Maps: Correlation Between Missing Persons & Sasquatch

Guest MrMudder

I tried to search for a plot map of missing persons locations of North America and United States but couldn't find one with an overview. Can anybody find one? -- Specifically children and juveniles and the locations of their last seen whereabouts.

We could then compare it to a BF reports map, and see how close the missing persons compare to the dense wooded areas of bigfoot reports.

I realize that there's thousands of missing persons, and bigfoot reports, but I'd still like to see the comparison even if it doesn't prove anything.

I'd like it narrowed down to children and juveniles for the fact that it'd take a lot of the adult map plots out of the map, but a map showing both children and adults also would work.

Since people go missing all over the place (both urban and wooded), maybe this isn't the best idea, but if a lot of the missing persons' last known whereabouts are very near the bigfoot reports, we may be onto something?

P.S. If this has been discussed before on the BFF or anywhere on the web, can you link the page here, or merge the threads.

I do know that David Pualides (spell?) book Missing 411 lists missing persons in National Parks, where their are also Bigfoot activity. I am having a heck of a time finding this book. Cant get it at Barnes & Noble, and on Amazon its going for $40-50. Whoa!

I listened to the author of Missing 411 on Coast to Coast and when he was telling the story of the book and some of the stranger cases, I got the willies.

There is a thread here somewhere discussing the Dennis Martin case. If the story of the Key family testimony in that case is factual, that would be absolutely horrifying. Those books sound interesting, and I enjoyed listening to both Coast to Coast programs featuring the author, but his website makes me wonder if he isn't "a few rounds short of a full clip."

Guest OntarioSquatch

It'd be cool if someone could make a map that shows correlations with Bigfoot sightings :)

Edited by OntarioSquatch

I'd be really interested in knowing how many people have gone missing or were found dead just in the LBL. I grew up with a guy from 4th through 10th grade, that graduated a couple years ahead of me, and we remained friends, that ended up being a Ranger first at one National Recreation Area in the southeast US and then in the LBL. I got up with him again as an adult when I was serving as an Assistant Scout Master with the Boy Scouts. We met up at the LBL when our troop was going camping up there. In private, he told me a couple of hair-raising tales of some things that had happened and even took me to one locale. He strongly recommended that we not camp in that particular area.

If you've read or heard the "Beast of LBL" stories, you've heard some of what he told me. He wasn't personally involved in that incident, but had heard a lot about it. He WAS involved in another incident where they searched for and eventually found the body of a missing guy who was camping by himself in one of the primitive, undeveloped areas. He wouldn't talk about BF, but did acknowledge that there were very belligerent werewolf-like beasts in certain parts of the LBL, and that an effort had been made to eradicate them. I tried to get additional and more specific info from him but he said he could lose his job just for telling me what he had already told me.

I've been to Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Arkansas and seen where a lady disappeared without a trace while walking down a heavily used trail on her way to her car. She was less that 200 yards from the parking lot and disappeared. This is in west Arkansas, in the Ouachita Mtns, not far as the crow flies from the Kiamichi Mtns, in OK, also not far from Honobia, OK.

I've also talked face-to-face with a Mississippi state investigator who was working with agents from the Alabama Bureau of Investigation on some missing persons cases that believed that BF were involved in some in a certain area of west Alabama.

I believe that if we were able to correlate those missing persons and BF sightings databases, as you've suggested Mudder, we would find some VERY interesting relationships.

Edited by Coonbo

SSR Team

I do know that David Pualides (spell?) book Missing 411 lists missing persons in National Parks, where their are also Bigfoot activity. I am having a heck of a time finding this book. Cant get it at Barnes & Noble, and on Amazon its going for $40-50. Whoa!

I got it last week for 13.99 GBP.

Guest SquatchinNY

People being killed by BF is nearly definite. Every large predator has reportedly killed humans, and BF is the same. BUT, it is most likely a rare occurrence. Some 'stories' may merely be campfire tales. BUT, it does happen, IMO.

SSR Team

I think i'm gonna do some Squatchometrics stuff on the book to be honest, to see if i can match up any locations etc and will start with WA.

I've read both volumes of Paulides' Missing 411, so I can tell you that these are enormously compelling books. Paulides shows geographical and temporal clusters of disappearances and deaths across the continent, and each volume has a map of incidents. Many individual accounts have details which will perk up your ears, BFers, but aren't recognized by local law enforcement due to ignorance, and because higher levels of govt hold back information, at least in Paulides' view. As you read through the cases patterns will emerge to you, and you might even feel a little less sick after a while. Anyone who wants a copy can go directly to Paulides' website.

Don't walk alone in the woods

Edited by mitchw

SSR Team

Don't walk alone in the woods

:D

Yeah, it does have that kind of affect on people.

I ordered both versions--Western U.S. and Eastern U.S. from David Paulides website: www.nabigfootsearch.com. They are $24.95 each plus shipping.

I read the Western edition first. The Eastern edition has a master list of all missing persons included in both books.

The books are very compelling. David Paulides does not explicitly say Bigfoot may be responsible for those missing, but IMHO, the implications are definitely there. In the Western Edition there is a U.S. map detailing the clusters of missing people in each state. It would be interesting to try to correlate Bigfoot sightings with reports of the missing people, to determine if there actually is a connection.