Some Things About Bf That I Think Are Nonsense

How could the 2 cameras facing each other not capture a picture? Were they completely destroyed?

I'll be the first here to admit, I'm no in field squatcher. I'm an armchair squatcher. I read and watch any info I can on the subject because it fascinates me. Without a firsthand encounter, all the rest of us can do is speculate and wonder what is real and what could be. I have 1 big file labeled "I don't know" and within that file is "probably true" and "bs". I could be wrong? ;)

Guest LissingMinx

I have two cabinets labelled I saw or heard it, and I read it. In each there are drawers called true, false, maybe, I dunno, and thinking about it.

Very good way to put it. My mental filing cabinets are similarly arranged. Unlikely, possibly, probably, almost certainly... :thumbsup:

*snip*

Cameras: If you were in his territory, one was watching you, you betchya. BF probably does not know what cameras are for, but probably saw you put it up and leave it there. Humans rig up a contraption in the woods and leave it there, BF stays away. Fur trapping and poisoned bait taught that lesson.

We were in a State Park recently. They have installed game cams in several locations. I know because I found a few without looking for them. We were only there to get pics of the sunset from the boardwalk, so my attention was on other things. Even so, something "wasn't right" up in the trees and drew my eye.

If distracted little me notices (and pointedly avoids) these things, wouldn't something far more cautious?

No, I have never seen one smoking, although I have a friend who smelled the smoke & saw a cigarette glowing, about 8 feet high, one night when they were at his place.

I only smelled the smoke, but didn't see anything, although they were definitely here at the time. It happened to me twice.

Fair enough. Thanks for replying.

SSR Team

6. Bigfoot interacting with humans. The Carter story. The Ostamn story. Some accounts on BFF of "friendly" associations with the creatures. I don't buy it.

Only my opinion. You think I am off?

I think you're off in not buying any of the Ostman story H..

I may not buy it all & i do believe there is some exaggeration within that story amongst other things but i don't believe he made that whole thing up, no way, not in the circumstances.

I personally have a harder time believing he made all that up from absolute scratch as little or nothing was known about these things by him or anyone else really, Natives aside, at that time 1924.

I agree with you about Ostman's story. One small caveat, though. According to John Green, his account wasn't made publicly known until 1957. I've never seen anyone state he mentioned it to them prior to that.

Edited by Bonehead74

I think you're off in not buying any of the Ostman story H..

I may not buy it all & i do believe there is some exaggeration within that story amongst other things but i don't believe he made that whole thing up, no way, not in the circumstances.

I personally have a harder time believing he made all that up from absolute scratch as little or nothing was known about these things by him or anyone else really, Natives aside, at that time 1924.

"This is his own words what happened that day..." :unsure:

I am in a unique position to chose which of your posts stays and which one goes, depending on which one I respond to. The power is intoxicating!

Anyways, I agree with most of what you said. I also think it is absurd to think that Bigfoot knows anything about human technology; cameras, firearms, etc. I think a better explanation is that Bigfoot has a HUGE area to roam free, and humans only venture into a sliver of that area... the odds of coming across one are very, very slim. Even if we go two or three miles in to put our trailcams, that is still basically the outskirts of where they live. You have to be lucky enough to catch one that is venturing out to the edge of their world.

Shapeshifters- bunk. Doesn't even really merit discussion IMO.

Getting shot and surviving- could be, but humans can get shot and survive as well. If they are much bigger and stronger than us, then it stands to reason that they could survive a shot that might kill us. This does not mean they are in any way "indestructible" or anything of the sort.

Fire- Bigfoot is an animal that lives outdoors and can survive the elements, eats raw meat, and likely has no predators. What use does it have for fire?

Interaction with humans- the jury is still out on this one for me, though I find it HIGHLY unlikely. However, I do believe that if they do exist they are likely the most intelligent non-human animals on the planet, so I do not dismiss this idea out-of-hand.

To me, I think the most likely explanation is the simplest one: Bigfoot is an animal who has made a life in the habitats which we do not frequent, which is why we don't come across each other for the most part. Of course it does happen, and I think the rare Bigfoot that gets a glimpse of a human is just as surprised and curious by the encounter as is the rare human that encounters a Bigfoot. As a species, the overwhelming majority of Bigfoot(s?) have no idea we exist, and vice versa.

Yourself and the OP just completely summed up my views also.

I mean no disrespect to the folks in the paranormal camp but sometimes I just don't know if I should be laughing or worried about some of the post's I see around here.

Guest BFSleuth

Folks that have extended observations of two or more sasquatch frequently note obvious conversations going on between them, interactions that seem as though they are "human". I believe that sasquatch have language and are sentient beings. If you consider them in this light, then much of the observed behaviors and events surrounding sasquatch can be better understood. In other words, the data set of sighting reports begins to make more sense to me.

Observation of humans seems to be a frequent past time for sasquatch and it would make perfect sense that they do so. They can take advantage of opportunities to steal food and better understand humans and our technology.

They may not know what cameras are, but do understand that we place a great importance on them, visiting them to open them up to take out little pieces and replace little pieces. As noted in so many of the posts here human activity in the woods includes setting traps and poisoned bait. They are understandably wary of camera traps for this reason.

Regarding shapeshifting, this is more likely a perceptual issue with human observers. Sasquatch can "change shape" quickly from bipedal to quadrapedal to crawl sneaking through high grass. Their ability to simply turn away and freeze still and seem to disappear because their hair coloration blends in with their forest surroundings, or simply to squat and become a stump, would appear to be like they are magical.... "But, there was something RIGHT THERE! Where is it now?"

Regarding fire, I think back to the old maxim that necessity is the mother of invention. They don't need fire therefore they don't "invent" the ability to make fire. However, I am open to the possibility that they can make fire as there are some First Nations stories that talk about their use of fire.

In my opinion the researchers that seem to be advancing are giving sasquatch the credit they are due for intelligence and emotions that mirror ours and likely have abilities and intelligence that are greater than ours in many respects. The developing DNA research indicates that sasquatch may be much closer to humans than chimpanzees. I think researchers that are looking for a "dumb primate" are greatly underestimating the target of their research. The idea of "going wackabout", banging on trees and shouting into the woods, may actually be rude in their eyes. Certainly some forum members have experienced unpleasant interactions when doing this, while others are reporting a far different interaction when approaching them with some respect.

Ghuda, you probably should not care, but go ahead and laugh.

I tend to be slightly worried more so, the thought of some of these folks running around the woods when I believe they have some mental issues is scarey. The wild animals/hunters etc could easily kill or maim someone, especially if they are thinking they have some kind of spirtual/mental bond. The outcome for poor Tim Treadwell and his girlfriend comes to mind.

No, I have never seen one smoking, although I have a friend who smelled the smoke & saw a cigarette glowing, about 8 feet high, one night when they were at his place.

I only smelled the smoke, but didn't see anything, although they were definitely here at the time. It happened to me twice.

Sas,

That's not so hard to believe considering there are plenty of people out there that smoke outside on their back porch or patio and such. They could probably find all they need if they gather up the half smoked cigs from ashtrays or back yards not to mention the occasional pack left out overnight. I would imagine a lighter would be harder to come by, but once gotten would last a while.

I think you're right, HODS.

One of our neighbors is a heavy smoker & he always keeps at least a carton in his truck, & usually has a couple of extra lighters. He doesn't like to be caught without a smoke.

He has a cattle ranch, & often leaves his truck out on his property, to walk out of sight checking on cattle, fences or whatever, & never locks it. Multiply him by thousands of other ranchers, farmers, loggers, hunters, fishermen, etc, etc.

It would be no problem for them to get cigarettes & lighters if they want them.

Guest BuzzardEater

Personally, I do not see evidence that BFs are unintelligent. They are smart enough to not get caught for at least a century, but don't know what guns are? Bears know what guns are.

BFs might not avoid cameras, they might avoid light. It is my contention that they have a different eye than a human and can see in the dark. It follows that a different type of eye can see different parts of the light spectrum. If a BF detects light he can simply be pragmatic and retreat. Perhaps direct light is painful to them? How do you record light reflection at night? You do not do it at all. You must collect enough light to alter film or register on instruments. Photographing nocturnal animals doesn't sound too hard, except that using a flash might frighten your subject and cause him to act rashly. When you consider the reach of a flash in the woods, you pretty much have to be within reach to do it.

Why do they eschew fire? If they have a tribe, they have a religion. Suppose back in the old days they slept in caves. Being big, husky brutes, they found it convenient to roll a boulder into the cave entrance to discourage visitors. The tribe dies of carbon monoxide poisoning. A taboo grows around fire.

Bfs interacting with humans is more likely than the alternative. I suggest that we are not that interesting to them. Perhaps they think us ugly? We are the hairless chihuahuas of the BF domain, maybe. A few oddballs might find us amusing. I notice a subset of accounts have them obviously parodying or pranking us. A large percentage of sightings do not reflect grandly upon us. Would you have respect for someone that screams and runs away at the sight of you? Imagine a display at the zoo. It is a house inhabited by cute little monkeys. They are tiny and cannot see at night, so they are fearful. They scream and hide if they catch sight of a human for even an instant. It would only be fun to scare the poo out of the monkeys for so long. You notice most sightings are of young males? Like us, torturing littles never gets old for some bullies.

Guest TooRisky

As usual we start with a good topic, in-depth thinking, and good debate... Then it all goes down hill to BF stealing butts off back porches and smoking them like a 12 y/o hiding behind a tree... Still have not figured how BF lights em, but hey that's just a small stumbling block right...

LOL I can hardly wait for the 'gay" BF to resurface...

Edited by TooRisky

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic