Guest tallmonkey

If Bob Gimlin Professed The Pgf A Hoax

slabdog

OK...

just for discussion sake:

I often think about this!

Let's say that the PG film is a hoax. (I'm speaking hypothetically here - so calm down)

Patterson's widow made money for 40+ years on the PG footage (probably not millions by any means....but probably enough to help pad the social security check. (Again...calm down...I'm only speaking hypothetically)

Gimlin clearly strikes me at a good, grounded guy who's not materialistic or focused on money. If he was...one would think that we would be out on the talk show circuit constantly.

But he also strikes me as a good family man who cares about his family.

What if Gimlin wrote a "tell all" book explaining that the PG film was fake...and more importantly... explaining how it was faked.

And let's say that book was only to be revealed upon his demise.

I honestly believe that such a book, if written well and by the right person - would make his family millions.

Wouldn't that be the height of irony?

If the PG film was faked - and for 40 years helped pay the Patterson bills under the premise that it was real - only to later and finally help the Gimlin family financially...by proving that it was all a hoax.

What a great deal that would be for them!

SweatyYeti

The truth is generally derived from fairly clear, simple statements such as this. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Inc... :)

roguefooter

I think if this ever happened then the majority of Bigfooters would face the reality of it and move on. Sure it would take some hard time but people would get over it, knowing it's clearly not the end of Bigfootery by any means.

The PGF has become the poster child of the field, not the keystone like a lot of skeptics believe. If you pull the PGF all the rest will not come tumbling down. Did the belief in lake monsters come to an end when the famous Loch Ness picture was admitted fake? Not at all. The Finding Bigfoot show is evidence that the PGF is no longer a vital component for the general public to maintain interest in the field. Heck, most of the general public seems to believe the PGF to be an admitted fake anyways, believing Patterson did a death bed confession- you hear people say this all the time. Yet interest in Bigfoot is booming like crazy. Why? Because there are a lot of legitimate people having legitimate sightings- or at least believing what they see is a Bigfoot.

Guest krakatoa

I'm lost...

Was the topic "what is your response if Bob Gimlin said the PGF was a hoax"?

Or was it "see how many non-sequitors, strawmen, tangents and most importantly, pictures, lots and LOTS of pictures, you can cram into this thread"?

Incorrigible1

I'm lost...

Was the topic "what is your response if Bob Gimlin said the PGF was a hoax"?

Or was it "see how many non-sequitors, strawmen, tangents and most importantly, pictures, lots and LOTS of pictures, you can cram into this thread"?

Dammit, Krak, I'm fresh outta "+" for the day, although you eminently deserve one.

Guest krakatoa

Dammit, Krak, I'm fresh outta "+" for the day, although you eminently deserve one.

That's ok... it's not like I can trade them to anyone for proof of 'foot. ;)

kitakaze wrote:

The 'status' of Bob Gimlin is no higher than that of the Film Subject. It's Patty's unique/impressive/realistic 'status' that has given Bob Gimlin and Roger Pattterson their status, and their 'adoration'.

So, again....since it's the "suit" that's the driving force behind all of this...there isn't any good reason to villify Patterson and Gimlin...for "fooling people"...(if that turns out to be the case).

My thinking on the matter is pretty simple...if you can create a suit this realistic....and film it, in motion, under the conditions Patty is seen in.....and it takes 44+ years for someone to prove it's a suit....then....my "hat's off to ya'"!! ;):)

I would be fascinated to see how this was accomplished...with thick, custom-formed padding...

C8F310F311CalfFlexCompAG3.gif

kitakaze wrote:

Well, they didn't get too far, with their suit...did they? I consider their hoax to be more 'mind-boggling'... :wacko: ...than anything else.

Actually, the calf muscle tightens on the ersatz sasquatch as it places it foot down, while the human calf muscle tightens as the foot's heal is lifted. Not the same thing.....right?

Stand up and make your toes touch the floor before your heal.

kitakaze
The 'status' of Bob Gimlin is no higher than that of the Film Subject. It's Patty's unique/impressive/realistic 'status' that has given Bob Gimlin and Roger Pattterson their status, and their 'adoration'.

1) Patty's "realism" is subjective. No, really, you can't put that impression people who don't share it. The people who do share that impression are in a very tiny minority...

page13_17.png

screen-shot-2011-12-07-at-6.38.38-pm.png

So, again....since it's the "suit" that's the driving force behind all of this...there isn't any good reason to villify Patterson and Gimlin...for "fooling people"...(if that turns out to be the case).

That does not square away with reality at all, Sweaty. You more than anyone should no this. How much mocking of Bob Heironimus have you done? Your enthusiasm for mocking Heironimus is because you think he is faking being Patty, right? Your contention is that he has been fooling people with his claim of being Patty. Assume you are right and that he did make that claim up. Let's say you had proof, say like the 7'4", that Patty was impossible to be Heironimus (yes, feel free to drop whatever favourite mouth, leg, whatever gif here). Better yet, let's say you had him on tape admitting that he made up his claim. Let's say after that comes out, Heironimus has no intention of making anymore public statements. This is what he already gets now...

"This idiot actually passed a lie detector test on national TV declaring that the PGF was fake.

He's lied about it for so long he actually now believes the lies himself.

He will do anything to make money or to be on TV. This is his only claim to fame.

He could have supported the truth of Patty.

Why did he go against the film being of a real BF when he had to know that it was true at one time?"

"He has also lied for so long he probably believes it himself along with being a sociopath.

He'll do anything and say anything for money and publicity."

"Then we have this jerk telling lies on the Lie Detector show. That show didn't last very long because it's few episodes didn't hold up any better than a lie detector does in a court room."

"I just noticed the creep doesn't ever change his shirt. Look at those 2 videos, he's a bum! He lies to make a couple bucks and he still can't afford a new shirt."

If Gimlin were to similarly have confessed to willfully deceiving Bigfooters across America and looking them in the eye and making them believe he wasn't part of a hoax, would he be deserving of the same scorn and hate and poison that is already now given to Heironimus? Similarly, do you think he'd be interested in stepping in front of the people he betrayed and get the treatment Bob heironimus gets now?

Just imagine Gimlin confessed and confirmed his former longtime and trusted friend Heironimus was Patty, but he had no intention on facing anyone to take the heat. Would you hold him in the same regard you hold Heironimus?

Well, they didn't get too far, with their suit...did they? I consider their hoax to be more 'mind-boggling'... :wacko: ...than anything else.

Sweaty, they never intended to get far with their suit. They intended to get paid and be long gone when the ice melted. Patterson also intended to get paid.

So was the Georgia Boys hoax a crime?

Edited by kitakaze

roguefooter

1) Patty's "realism" is subjective. No, really, you can't put that impression people who don't share it. The people who do share that impression are in a very tiny minority...

A very tiny minority isn't enough to hold something in the limelight for 40+ years and make Bigfoot a household name across the globe. This reality is not subjective.

If Gimlin were to similarly have confessed to willfully deceiving Bigfooters across America and looking them in the eye and making them believe he wasn't part of a hoax, would he be deserving of the same scorn and hate and poison that is already now given to Heironimus?

I'm sure Gimlin has endured a helluva lot more scorn in the past 4 decades than Heironimus will ever see in his lifetime. If he were to confess then it would probably not phase him one bit.

SweatyYeti

Actually, the calf muscle tightens on the ersatz sasquatch as it places it foot down, while the human calf muscle tightens as the foot's heal is lifted. Not the same thing.....right?

Patty and the man are both angling their foot downwards, bending at the ankle-joint.

Their foot movement..and calf muscle contraction....are the same. :)

kitakaze wrote:

Your enthusiasm for mocking Heironimus is because you think he is faking being Patty, right?

Your contention is that he has been fooling people with his claim of being Patty.

Yup...and I would 'villify' Heironimus for his possible lies, about being Patty....because, in his case, he has not produced a film of fascinating proportions.....neither has he produced any physical evidence of fascinating proportions...

PattyFrame352BobbyFrameLYAO.jpg

GreatBobkin1.jpg

There is NOTHING to 'tip your hat to', regarding Bob Heironimus. :)

kitakaze wrote:

Are these animations 'my work'...or are they 'MK Davis'' work?...

PattyCibaF350F352VMMoveAG2.gif

F347F350AG1.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti

kitakaze
Yup...and I would 'villify' Heironimus for his possible lies, about being Patty....because, in his case, he has not produced a film of fascinating proportions.....neither has he produced any physical evidence of fascinating proportions...

Sweaty, please think carefully about this...

What if Heironimus can't reproduce what they did any better than Gimlin? If Heironimus just put the thing on 40+ years ago, and he doesn't remember every detail, should he be villified? What if Gimlin could similarly not reproduce something DeAtley and Patterson arranged? Would you villify Gimlin for not explaining it to your satisfaction?

Can you grant Gimlin the level of hate you have for Heironimus if he can't explain it all to your satisfaction?

slabdog

Please back to the "If Bob Gimlin Professed The Pgf A Hoax Would You Still Insist the Film Shows a BF?" topic .....

my .02 cents:

If Gimlin said it was a hoax, and explained how it happened, and that explanation made sense.....I would believe him.

And regardless of how I feel about the film or BF....I would actually appreciate him for doing so.

I believe the possibility of the existence of BF and the possibility of the authenticity of the PG film are two different things completely.

kitakaze

Slabdog, if this seems to be off topic, I can move it to its own thread, but as it is addressing the situation regarding people wanting Gimlin in a confession to go further and give the the play-by-play rather than going recluse, it seems this is the right place for it. If not, I'll be happy to start another thread on the hoax situation of Gimlin feeling whether or not he'd be willing to face the people he actively has been deceiving for years now directly at conventions and various venues...

kitakaze wrote:

Your enthusiasm for mocking Heironimus is because you think he is faking being Patty, right?

Your contention is that he has been fooling people with his claim of being Patty.

Hold the phone a sec, Sweaty. You would villify Heironimus for lying about being in the PGF because he has not reproduced the PGF nor produced physical evidence he was in it. Not only should you ask yourself how some rodeo rider and friend of Gimlin would be able to reproduce the film, but also what evidence you'd accept from him to support his claim.

Gimlin didn't make the PGF. In that regard, Heironimus would be more a part of it than Gimlin. Gimlin's supposed to be just standing there. He was not the one filming Patty. Let's say Gimlin issues through his lawyer this statement...

To all the people that have supported my over the years regarding my involvement with Roger Patterson's moving, I regret to say that I have in fact been covering the fact that Roger, his brother-in-law Al DeAtley, Bob Heironimus and I created this film and did not encounter any real Bigfoot-type creature. We did this primarily for Roger's family as he was getting sick, for DeAtley's company. I protected Roger's secret out of care for his family and because I did not have the heart to tell people the film was a hoax. This is my final statement on the matter and my family and I would appreciate our privacy be respected.

etc, etc, signed Bob Gimlin.

So boom. He's just confessed and he just told you Heironimus was Patty. He's too ashamed and embarrassed now to talk to anyone and he wants to be left alone. You know this is not from someone else and you know Gimlin was not forced to make an untrue statement. Boom, Bob Heironimus was Patty, Gimlin said so. Gimlin won't talk more than that.

So do you go about villifying him equally or what should actually be quite a lot more compared to what you've done for Heironimus? At least Heironimus came forward to tell you about it and then was promptly demonized by Bigfooters. He wasn't doing the convention circuit prior to that and working the crowd as Gimlin has. If Gimlin in one fell swoop vindicated Heironimus, but didn't want anything to do with talking any more about it, is he going to get helping of Heironimus-style hate from you?

kitakaze wrote:

Are these animations 'my work'...or are they 'MK Davis'' work?...

(snip)

You've already asked me, and I've already answered...

What is in the animations are the work of Roger Patterson and MK Davis. Making their images flicker back and forth is your work. Animating the MK/Roger images to alternate = Sweaty work. What they intend to show is not proof of anything.

Was the Georgia hoax a crime, Sweaty?

Also, could you please answer in the Poser 7/Daz Studio thread this question?

Your welcome. Does the scaling on the wall and thus the camera perspective change in a way that affects the foreshortening of the figure in a way that nullifies the physical recreation of the Poser 7 skeleton?

SweatyYeti

kitakaze wrote:

Gimlin didn't make the PGF.

In that regard, Heironimus would be more a part of it than Gimlin.

Prove it.