Thoughts As To Why Bigfoot Isn't Caught On Game Cams

Spader

question for the west coast hunters:

It is estimated that there are 30,000 cougars on the western portion of the US.

How routine is it for cougars to be captured on game cams?

I know it happens, bit it is rare or common?

Guest parnassus

IF bigfoot are real, then the only reason they have not been picked up on a game cam is that their habitat is vast and their numbers are very low. For example, if 1 million game cams were operating around the clock and each one covered 2000 square feet, then they would cover the area denoted by the red dot on the map below (mid-Ontario). The vastness of the land is often underestimated. Bigfoot could be the proverbial needle in a haystack.

1millionGamecams.gif

Do you really think that is a reasonable argument? Do you realize that the entire concept is that the camera stays still and the animals move around? Do you not think that your "bigfoots' move around? has a stationary one ever been reported? If they are so rare how is it that so many people claim to have seen them? and all across the country? Lots of them right here on this site. Thousands of reports. Why would they avoid them because of smell, if they will come within a stones throw of camps and hikers, who carry cameras, plastic, and human scent? Has a camera ever injured a bigfoot? So why and how would they have learned to avoid them? Is it your feeling that some sort of IR would harm them or cause them pain? is there any evidence that this happens to any animals? Do you believe that your "bigfoots" understand photography? if so, how would they have gained that knowledge?

Guest StankApe

I dunno folks, they got video of a freakin clouded leopard on a game cam... It's rarer than a bad pot of red beans and rice.... seriously

With many thousands of trail cams deployed across the Southern US each year, where are the photos of Ivory Billed Woodpeckers. Nobody is crediting those woodpeckers with any Mad Ninja Skills at avoiding cameras. The cameras are often placed on trees, a common hangout for woodpeckers.

Do you really think that is a reasonable argument?

Yep, if bigfoot are real, that's it.

Do you realize that the entire concept is that the camera stays still and the animals move around? Do you not think that your "bigfoots' move around? has a stationary one ever been reported?

Don't you realize that game cams cover a tiny % of the land and most are relatively close to civilization? You have no grasp of the vastness of the land. Do a Google Earth flyover at 1:5000 scale over CA and tell me how many hours it takes you?

If they are so rare how is it that so many people claim to have seen them? and all across the country? Lots of them right here on this site. Thousands of reports.

You sound like you are arguing that with so many reports, they must be real. But no, you think that 1000's of reported sightings are bogus, right? Then why is it such a stretch to think that only 99% of the reports are bogus?

Why would they avoid them because of smell, if they will come within a stones throw of camps and hikers, who carry cameras, plastic, and human scent? Has a camera ever injured a bigfoot? So why and how would they have learned to avoid them? Is it your feeling that some sort of IR would harm them or cause them pain? is there any evidence that this happens to any animals? Do you believe that your "bigfoots" understand photography? if so, how would they have gained that knowledge?

I told you already. IF they exist, game cams haven't snapped one because they don't cover much area, BF are rare and most reports are bogus. Simple enough?

Am I missing something? Here's a link to some game cam photos from WA.

http://www.olympicproject.com/id13.html

More, some months ago I saw another game cam film from some hunter website which showed some part of something brown and furry walking upright in daylight. The hunter wouldn't go further than to suggest we take a look. Sorry I can't find the site, but that doesn't mean I'm making it up.

Do they communicate abstract ideas with one another? If so, then they might have formed the conclusion that the little boxes we try to hide are bad juju and should be watched out for and avoided. That gets discussed and passed from group to group.

Communicating ideas and news among individuals and groups is a powerful advantage over the rest of the species.

I would say that the reason there are no Ivory Billed Woodpeckers caught on trail cams is because the people that put trail cams up are not interested in capturing WOODPECKERS. They are positioned so that they capture creatures on the GROUND. I have never heard of someone pointing a trail cam up into the trees to capture a bird.

I would just about guarantee you that if there were a hunting season for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker or a reward placed on getting pics of one, hunters and outdoorsmen would find a way to get pics of one if they exist.

The link that was posted is just what I am talking about. Look at the pics. Nice, clear pics of deer and bear, but then you get a blob that is purported to be Sassy. C'mon now.

I would love to see Sassy proved, but in my mind it starts straining believability when no one can get a pic or video of one and no structures or living environments can be found. They may be smart, but they aren't THAT smart.

Why has no one ever taken a dog and tried to track one? Do they not leave scent behind? Dogs can track and find mountain lions, coons, dead deer and hogs and even SQUIRRELS. Why not Sassy? When you start adding up all the failures in trying get evidence of Sassy it starts to become pretty depressing. No real evidence since 1967, that's 44 YEARS. It took a Japanese scientist about 1 month to come up with absolute and UNDISPUTABLE PROOF of the Giant Squid.

If there were proof Sassy existed do you really think that a piece of paper would stop the info from getting out?

Nalajr

Guest StankApe

question for the west coast hunters:

It is estimated that there are 30,000 cougars on the western portion of the US.

I would estimate there are that many in Cocoa Beach alone! trolling the sea side bars for fresh young meat.... :lol:

Am I missing something? Here's a link to some game cam photos from WA.

http://www.olympicproject.com/id13.html

More, some months ago I saw another game cam film from some hunter website which showed some part of something brown and furry walking upright in daylight. The hunter wouldn't go further than to suggest we take a look. Sorry I can't find the site, but that doesn't mean I'm making it up.

Seems like plenty of animals in the photos section can see the camera.

The putting the search in perspective thread is an eye opener. Have a read. How about game cams going missing in bigfoot area's? Do we see any cases of that? I still tend to think the bigfoot detect them some how,or it really is just a matter of time. I have seen a few pictures that certainly could be bigfoot posted on occasion, but nothing definitive, but, is there such thing as a definitive picture anyway?

Guest BFSleuth

Why has no one ever taken a dog and tried to track one? Do they not leave scent behind? Dogs can track and find mountain lions, coons, dead deer and hogs and even SQUIRRELS. Why not Sassy? When you start adding up all the failures in trying get evidence of Sassy it starts to become pretty depressing. No real evidence since 1967, that's 44 YEARS. It took a Japanese scientist about 1 month to come up with absolute and UNDISPUTABLE PROOF of the Giant Squid.

Re: Use of dogs

Yes, this has been tried before, often to the detriment of the dogs. In some cases dogs that will aggressively track and corner bears or cougars will refuse to track bigfoot, to the point of tucking tail and running back to climb into the kennel. Google something like "bigfoot tracking dogs" and read a few reports.

Re: Comparison to search for Giant Squid

Yes, the Japanese scientist was on a one month FULLY FUNDED expedition WITH A FULL TIME PAID CREW to find the Giant Squid, and was successful. Are you implying that this was the one and only effort to find the Giant Squid? I'm sure the other scientists over decades of efforts would have words to say about that.

There aren't any scientific expeditions to find bigfoot that come anywhere close to the level of funding of that single one month expedition, not to mention the other efforts prior to that successful one. It isn't even close.

Imagine if we had a single expedition funded with millions of dollars and dozens of crew and scientists that used the very latest in technology, working on a full time basis (ie. paid employees). No, instead we have volunteer amateurs with limited resources, limited time, and limited knowledge of scientific method trying to wing it and bring their efforts together with internet forums, etc.

Nalajr said:

"I would say that the reason there are no Ivory Billed Woodpeckers caught on trail cams is because the people that put trail cams up are not interested in capturing WOODPECKERS. They are positioned so that they capture creatures on the GROUND. I have never heard of someone pointing a trail cam up into the trees to capture a bird.

I would just about guarantee you that if there were a hunting season for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker or a reward placed on getting pics of one, hunters and outdoorsmen would find a way to get pics of one if they exist."

Many trail cams are positioned in trees aimed basically parallel the ground from chest height, to many feet up to avoid underbrush. Within the field of view of these cameras are often other tree trunks..........perfect places to photograph woodpeckers ( and squirrels, raccoons, possums, marten, etc) That people aren't producing evidence of a rare bird with those cams deployed in suitable habitat helps show the immensity of the task to photograph an extremely rare specimen. If that same specimen is smarter than a woodpecker, then the task gets tougher!

Guest RedRatSnake

The putting the search in perspective thread is an eye opener. Have a read. How about game cams going missing in bigfoot area's? Do we see any cases of that? I still tend to think the bigfoot detect them some how,or it really is just a matter of time. I have seen a few pictures that certainly could be bigfoot posted on occasion, but nothing definitive, but, is there such thing as a definitive picture anyway?

DDA has posted a few times that his stuff was messed with.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/8681-getting-evidence/page__view__findpost__p__111867

Tim :)