Thoughts As To Why Bigfoot Isn't Caught On Game Cams

Spader

I have often wondered as to why more Bigfoot are not caught on game cams. The only reason I can come up with is that they stick out. Take for example your own house. If you walk into your home which you have done thousands of time, you would notice if something was out of place or an object that wasn't there when you left suddenly appears. The great outdoors is Bigfoots home and anything that is not normally there would scream caution. I'm not a field investigator nor do have expansive knowledge on game cams. Based on descriptions and hard to see blobsquatches they have very large eyes(better vision perhaps) and based on other factors I believe they have keen nocturnal vision as well. I recently watched a video of a guy who placed game cams and other image capturing devices in the deep forest. He also had a sound recorder and there was obvious tree knocking and other sounds during the time he left the devices often weeks at a time, but to no avail, nothing on his cameras. It's possible that Squatch's are well aware that humans are nearby and stealthily observe the human who is planting things that do not belong in the forest, and avoid that particular location. I know that there are members of the Forum that have many theories(and better ones than mine) as to why Bigfoot is rarely captured on recording devices and am curious to what you all think.

Guest rolando

I would think it could have something to do with the type of motion detector used.

This is from wikipedia:

There are basically four types of sensors used in motion detectors spectrum:

Passive infrared sensors (Passive)

Looks for body heat. No energy is emitted from the sensor.

Ultrasonic (active)

Sends out pulses of ultrasonic waves and measures the reflection off a moving object.

Microwave (active)

Sensor sends out microwave pulses and measures the reflection off a moving object. Similar to a police radar gun.

Tomographic Detector (active)

Senses disturbances to radio waves as they travel through an area surrounded by mesh network nodes.

End of Wiki cut and paste

In the case of Ultrasonic and Microwave sensor which are "active" the sensor is acutally emitting either a sound or a frequency of light. If a Bigfoot has a greater range of hearing or vision than humans, it may be able to percieve low frequency light like microwaves or high frequency sound like ultrasound.

Just speculating.

Edited by rolando

Admin

Of course, maybe the simplest explanation is correct: BF doesn't exist.

Well Pal many people camo these stealth cams and they do not stick out in plain site. I don't care how well BF knows his home if he is chasing a deer or running from a pack of dogs at night he will not have time or ability to scan and area backwards and forwards to see if a hidden camera lurks about. Either these creatures have ESP and they just know everything 100% abut whats going on in the woods, or they just aren't there ! Thats all that can explain while in known sighting areas littered with Cameras know one has gotten any pics or film in 15 years except for one the Jacobs pics in PA.

Admin

...or they have been captured on these cameras and we're just mis-interpreting the data for any number of reasons.

The TBRC did their 5 year program, Forest Vigil, or some other name. One of the things they discovered was the fact that game cams just are not reliable.

The TBRC did their 5 year program, Forest Vigil, or some other name. One of the things they discovered was the fact that game cams just are not reliable.

BFF Patron

That's funny, of all the TBRC beeching, I see this as a red herring (an excuse to change tactics and to explain their lack of sound recording over the years which IS more productive than gamecams from a practical pov). I've owned two Reconyx mid-grade cams and never had problems with them. (Just don't have that DMV pic of the big little guy yet)

I've had them monkeyed with from below and behind though so yes we face an intelligent foe and they are an expensive item, which if found, are going to be a target even if cabled.

The problem as mentioned above is in placement, programming, battery choice, camouflage and of course that all important feature.....a mini-hecs

hoodie..........

Guest RedRatSnake

Excuses excuses ~ BF is part of an anceint race of Vampiers, they can only be seen with the naked eye.

You guys have to do some home work

Tim :)

Guest BuzzardEater

What are the time to shoot specs for these devices? I am given to understand there is a delay between activation and action as the thing powers up?

Are the cams adequately descented? Do they have any vapor escape from the batteries? I'd think that an animal that uses a scent defense might be highly developed in the nasal area? If they have similar abilities to dogs couldn't they know humans have been around for weeks afterwards?

Probably the biggest issue is that they are not designed to capture photos of an intelligent, evasive, species that may be able to see the active light emissions from the device. They're designed to photograph things that either do not understand what the camera is, or cannot distinguish the camera from its environment.

Design one that is smaller, more easily concealed, has no emissions (light, infrared, noise, infrasound, vibrations, etc), can be deployed in a network of cameras, and you may be more successful.

Simplest answer is that the existing game cams are not the right tool for the job.

Maybe they stay off the trails...after all they are thought by many to be ambush hunters so why be on the game trails that their prey use which would alert their quarry, also with their great size and bipedal ability to leap over the rough landscape why would they be on the trails particularly if they knew that the others (modern humans) had been on them?

Maybe they stay off the trails...after all they are thought by many to be ambush hunters so why be on the game trails that their prey use which would alert their quarry, also with their great size and bipedal ability to leap over the rough landscape why would they be on the trails particularly if they knew that the others (modern humans) had been on them?

BFF Patron

Yes, descenting and aiming at gametrails not USING game trails for placement are pretty good ideas too. Even cover-scenting or smoking. I tend to keep the cams out in the environment and out of the house for weeks before deployment (I know some pack them in boxes of leaves so I've heard while they are stored).

Studies of plastic off-gassing were an issue with the earliest models (and bears thought they were teddy grahams/graham crackers). Ultrasonic or high frequency sound emissions have been discussed before. On the high end cams I do not believe the triggering times are an issue. TBRC may disagree, so be it.