Ancient Giant Footprint

Guest toejam

Even if the "footprint" was carved it's not necessarily "fake".

"A petrosomatoglyph is an image of parts of a human or animal body incised in rock. Many were created by Celtic peoples, such as the Picts, Scots, Irish, Cornish, Cumbrians, Bretons and Welsh. These representations date from the Early Middle Ages; others of uncertain purpose date back to megalithic times. They were an important form of symbolism, used in religious and secular ceremonies, such as the crowning of kings. Some are regarded as artefacts linked to saints and folklore heroes, such as King Arthur. The word comes from the Greek πέτÏα - petra ("stone"), σῶμα - soma ("body"), and γλÏφειν - glyphein ("to carve"). Feet are the most common; however, knees, elbows, hands, head, fingers, etc., are also found.

The term petrosomatoglyph should not be confused with petroglyph, which covers all incised representations of living or non-living things, or with pictograph, which is an image drawn or painted on a rock face, and both of which contribute to the wider and more general category of rock art. Petroforms, or patterns and shapes such as labyrinths and mazes made by many large rocks and boulders in rows over the ground, are also quite different.

Stylised representations of parts of the body are often open to dispute and are therefore on the fringes of acceptability as identifiable petrosomatoglyphs. Natural objects, such as rock crystals and rock formations which look like petrosomatoglyphs, whole animals, plants, etc., are collectively called "mimeoliths"."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrosomatoglyph

<emphasis mine>

The pedant in me requires that I point out that this footprint is at a place called Mpuluzi, not Impuluzi. It is near the SA border with Swaziland. Oh, and that granite forms underground.

Mike

The pedant in me requires that I point out that this footprint is at a place called Mpuluzi, not Impuluzi.

I am not responsible for spelling and grammar in the things I quote. :lol: Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure I can pronounce it no matter how it's spelled.

Shelly, you may be thinking of Carl Baugh's museum in Glen Rose, Texas, near the Paluxy Riverbed. The creation museum in Kentucky is built on the Cincinnatian formation.

We've had this before.

The only way to get a footprint into granite is for something to walk on molten lava. Clearly that is impossible (instant death). So, either that isn't a footprint, or that rock isn't igneous.

Mike

Sure looks like granite and not a sedimentary rock.

It would have to be vertical molten lava as well - underground. Despite the claim there's no sign it was upthrust.

Closeup of the "toes":

8428footprint.jpg

Granite is formed of magma, not lava.

As long as it's located in the earth crust it's magma, when it erupts to the surface it's lava. So if this is a footprint it would have been formed subterraneously.

...hollow earth maybe? :mellow: lol

"Tafoni are large rounded pits that form by a physical process called cavernous weathering, which starts when water brings dissolved minerals to the rock surface. When the water dries, the minerals form crystals that force small particles to flake off the rock. Tafoni are most common along the coast, where seawater brings salt to the rock surface. The word comes from Sicily, where spectacular honeycomb structures form in the coastal granites. Honeycomb weathering is a name for cavernous weathering that produces small, closely spaced pits called alveoli. Notice that the surface layer of rock is harder than the interior. This hardened crust is essential to make tafoni; otherwise, the whole rock surface would erode more or less evenly."

http://geology.about.com/od/geoprocesses/ig/mechweathering/cavweather.htm

One site said the footprint had been CARBON DATED to 9mya. (Would anyone like to explain what's wrong with that statement?) Beware of what you read on the Internet!

Guest BlurryMonster

One site said the footprint had been CARBON DATED to 9mya. (Would anyone like to explain what's wrong with that statement?) Beware of what you read on the Internet!

Well, since you asked for volunteers... everything. You can't carbon date rock (since there isn't carbon in it), and carbon dating only works between (about) 150 years ago and 60,000 years ago. Geez, the things people will throw out to sound credible; I guess they either don't know how wrong that is, or they figure that most other people won't and take their word as fact.

Edited by BlurryMonster

Why Nephalim? The Nephalim were "the heroes of old, men of renown". The idea of "giants" is possibly from the Greek "gegantes" which looks like "giant" but in modern Greek would be "titans".

This site has the best debunking of the "footprint" I've seen yet. It also debunks the idea it has anything to do with "ancient giants".

http://creation.com/giant-footprint

I really cant add anything further to this discussion without offending interpretation to rule 7. I already pushed that line too hard already ;) Since I saw yours as being a question directed at my post... I felt compelled to reply in kind. Simply put among Bf and many other earthly things of past and present, we simply do not know all the answers and are forced to use any and every written historical or found means (as our arsenal)to get at truth. If its attainable or not is another question and I will simply say..Heck I don't know to be honest. I just have theories. I does appear to me to possibly be a polydactyl though.. I mean if its a foot at all ..heh

Guest Wookie73

It's impossible that it's a footprint made in granite.... Thats like saying you have a naturally made bite mark in a diamond....