Pgf Original

Guest gershake

No one knows, and the fact that that's so made me go all big-eyed upon seeing this topic. :/

EDIT: We should have a PGF FAQ somewhere.

Edited by gershake

No, Patricia Patterson does not have the original. She has an archival copy. The current where-abouts of the true camera original is not known for certain, but we have leads that are being investigated which may one day locate it.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Ok thanks. I'm fairly new to this forum but have been a follower of Bigfoot a long time. Maybe this is a stupid question but the poster Bill would you happen to be Bill Munns. I saw the special on cable and really enjoyed it.

Guest gershake
we have leads that are being investigated which may one day locate it.

We do?? That's great news! :)

EDIT: Yep, that's him.

Edited by gershake

Yes, I am Munns, the person who did the scan of Patricia Patterson's archive copy for the American Paranormal Bigfoot documentary.

:)

Welcome to the forum.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Patricia Patterson keeps her archive copy in a bank safe deposit box, which is sort of a vault. That may be where the confusion lies.

The American Paranormal Bigfoot program did use an image stabilized version I made, but their editing of the overall program might have detracted from that sequence.

In so far as releasing such stabilized versions, actually legally nobody does have such rights except Mrs. Patterson and whomever she specifically licenses to show that version. Without going into any boring details, the issue of what can be released, and by whom, is a bit complicated. I try to defer to caution in what I can release, simply out of respect to Mrs. Patterson. There are some other issues with the film copies that I am working through as well, but I can't really explain what those issues are until they are resolved. I do think we will soon see a time where the original is found and scanned and shown. I've been working toward that goal for several years now.

Bill

• Upvote 1
roguefooter

Patricia Patterson keeps her archive copy in a bank safe deposit box, which is sort of a vault. That may be where the confusion lies.

Bill

I think in an old Argosy mag article it says that Patterson made copies and stored the original in a vault. I don't know how the banks deal with old unclaimed boxes but maybe Patricia never had access to that particular box?

roguefooter:

most likely Roger was keeping the original in a vault when he had possession of it, but once he made his deal with ANE around 70-71, they took the original, and had it when Roger died. Then they went bankrupt, and somebody bought it along with ANE's office stuff in a bankruptcy auction, it went to a film storage vault in Los Angeles for safe keeping, then Rene Dahinden and Bruce Bonney checked it out of that film vault around 1980, and "poof" it's never been seen since.

I did recently get an interesting and reliable clue as to where it is now, and it's not with old AL, as some other threads here speculate.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Gail:

First, let's be clear about the difference of the PGF (as we call it) and the full "first reel" (which is mostly guys on horses ambling along in the woods, plus the PGF creature). The PGF has 954 frames from first camera start to the light washing out the frames on the end of the reel. There may have been a few more frames on the end with even more light washout, making them useless, so cutting them off was not suspicious in any way. They would have been "junk frames" (if we presume they existed, and most likely did). The PGF accounts for about 25% of the "First Reel". The other 75% I recently scanned intact (except for a few frames probably torn off that particular copy at the very front of the first filming of Bob Gimlin on a horse, but likely to be found on other copies).

But basically, we have a complete first reel and a complete PGF, and it simply is no longer in dispute (which doesn't stop paranoid people from arguing otherwise with no facts to support their claim).

I have a complete frame inventory of every single frame of the first reel and PGF we have found, and there's nothing missing aside from the above noted.

For the PGF, I have numerous scans of assorted copies and they are all consistent in their frame sequence.

Hope that answers your question.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Gail:

Well, a lot of copies have been made and edited into various programs, and some of those program versions have been edited, which confuses people who actually don't know much about film editing for programming. But we have enough evidence to confidently say the original 100' roll was intact when John Green and Rene Dahinden made their copies in late 1967, and they copied that intact roll. Subsequent copies were then chopped up for various programs.

But the claims of tampering and editing to hide a hoax are without any merit, and have virtually nothing to support those claims.

Bill

• Upvote 1
  • gigantor unlocked this topic