic or the divine or alchemy or something else equally silly. Not something made of flesh and blood life form that might possibly exist.

Don't get me wrong, the ancient humans were really brilliant (which make ancient alien theories especially galling). They were able to build such enormous wonders with nothing more than string and the sweet of their backs, they were able to accurately calculate the circumference of the globe centuries before Christopher Columbus was even a glimmer in his father's eye, they were able to discover planets and accurately plot their orbits long before man first set foot on the moon... But there wasn't anything special about their knowledge.

Hello All,

Anyone familiar with this? It was back when Melba Ketchum was first announcing the DNA stuff and before her apparent discreditation. Until then many believed she was in possession of a blockbusting discovery including this Dr. Johnson. I haven't done any follow up on him so don't know if he's distanced himself from the Ketchum thing or not. Anyone know?:

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/08/dr-matthew-johnson-does-our-government.html

"Dr. Matthew A. Johnson is one of the most credible person in the Bigfoot world. 11 years ago, Dr. Johnson had a "Class A" Bigfoot encounter with his family while hiking at the Oregon Caves. After that event, he went to the public and described one of the most intense encounters ever. In the following post, Dr. Johnson wrote about the possible government cover-up of Bigfoot evidence shortly after his encounter at the Oregon Caves:

Matthew A. Johnson

DOES OUR GOVERNMENT KNOW ABOUT BIGFOOT/SASQUATCH/THE FOREST PEOPLE???

Two days after my family's encounter with Sasquatch at the Oregon Caves (July 1, 2000), Park Ranger, John Roth, had us take him to show him the area where it happened. Park Ranger John Roth specializes in tracking. He spent about 45 minutes going over the area with a fine tooth comb. He said, something very large has gone through here in the past 48 hours. He then showed us a very large track on an animal trail that he found. He said, "This is not a bear track. This is a Sasquatch track." Then he immediately stated, "You need to know that the park administration has a policy that we will not take a public position with the media regarding the finding of Sasquatch tracks within our park boundaries." HOW WOULD THEY HAVE DEVELOPED A POLICY WITHOUT HAVING PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS THAT COMPELLED THEM TO DEVELOP SUCH A POLICY???!!! Within 30 days of my family's encounter at the Oregon Caves, I received approximately 30 phone calls at my private practice office from individuals who had worked at the Oregon Caves or camped, hiked, or mined near there spanning the previous 25 years. They all told me about their encounters with Bigfoot too.

Approximately ten or so years ago (2001 or 2002), I was updating my Rotary Club with our most recent research information in the Siskiyous Mountains. There were about 150+ people in attendance, including Oregon US Senator, Ron Wyden. I ended my talk with, "When the Sasquatch species is officially discovered, I doubt the United States Congress will be fully prepared to deal with the ramifications." Oregon US Senator, Ron Wyden, took the podium and addressed all of us for 20 minutes while we were eating our lunch. He shared about all the things that he was doing in Congress for the State of Oregon. When he finished speaking, he turned and looked at me across the room and said the following in front of everyone, "Dr Johnson, when the Sasquatch species is officially discovered, I can assure all of you that the United States Congress will be more than fully prepared to deal with the ramifications." All 150+ people in the room dropped their jaws in shock and disbelief. I heard a few different people whisper, "Senator Wyden just admitted that our government knows that Bigfoot exists!"

Shortly thereafter, I informed the Oregon Caves National Monument Park Rangers about what we were gleaning from our research about a Sasquatch family just south of the park boundaries on Mt Elijah and the Bigelow Lakes area. Within two weeks, our access logging road was completely dug up by heavy equipment and made inaccessible. We hiked in anyway and found that they set up video cameras and placed a rabbit in a tall cage with the top open so only something very tall would have to reach down to grab it......so I did and let it go. Needless to say, I was a tad bit angry about how they underhandedly usurped our research area.

In 2010, two Squatches were shot and killed in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California by a hunter who was scared to death and didn't know any better. The DNA analysis has been completed and submitted to a scientific peer reviewed journal. The results will be revealed to the world in the next 6 to 12 months.

Our government most definitely knows that Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Forest People exists. Are you willing to accept their existence yet? Are you fully prepared to deal with the ramifications when the DNA results are released?"

Hello

In light of that last question from Dr. Matthew A. Johnson I'll ask one more and then this thread can disappear down the page with the rest:

Does anyone think that the NSA, CIA, FBI, FEMA, Homeland Security, Army, National Guard, Border Patrol, National Fire Center in Boise, Idaho, State Police, County Sheriffs, Local Police, Security Guards, Game Wardens, and Park Rangers, either collectively or separately, KNOW that there is a Sasquatch in our woods? If not then:

What about all the biologists, wildlife managers, hunters, hikers, campers, climbers, loggers, oil exploration personnel, surveyers, geologists, university environmental programs, and all the rest of the general folks that frequent the woods? If not still, do the many reports across the decades to include the PGF, footprints, pics and vids and many people in an official capacity like Law Enforcement and the Forestry Service/Fish and Game say otherwise?

I've presented an argument FOR Sasquatch being known because of the level and thoroughness of our intel capabilities. And also the level of securing any wildlife specimen for study and field observation. So, on the assumption that Sasquatch is a real creature? The reasonable logical conclusion is that there is absolutely a type specimen already in our possession and has been in our possession for a long, long time. I've also laid out reasons for why there is "no interest" in the subject. In my way of thinking "no interest" is NOT a "they don't exist" statement. It is a "we don't want to stop what we're doing" economic policy statement.

With that I will let the topic go since, until I somehow get the official policy on record, there is not much else to show this "court" except the circumstantial evidence I've already presented. Therefore "Your Honor" the Prosecution now rests it's case.

Edited by hiflier

Well:

First of all, Wyden wasn't "admitting" anything.  He was just saying, we're big boys and girls and won't respond like a pack of kindergarteners.  Relax.  What was he going to say?  We're unprepared; I'm peeing pants just standing here; and the National Guard will quarter in your kitchen when this comes out?

Second of all, the ranger was saying, look, do we look staffed to become Bigfoot Global 24/7?  I don't call the President on the phone weekly to talk about this, in fact that is just what I don't want to do.  We are protecting a resource here and this being is only part of it.  We're just trying to do our jobs.

It would actually surprise me if there was no information on file for need-to-know for people in the field.  I simply believe that government is just like Charlie the paper boy who saw one as he rode his route one morning.  Other than his report - if he even filed one - he's not going to take over responsibility for engendering and then dealing with Mass Bigfoot Uproar.  He has a life to lead.

I just think government has more than enough going on - and a low enough although totally undeserved approval rating - without becoming Everybody's Bigfoot Eyes and Ears.  It just makes sense - to me and to them - to not come out taking a public position on something like this.  I mean, the government doesn't announce most species confirmations, does it?

[no that spacing is BFF software, not any special intent]

Edited by DWA

Yes, I believe that each of those agencies has had run-ins with bigfoot sufficient to remove any doubt within the agencies that they exist.  I do not believe that there are any "official" policies, but there appears to be an unofficial policy that the disclosure of bigfoot will cause more trouble than the agency is prepared to handle with available resources, that the public is doing just fine believing as it does, and that there is no upside in the big reveal.  I don't think that everyone in each of the agencies is read in on things, but that there are trusted career employees who implement unofficial courses of action as necessary.

So far as interagency communication goes, I believe it to be narrowly channeled, with specific points of contact as needed to support "hand-offs" when cooperation is required.  With regard to vertical communication up the chain-of-concern, this also must be siloed on a "need to be prepared" basis.

So I do not find it surprising in the least that Congress may have a plan, just that a member of Congress would speak to it.  We need to keep in mind that such a plan will be geared primarily toward handling the "real" problem when bigfoot becomes public - managing us, not them.

It also remains to be seen whether or not any such plans are able to survive first contact when implemented.

^^^That, the "managing us, not them" part.  That.

If they know...that is what they are doing.  Managing us, and our well-known capacity for dealing improperly with a little bit of knowledge (regarded as "dangerous" for a reason).

Yes, but the primary intent of managing us will not be for the benefit of the squatch, it will be for the benefit of minimizing disruption to the status quo, particularly in regard to, and self-serving with respect to, the function of government.

Hiflier- do as I did. Wht don't you call the USF&W Service and when the receptionist answers the phone ask for the field biology dept. without 

explaining to her what phone call is about. They were ploite to the point and seemed as if they had no judgement call on Bf planned ahead. While you are there ask the field biologist the protocal for taking evidence for extant creatures like BF; you may be suprised.

Yes, but the primary intent of managing us will not be for the benefit of the squatch, it will be for the benefit of minimizing disruption to the status quo, particularly in regard to, and self-serving with respect to, the function of government.

Couldn't agree more, which is, to me, the point.

The government might not want everyone to know at once.

The flat gobsmacking amazing, totally normal when one thinks about it thing about this field is how people take off willynilly inventing stuff when there is no evidence to guide them.  We try to close loopholes in our perception of reality; we can't help it.  The government knows it's got too much going on without trying to anticipate what all those loopholes are and how to deal with them.  I believe that "government's" knowledge is not; it is individuals' knowledge, shared strictly on the need to know.  There's good reason for that.

Oregon Caves responds in one way.  Numerous other offices laugh and hang up...and somebody in one of them calls back, whispering:  could you give me the details?  Some of us are keeping a database.  Obviously that database isn't official.  Everglades National Park says, yep, we call 'em skunk apes, and we get hundreds of reports.  There is a reason responses vary and it is:

People, managing people.  Different strokes to that.

So no, I don't think there is a Monumental Black Box thing, going on here.  It's people, dealing the best they can.  If it's more, I'm content to wait to find that out.

Edited by DWA
removed political discussion