Awful Show.....can't Stop Watching

Guest grinder

I yearn to see a bigfoot for myself, I think they exists. I have had my own curious experiances in the woods that I lend to Bigfoot. If bigfoot is found to be a actual creature I will be ecstatic! BUT….If Bigfoot is found to be nothing but a mega hoax gone Orson Wells War of the Worlds super overblown mass media suggestion hysteria, I will be crushed. You cannot discount the power of suggestion, it is scary powerful. Take Jim Jones for example. BUT, this will not affect my core values, family, the way I live my life or what I do for a living. The only thing I lose is a little part of the mystery of the world and maybe some crow to eat by friends.

The whole Bigfoot culture is full of varying degree of believers, but it is the people of whom become so cult like in following the “idea†or so passionate of them to the point of dysfunction that really puts me on edge. Sure, it will be super cool to finally confirm them as a legit species as I think they are, and I think we need to pursue it in a systematic and critical thinking non-circus like attitude.

M.M has a whole livelihood to loose, a whole identity he has built on the absolute idea of the existence of Bigfoot. Somehow so obsessed that the end result would be nothing more than a big “I told you soâ€...to save face.

People pay him a lot of money to do what he does, he is on T.V pimping Bigfoot, Crypto’s and ghosts have become a big business. So I can see his penchant for wild conjecture to somehow through abstract reasoning and deduction force the bigfoot into his reality with any little butterfly fart, it becomes a Rorschach test for him, leading him to see Bigfoot everywhere. The best thing for M.M would to be never to actually find one, talk about job security!

Edited by grinder

Cliff and Bobes are one of the main reasons I still watch the show. Matt and Ranae on the other hand remind me of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader going at it, which most would think it would add to the entertainment value, but has somehow started to hurt the show more than help it. Here's hoping next weeks episode will be better.. It can't really get that much worse, can it? :blink:

Guest wudewasa

Matt and Ranae on the other hand remind me of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader going at it, which most would think it would add to the entertainment value, but has somehow started to hurt the show more than help it.

Correct. This show began as entertainment, and has not deviated from its prime directive. The thinly veiled moniker of "scientific research" has eroded quickly, profaning critical thought and inquiry based investigation with pomposity and denial.

I think M.M. said it best when he said you can't find BF when you just go out looking one night. It reminds me of Destination Truth, travel four days, and look for evidence for eight hours. I don't think that is a recipe for finding anything.

I enjoy the show and take the good with the bad. Seeing the locales and meeting the people with sightings is interesting as well. Beating the bush at night is futile. We all know that, MM knows that, Bobo and Cliff know that as well. But it's TV an nobody (save us) is going to sit through an hour of them sitting in the dark doing next to nothing or just performing normal day/night in camp activities that DO tend to draw Sasquatches. It is what it is, entertainment. I do however get tired of hearing M.M quote his theories and oft whimsical factoids as some type of "Sasquatch Canon" that shan't be questioned. Renae will pick gnat poop out of pepper and I admire that since she is the skeptic, Occam's razor is in full effect with regard to her and it's what MM desperately needs to balance out his own Confirmation Bias that tends to overshadow anything he says. I was glad they gave Standing the peg downing he deserves on the last new episode. I could not believe the gall Standing had to not take them to the spot of the encounter for a comparison. That says it all. As for the Ohio tree breaker if you can't see blue jeans on the subject in that video you need a new prescription.

However..always remember one sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as impossible. I think Renae is learning this the hard way.

tongue.gif

Guest wudewasa

I do however get tired of hearing M.M quote his theories and oft whimsical factoids as some type of "Sasquatch Canon" that shan't be questioned.

Beating the bush at night is futile. We all know that, MM knows that, Bobo and Cliff know that as well.

ehhh...I'm not to sure about that.

They are beating the bush with Thermal Vision.

If they could focused on areas in which they had some decent unobstructed views (clearings, meadows, clear cut edges, stream / river beds, edges of orchards) they might eventually score something interesting.

Then again, if "beating the bush" means running through the woods and therming trees and bushes that are mere yards away....I would probably have to agree.

Reminds me of this guy...sorta : )

ehhh...I'm not to sure about that.

They are beating the bush with Thermal Vision.

If they could focused on areas in which they had some decent unobstructed views (clearings, meadows, clear cut edges, stream / river beds, edges of orchards) they might eventually score something interesting.

Then again, if "beating the bush" means running through the woods and therming trees and bushes that are mere yards away....I would probably have to agree.

Well I have always said they need better FLIR or better Thermal FLIR. The handheld units they typically use on the show can be unreliable in all but perfect conditions. Rain, humidity and fog play havoc with 3k dollar units like those.