What If The Dna Comes Back Predominantly Human?

I have a funny feeling this DNA evidence (if it ever comes out) will be something like "human like" and will be just like all other bigfoot "evidence". The believers will say it proves without a doubt the existance of bigfoot, the scientists will say this proves nothing. The search will continue.

I've had that funny feeling since I rekindled my interest in this topic, like what else would something be that makes tracks like this.

post-215-071045400 1327550959_thumb.jpg

post-215-066558700 1327551179_thumb.jpg

Guest parnassus

"Over the Line, Smokey" and the marmot joke are references to "The Big Lewbowski". Actually, the site is rife with Lewbowski references.

Parn, are you a fan of one of the greatest movies of the 1990's?

It ain't me, but I'll take that as a compliment, and I don't get many around here. I am a big fan of submarine movies: Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide, Das Boot, Run Silent Run Deep, On the Beach, all that; and naval history books of all sorts. Horatio Hornblower!!

p.

Guest slimwitless

I'm glad it's not you. There's a not so nice post on that blog about this forum and it's members. Apparently a lot of the posters here are "off their meds" and "many can't spell or write a sentence either".

Submarine movies? I think you've hit all the good ones. I still haven't seen The Bedford Incident but it's on my list.

You sir, are a skeptic of the first order..........
I think Mike just likes things to be presented accurately, and in the correct terms. I have seen him correct it,pro or con, as long as is accurate.

Thank you John.

Kentucky Apeman......beware of trying to fit me into a neat box regarding this issue. The fact is, I think the whole idea of "believers" and "skeptics" is just about the silliest thing on this forum.

If you really have to put me in a box, put me in a "slightly pedantic natural history lover" box. My first degree was in Environmental Science. My daughter is completing her zoology degree in a couple of months, and I've read most of her coursework material (except cell biology & genetics ..........whoa, that's tough stuff!). I spend up to a couple of months a year in the African bush, sometimes with researchers. I read science books as a hobby. So, I know a bit about the world around us, and I occasionally correct errors on here.

I have explained before that I am a skeptic....but that I expect that Sasquatch exists. Skeptical to me means an open minded critique of the evidence, which clearly isn't the meaning that most of the forum attach to the word. But I am absolutely NOT a believer. I try not to believe anything. I expect that sasquatch exists, but I don't believe it to exist. Belief is dangerous.

So, my comment about the 90% thing was simply that it isn't the way a scientist would present a finding. 90% of the way between some common ancestor or other and us would make more sense, but again, would just be scientific shorthand. Hence my suggestion that the figure had been remembered and passed on by a non-scientist, but without the context.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

It ain't me, but I'll take that as a compliment, and I don't get many around here. I am a big fan of submarine movies: Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide, Das Boot, Run Silent Run Deep, On the Beach, all that; and naval history books of all sorts. Horatio Hornblower!!

p.

Missed the derogatory comment about the BFF, but I thought the site was hilarious. I'm a Lewboski fan. When I was under the assumption you were Smokey, it was just precious thinking of you collecting your snails in a plastic bucket to purify them with corn meal for two weeks before turning them into escargot. I was wondering if you still did snail ranching but if it isn't you, oh well.

Guest tirademan

Seems it's happened before...sans DNA.

Most people (and I would argue governments) don't want a large ape living in the woods. Once verified, our wildlife management folks would be responsible...think of those implications.

"There must be a reasonable explanation" is the tactic. Otherwise, when people go missing, Uncle Sam would have a hell of a time calming the relatives.

tirademan

post-325-047822600 1327614693_thumb.jpg

BFF Patron

Definitely very cool, maybe the white hair is still in the state archives or filed with the state crime lab or GBI somewhere. thumbsup.gif

Wow, would have been afraid that slingblade would have been used on me ...... that guys lucky to have left with his head. whistle.gif

Guest parnassus

Missed the derogatory comment about the BFF, but I thought the site was hilarious. I'm a Lewboski fan. When I was under the assumption you were Smokey, it was just precious thinking of you collecting your snails in a plastic bucket to purify them with corn meal for two weeks before turning them into escargot. I was wondering if you still did snail ranching but if it isn't you, oh well.

Yes, it's pretty clever. That movie was kind of funny but also dragged quite a bit, as I recall. The big fat guy was the best part.

Snails, oysters, clams, worms or other WTF slimy things were not put on this earth for man to consume. IMHO.

Edited by parnassus

p.

On the Beach is an all-time favorite of mine. Not everyone liked it though. None other than the great philosopher Bertrand Russell once dismissed On the Beach as an overtly romantic view of the end of human life.

Check out a movie about the first sub - the Hunley. The movie, The Hunley, is great, up to the end when it gets all weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._L._Hunley_(submarine)