Bfro Expeditions

WV FOOTER

Always good to be skeptical. That is why people are free to author their own reports about their expedition experiences. Not every expedition has insane amounts of action. It isn't a thrill ride as it is a patient waiting game. You are there to learn about the subject and trying to identifiy if there are Sasquatches in the area. There is no formula for success. If there was we would already see Sasquatch recognized by science.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest therealdeal434

A BFRO expedition really launched me into bigfoot. It provided me the opprtunity to use Thermal equipment and IR aswell. I had a thermal sighting on the expedition. I think what you put into it you will get out of it. Worth the money. $300 covers your camping and you meet some great people. Message me for more info.

Our whole family went on one and had an absolute ball. So much fun and there was action that could not have been explained away by known animals or a human.

I went on one in 09, did not see anything but feel like it was worth the $300. Made some good friends, and learned alot about squatching. It led to another expedition where there was alot of action (no charge for this one). But yes YMMV. I can only imagine the idiots they would attract if there wasn't a $300 pricetag....

It's a free country and a person has the right to spend their money how they choose and the BFRO can raise money however they see fit.. If a person wants to pay $300 to camp in a public park, with no camping equipment or supplies provided, go right ahead.

I have actually been on two BFRO Expeditions and am absolutely thrilled with the results. Met a really great group of people and got a chance to find my own evidence. On the latest "expedition" found and cast a footprint miles away from where the rest of the group was searching and not on an established path, so I am fairly certain it wasn't "planted". The investigators leading the expedition were genuine down to earth guys and clearly enjoyed sharing with everyone. I wouldn't hesitate to go again. Also, if you are a repeat customer it is half price for each expedition after your first.

What concerns me about going on expeditions of this type is the factor of human fear. I do not relish the idea of getting shot by a jumpy BF-geek while taking at pee at 1 am.

Not saying it can't happen but the BFRO has a "no guns" policy. The expeditions are high organized and no one is in a group of less than 4 or 5 with an experienced investigator taking the lead. They have rigid protocols for checking in and out via radio during night expeditions. Someone would have to work awfully hard to make a mistake like that, in my opinion.

Yeah they don't allow guns for the exact reason that even though people "claim" they are experienced in the outdoors they are often not ready for walking in the forest with little or no lights and putting themselves in vulnerable positions. I've seen many of these so called "experienced outdoorsman" who go out hiking with machettes, knives, snake guards, etc. The hunters are often the worst. Take away their ability to carry a gun and they feel completely vulnerable.

It's sort of funny actually.

Experienced Hunter on Expedition: "OMG What was that ?????"

Me: A chipmonk. You'll be fine.

Edited by rockiessquatching

I'm up to six or maybe eight. I've lost count.

They are all fun and like others, I've met some really great people with whom I continue to squatch with on a regular basis.

I probably won't do any more, but because of personal reasons and not because of anything that was done or said during the expeditions. They have all been top notch and well run and have zero complaints.

I would highly recommend them for anyone interested in the subject.

Guest baboonpete

I just dont see the point of paying that kind of money to do what you can figure out for yourself without having to cowtow to the man in charge....

I just dont see the point of paying that kind of money to do what you can figure out for yourself without having to cowtow to the man in charge....

Well if you already know it then feel free to let us in on all the knowledge.

Cowtow? Hmm, okay. Based on that statement, it's obvious you haven't attended so I will enlighten you a bit. Participants can do as much or as little as they wish. They are not required to do anything if they don't wish and that was the case during the last expedition. One participant decided he would hang out at base camp the entire trip. The fee does keep out the riff raff that are more of a distraction than those who are truly there to learn. It serves a purpose and is effective.