Some Things About Bf That I Think Are Nonsense

Guest BFSleuth

I've been doing a fair amount of online research about infrasound. Sound itself is interesting because at certain frequencies it creates unique wave patterns with structure. Infrasound at 18 hz, for example, can build standing waves that vibrate at the size of a human eyeball. Humans that are subjected to 18 hz infrasound of sufficient amplitude report "seeing things" or having gray areas appear in their vision.

Research with elephant infrasound indicates that the great majority of their communication is in the infrasound range, which makes sense because of their size and unique body structure for both generating and receiving sound in this range. Infrasound travels for miles and can pass right through physical structures.

Infrasound recording devises that are sometimes used are in the shape of large pots with a narrow opening top, with pot size corresponding to the frequency you want to record. Interestingly the pot sizes would correspond very well with a large volume barrel shaped body like a BF.

One way you can quickly experience infrasound yourself is to get in your car and drive about 60 mph, then open ONLY the rear passenger window about 2-4". I'm sure if any of you have done this you will know this creates a pulsing, fluttering effect that is very annoying, making you want to equalize the wind flow by opening another window.

Buildings frequently (pardon the pun) have problems with infrasound because of how wind will pass through the structure. Sound engineers often need to work with the architect to retrofit aspects of the buildings to mitigate the problem. Buildings like that have reports of people feeling ill, or having a feeling of being haunted.

Infrasound can be very dangerous. High amplitude frequencies from 4hz to 7hz can cause internal organ failure due to cavitation of the body cavity.

So, as far as BF and infrasound, I think the body size and lung size alone makes it possible for them to produce sounds in this range and to hear sounds in this range. This can have a wide range of effects on humans in the area, and it would not surprise me at all if BF use infrasound for communication and for defense.

• 5 years later...
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2011 at 9:21 AM, Guest said:

I wanna believe that squatches are real. I've never seen one, but I buy into most of the stories and evidence. There are some aspects that seem like they are thrown in for an excuse or to enhance the legend. Just my opinion, see if y'all agree.

Well, because people here show they need some help thinking about this, I'm tackling these one at a time.

1. Bigfoot knows what a camera is and can avoid them. It is absurd to believe this. It is an excuse for someone's failure to capture them. There are reports of trail cams being turned around. Easy fix- put 2 out facing each other, you'll be sure to catch something.

ALL ANIMALS know that cameras are Something Odd, we can tell, because so many videos show animals playing with the camera and so many shots show them looking right at it.  There is video of a Cross River gorilla silverback running past a camera, beating its chest, and starting from about fifty yards away it is obvious the camera is the center of his attention. Study has shown that alpha coyotes avoid game cams on their territories.  As we don't know how many of these there are, how smart they are, or how they react to the presence of cameras, I'd say we can't say anything about this, one way or the other.  I sure don't think that that should be given as the categorical reason we don't have undisputed game cam shots, no.  What about people having footage they won't share?  My experience on the BFF says I probably wouldn't post anything I got here either. And more than one person has said that they do.  You know they're wrong, huh.  That's special.

2. Shapeshifters. I am part Cherokee, and even I don't lend an ounce if belief toward this theory.

I'd tell anybody that if they have evidence of this, happy hunting, but I sure wouldn't put it forward as an explanation when garden-variety human denial - one of the most powerful forces on this planet - is a better one.

3. Bigfoot knows what firearms are. I don't think they have a clue what that thing in your hand is unless it gets shot first.

It's been said that bears do.  I don't know what animals know, so I leave this one alone, for now.  I can see that if an animal has experience with a long stick GO BANG! and sees you carrying one that it might know that might not be good.  Animals aren't stupid.

4. Kinda goes with 3. Bigfoot can get shot and still survive unharmed. Bull. If it bleeds, you can kill it.

And good luck with that.  More than one hunter has looked at the cannon in his hands and pronounced it a pogo stick to deal with what he was looking at. Caliber counts.

5. Bigfoot doesnt use fire because it doesn't need it/ doesn't want to be detected. I believe they are unable to harness and use it, not that they dont want it.

Until somebody shows me different, I'd go with that one.  Human needs fire human gonna make one.  Even the proponents make mistakes; J. Robert Alley actually advances the thesis that in the PNW where the climate is equable, bigfoot may have just shelved fire.  IN. THE.  PNW!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!  It might be better there than at the poles, or on Everest summit, but better is *relative* and I sure am not spending extended time in the PNW without artificial warmth and that is NO WAY.

6. Bigfoot interacting with humans. The Carter story. The Ostamn story. Some accounts on BFF of "friendly" associations with the creatures. I don't buy it.

I will NEVER SAY that habituation isn't happening.  Anyone who KNOWS IT ISN'T, check into a psychiatric facility right away; Knowitall Syndrome can be fatal.  Highever, as they say in Texas.  If you are publicizing the living bejesus, and WRITING BOOKS FORPETESAKE, about your Long Habituation Adventure, you really need to show me better stuff than appears in those books.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic