Minnesota Iceman Hoax

kitakaze

No comment on the photo? I was expecting at least a "Where did you get that?" Spoiler button not working? (Try Internet Explorer.)

LAL,

A great find!

As a teenager in the late 1960's I saw the Iceman at our state fair. The cloudy ice obscured important parts of the "creature". I remember the torso part of Iceman provided the clearest image, and I recall its appearance very, very like the torso in your photo find. It's skin was pale in color and its hair sparse, thick, and black. My impression then was that its body looked very much like a chimp's.

On the other hand, the head color in this model is dark, whereas the model I saw was pale, except for its hair.

(Given your occasional 'gotcha' posts aimed at skeptics, I hope this photo represents the real deal! In any event, I remember that torso!)

No comment on the photo? I was expecting at least a "Where did you get that?" Spoiler button not working? (Try Internet Explorer.)

Sure, show more, maybe if there's one with the face lit up. Impressive hair ventilation in the chest.

OK...where did you get that?

I think I'll let you guys guess. Shouldn't be difficult. The answer is in one of my posts.

Ray, IE is a browser that usually comes installed on new PCs and is often used to download Firefox. Firefox, with all it's nifty add-ons and personas, is picky about spoiler buttons and can't be induced to let one work on BFF for love nor money even after opening a slew of spoilers on a test on another forum.

Honestly, wolftrax, if there were a better picture don't you think I'd have posted it? The face isn't dark because of the lighting.

LAL,

A great find!

As a teenager in the late 1960's I saw the Iceman at our state fair. The cloudy ice obscured important parts of the "creature". I remember the torso part of Iceman provided the clearest image, and I recall its appearance very, very like the torso in your photo find. It's skin was pale in color and its hair sparse, thick, and black. My impression then was that its body looked very much like a chimp's.

On the other hand, the head color in this model is dark, whereas the model I saw was pale, except for its hair.

(Given your occasional 'gotcha' posts aimed at skeptics, I hope this photo represents the real deal! In any event, I remember that torso!)

So that's three on the forum, so far, who saw the exhibit. Maybe the others will comment on the photo too.

This is the real deal model in Hansen's possession in 2002, no two ways about it.

" 'Gotcha' posts"? Moi? Why thank you. :blush:

Honestly, wolftrax, if there were a better picture don't you think I'd have posted it? The face isn't dark because of the lighting.

If there isn't a better pic, how do you know the face isn't dark because of the lighting?

This is the real deal model in Hansen's possession in 2002, no two ways about it.

Let's hear more.

" 'Gotcha' posts"? Moi? Why thank you. :blush:

Gotcha? I don't think so.

If there isn't a better pic, how do you know the face isn't dark because of the lighting?

Because I can read.

Let's hear more.

Sure, but not now. It's late here. Really late.

Gotcha? I don't think so.

I'm sure Jerry didn't mean you. The only "gothcha" I can think of recently is where you included Napier with those who confirmed Hansen contacted Chambers and I posted Napier to show he didn't and you posted Hansen to show he did but I haven't posted that 'gotcha' yet. The post was # 299 and you said, " Hansen admits he contacted Chambers, advised to go to Howard Ball, Chambers confirms it, Langdon confirms it, Napier confirms it."

Maybe that's not what you meant. I'll take Jerry's statement as a compliment anyway, though.

Thank you again. Jerry.

Because I can read.

Read what? The images posted by Coleman show the model with a well lit face.

I'm sure Jerry didn't mean you. The only "gothcha" I can think of recently is where you included Napier with those who confirmed Hansen contacted Chambers and I posted Napier to show he didn't and you posted Hansen to show he did but I haven't posted that 'gotcha' yet. The post was # 299 and you said, " Hansen admits he contacted Chambers, advised to go to Howard Ball, Chambers confirms it, Langdon confirms it, Napier confirms it."

Maybe that's not what you meant. I'll take Jerry's statement as a compliment anyway, though.

Thank you again. Jerry.

Now you're playing semantics. No Napier didn't give out Chambers' name, but he did say Hansen had a special FX house make it. I'm sure Napier is going to give every venue Hansen went through to find out how to have the model made.

Read what? The images posted by Coleman show the model with a well lit face.

My source isn't Coleman. Do you want to play the guessing game and figure out what is?

Now you're playing semantics. No Napier didn't give out Chambers' name, but he did say Hansen had a special FX house make it. I'm sure Napier is going to give every venue Hansen went through to find out how to have the model made.

I'm not playing at all. I like accuracy. Chambers played a very small role and Napier may not have known he may have been one of possibly several people suggesting Howard Ball. I'll check his book to see if he mentioned Chambers anywhere.

I don't see any artificial eyes on the model, do you? If I give you directions to my favorite mechanic and a couple of fuses that may not be needed am I then involved in the repair of your car?

Information about the model was in the Argosy article in 1969 and Hansen mentioned Bud Westmore, Howard Ball, John Chambers and Pete and Betty Corral in the Saga article in 1970. I still don't see how it's a surprise. Obviously Hansen could be believed - occasionally.

The model doesn't appear to have a fist-sized hole in the chest.

Admin

Very interesting photo, LAL. Thanks for sharing!