What Is A Bigfoot?

What is Bigfoot?  

89 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Bigfoot is a real....hmm...creature? ape? caveman? person? then if/when it is discovered it will need to be classified. I'm curious as to what you think that classification or genus may be. This is assuming that Bigfoot is real and will be found.

Pesonally, I'm torn between choices 2 and 3. I just can't relate descriptions of Bigfoot to a great ape. No opposed thumb or toe and bipedal mainly. Your thoughts?

Edit to add "Other" choice.

Edited by Hogsback

Actually, humans aren't apes. Apes and humans are 98.4% similar though. Pretty close! Bigfoot would be somewhere in between I suppose, but closer to human than ape IMO.

edit: spelling

Edited by Hogsback

I went with erectus neanderthal, The avalable evince definately points to something in the genus Homo, however there are numerous visual atributes that creates a mix of both human and ape. There may be a few different types, but each would appear to be equally elusive so I go with big brain intelligence.

Guest Micahn

I voted Ape however I believe in some parts of the world like in Russia that they might be Neanderthals or something like them.

I have no idea what it is. I bet it ends up not being either human or ape, but some kind of chimera or something totally unique. Whatever it is, it definitely fascinates and repels me at the same time.

I am also going with "Homo Erectus, Neanderthal or similar". This makes more sense to me. No one knows for sure, if these hominids really went completely extinct, or just continued to evolve in areas, not as well suited for homo sapien populations. I think there will be more discoveries yet to come, on this.

Forgive me, but I don't care what Bigfoot is. I just want proof that it is. With proof will come the answers.

I think we'd all like certain resolution, John. There are many who KNOW one way or the other, real or not, but it's fascinating to speculate on exactly what it may be if in fact one is found. I'm a little surprised that most are leaning towards the ape side, and very interested in what the "other" choices may be??

I think we'd all like certain resolution, John. There are many who KNOW one way or the other, real or not, but it's fascinating to speculate on exactly what it may be if in fact one is found. I'm a little surprised that most are leaning towards the ape side, and very interested in what the "other" choices may be??

I apologize. My frustration sometimes gets to me.If my opinion means anything to anyone, what I watched looked and acted like a ape.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic