Awful Show.....can't Stop Watching

Lets put this in perspective for these yahoos...Another thing that really chaps my nuts...for example: Peter Byrne has had spent 30+ years DEDICATED-fulltime looking for sasquatch and has only found 5 or so sets of tracks that he deemed authentic sasquatch tracks. He has never seen one. He has spent more time in the deep woods than most. Seems like a majority of “Sasquatch hunters†barley make it off the road much less on a hiking trail or navigating deep forest exploring gullies and ravines, remote lakes, mountain ridges etcetera… most seem like city slickers and have spent really little QUIET time in the brush, learning about the environment where the chances are more likely to actually find something that is useful in determining the existence of these creatures.

I think you might have put things in perspective for many BF enthusiasts.. but not the "yahoos" you are referring to ( and I do think squatch might produce a "yahooo".and "ahhooo" vocal) . I don't know much about Ranae, before this series began... but I'm willing to bet the other three cast members have spent great amounts of time in the deep woods, in off road, hard to get to spots, and probably also Ranae...being a field biologist. They are not going to drag the Finding Bigfoot production, into spots they might normally desire to go. It's a TV program, targeted for entertainment, as well as generating public interest in the topic.

In their defense... their time and efforts in the field exceed many ( including myself ). Living in the city, has nothing to do with one's knowledge of the woods or field efforts. Many investigating, are from the city.

Someone could spend their entire free time life, out there... and never see a thing. Other's might see something, with little or no effort involved.That's just the way it is..like the lottery, I suppose. Just my opinion, though... as always.

Guest grinder

I think you might have put things in perspective for many BF enthusiasts.. but not the "yahoos" you are referring to ( and I do think squatch might produce a "yahooo".and "ahhooo" vocal) . I don't know much about Ranae, before this series began... but I'm willing to bet the other three cast members have spent great amounts of time in the deep woods, in off road, hard to get to spots, and probably also Ranae...being a field biologist. They are not going to drag the Finding Bigfoot production, into spots they might normally desire to go. It's a TV program, targeted for entertainment, as well as generating public interest in the topic.

In their defense... their time and efforts in the field exceed many ( including myself ). Living in the city, has nothing to do with one's knowledge of the woods or field efforts. Many investigating, are from the city.

Someone could spend their entire free time life, out there... and never see a thing. Other's might see something, with little or no effort involved.That's just the way it is..like the lottery, I suppose. Just my opinion, though... as always.

Yes, I agree with you. I know the "Yahoo's" have spent much time in the wilds, but they still come off as incompetent whether intentional or edited to be that way. Either way the producers or whomever has set the show up is doing a big disservice to us (the believers) and portrays us all as buffoons. We have become the joke...as usual.

Edited by grinder

Look for the Finding Bigfoot crossover when they visit with the cast members of Son of a Gun. MM has asked them to build them a rifle fired bolo net to help aid the intrepid foursome in their pursuit of capturing a live Bigfoot for TV.

Synopsis - CB has come up with yet another rehashed idea in mounting a large bore, compressed air bolo net (not seen since Daktari days) to the handlebars of a mountain bike. The bike also sports a handlebar mounted iPad tethered to a thermal and night vision helmet cam. The plan is to use this vehicle and survelince equipment while riding downhill at night on old forest service roads in hopes of encountering a shy road crossing Bigfoot. Problems arise when they run into a black hairy juvenile bear and shoot it with the net, thinking it a baby NY Bigfoot. The net after being shot out of the gun barrel, entangles the cub but it still manages to take off at a dead run. The mountain bike and rider become separated in the blink of an eye, what with the net still attached by the retrieval line.

Cameras placed earlier along the forest service road downhill get treated to the running cub, entangled in the net, dragging the mountain bike behind it.

100's of yards away, at their remote listening post, MM and BB suddenly look off their right, towards the road and exclaim "What was that!"

NOTE: Delays in next seasons filming of the much acclaimed docucomedy have been put on hold till one cast member fully recovers from "dirt road rash", also the new theme song for the show performed by the Black Keys backed group Radio Moscow. Producers have also commented on crew members statements in the hunt for the legendary creature, reporting that they had come across what they believed to have been proof positive that Zombies are real, we're actually very close to the remote location set for another TV show.

Edited by damndirtyape

Admin
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest wudewasa

Finding Bigfoot needs to have Mike Rowe visit with the team for an episode of "Dirty Jobs." Can you imagine his smart alec personality in the woods with these people?! Now THAT would be comedy!

Finding Bigfoot needs to have Mike Rowe visit with the team for an episode of "Dirty Jobs." Can you imagine his smart alec personality in the woods with these people?! Now THAT would be comedy!

I can see it now.

Mike dressed up in a budget Squatch costume doing a re-enactment trips and falls down a hill with a startled yelp.

Down in the woodline, Moneymaker looks up and excitely informs the audience that Bigfoot is in fact a baritone...

Tim

Look for the Finding Bigfoot crossover when they visit with the cast members of Son of a Gun.

:lol:

About as serious a commentatary as this show deserves.

I've gotten a little tired of the "there definitely is a squatch in these woods...let's drive across the state and have a town-meeting and see if anyone over there has heard of a sasquatch."

for crikes sake...if you are that close...bloody well stay and keep looking.

Then I remember it is entertainment and not serious and all is well.

I mean...IF they EVER found proof...you won't find it by watching the show. If they had something solid, it would be splashed everywhere and the episode showing the find would be the MOST hyped thing since the last hyped thing...watching week-to-week....there will never be anything more than vague knocks, odd depressions and a faint linger of "maybe".

Which beats most of what is on cable for being interesting.

Tim

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove double post quoteing wudewasa

They kind have already done the same thing... but with Bob Saget being the wiseguy. If I remember right, both Bobo and MM where on that show with Matt speeding down a dirt road at night with no lights on and Bobo saying "Squatches like beer!"

It is rapidly losing its entertainment value- for me, at least.

Same Scat, Different Season (Thanks, Biggie ;) )

hehehe You're welcome my good fellow.

Look for the Finding Bigfoot crossover when they visit with the cast members of Son of a Gun. MM has asked them to build them a rifle fired bolo net to help aid the intrepid foursome in their pursuit of capturing a live Bigfoot for TV.

Synopsis - CB has come up with yet another rehashed idea in mounting a large bore, compressed air bolo net (not seen since Daktari days) to the handlebars of a mountain bike. The bike also sports a handlebar mounted iPad tethered to a thermal and night vision helmet cam. The plan is to use this vehicle and survelince equipment while riding downhill at night on old forest service roads in hopes of encountering a shy road crossing Bigfoot. Problems arise when they run into a black hairy juvenile bear and shoot it with the net, thinking it a baby NY Bigfoot. The net after being shot out of the gun barrel, entangles the cub but it still manages to take off at a dead run. The mountain bike and rider become separated in the blink of an eye, what with the net still attached by the retrieval line.

Cameras placed earlier along the forest service road downhill get treated to the running cub, entangled in the net, dragging the mountain bike behind it.

100's of yards away, at their remote listening post, MM and BB suddenly look off their right, towards the road and exclaim "What was that!"

NOTE: Delays in next seasons filming of the much acclaimed docucomedy have been put on hold till one cast member fully recovers from "dirt road rash", also the new theme song for the show performed by the Black Keys backed group Radio Moscow. Producers have also commented on crew members statements in the hunt for the legendary creature, reporting that they had come across what they believed to have been proof positive that Zombies are real, we're actually very close to the remote location set for another TV show.

Funny stuff. They would do better to mount the net gun on the back of a ATV though instead of a mountain bike since bf do not like the sound of ATV's judging from several reports of them running out of the woods onto trails chasing ATV's. Here's the Black Keys song he's referring to btw.

Now that would be entertaining. Mike would have scat and urine sample collection duty for sure.....in between the takes of him and his camera man Barsky trying to out fart each other like kids that is.

Guest Twilight Fan

Same here! It's an awfully (FUNNY) show, and ridiculous, but I too cannot stop watching it! I just made a post about why I love it and find it so hilarious, and why I will stay tuned through each new season if they keep going (in Finding Bigfoot and Other Realty Shows topic). Moneymaker and Bobo are so crazy...

They hear any little bump in the night and it's automatically a Bigfoot! Just like that. They hear a knock on a tree, a Bigfoot must have done it! Forget about any other forest animal who hunts and comes out at night. Nope. Why consider the possibility of a known species causing noise when instead it could be...drumroll...A BIGFOOT? ;)

Great show though, it's way too funny to stop watching.

Edited by Twilight Fan

Looking at the BFRO site, seems like the number of their expeditions has really grown. I am not sure what they might normally be though--is that number up this year? How about the web traffic on their site? Anybody know how that has changed since the show debuted? Anybody have knowledge of these?

OK:

Let's knot lose perspective here.

If there wasn't a show.....people would gripe "how come there's no BF show out there?!"

When there is a dedicated BF show people gripe "how come it's not good enough!"

:lol:

I enjoy the show from an entertainment standpoint.

My 9 year old loves it! ^_^

If I had one wish however, it would be this.

(ahem)

Cliff! Bobo! Matt! Listen up! You are all PNW Squatchers!

Keep your show in the same area where your expertise is located...the PNW!

Stick with what you know and play in the playground of which you are familiar!

Imagine if all the time, money and resources spent by the show on traveling all around the country to find "squatch" (Rhode Island....really!?) were focused squarely in Northern Cal, OR and WA!

If I simply wanna see a new part of the country each week..... I'll watch the travel channel.

(rant mode off)

;)

Get back to the PNW and start doing some real deep woods investigations in the heart of the phenomenon in an area of long history and real sightings. Tired of these cheesy witnesses they present on the show. There are many good vid clips and reports that they can feed off other then the lame crap they have been force feeding us. Can’t understand why this show is so lacking.

I'm a bit irritated at the wasted potential of this show. They have the resources and the knowledge to actually get close to these things but it is flushed down the toilet with sensationalism. Also tired of these yahoos only spending a few hours a night looking for bigfoot, just so stupid. I wish it was that easy! As we all know they are not going to get results with the "hit it and quit" it approach. Field biologist spend days and weeks in hidden blinds just trying to photogragh known elusive animals in the wild.

I agree with you and Hoosierfoot....

H- it's still on TV cause it's like watching a trainwreck....you want to turn it off, but just can't.

G- HEY! The PNW has had ALL the attention for the last 50 yrs.....IT'S OUR TURN NOW! :P

....and to answer your question MM is never, EVER going to do an indepth remote camping/bf hunt cause he GOE'S NOWHERE there isn't a Holiday-Inn-Express....actually I'm suprised he doesn't have them as a sponsor. He flies in....prances in fron of the camera, hit's the hotel and whips right back out. Maybe if the show had a new ''Star'' this would be different.

Guest grinder

I agree with you and Hoosierfoot....

H- it's still on TV cause it's like watching a trainwreck....you want to turn it off, but just can't.

G- HEY! The PNW has had ALL the attention for the last 50 yrs.....IT'S OUR TURN NOW! :P

....and to answer your question MM is never, EVER going to do an indepth remote camping/bf hunt cause he GOE'S NOWHERE there isn't a Holiday-Inn-Express....actually I'm suprised he doesn't have them as a sponsor. He flies in....prances in fron of the camera, hit's the hotel and whips right back out. Maybe if the show had a new ''Star'' this would be different.

M.M and Bear Grylls... match made in heaven