Woodknocks

Guest Cervelo

Guest Kerchak

With all due respect rockinit, there is no need to squash conversation by demanding evidence catalogued by science. You know there is none at the moment. So do I and everyone else here.

But, why try and limit the debate for some with demands for such?

Some people just want to come here and talk about or relate their perceived experiences they associate with BF.

And, the main purpose of this forum is to present to them the opportunity to do so. Every thread can't resolve to a *show me the body* or *demand for physical evidence* standard and foment conversation. In fact, it actually inhibits it.

I'm beyond being miffed that each and every thread here has to devolve into a debate between evidence and proof. Can't some people just come here and relate their experience or discuss the subject at hand without calls for proof that those of you more skeptically inclined know full well doesn't presently exist?

Hear hear. Well said. It often makes me wonder why on earth some posters bother to peruse the boards and post on this forum with such an attitude.

With all due respect rockinit, there is no need to squash conversation by demanding evidence catalogued by science. You know there is none at the moment. So do I and everyone else here.

Some people just want to come here and talk about or relate their perceived experiences they associate with BF.

And, the main purpose of this forum is to present to them the opportunity to do so. Every thread can't resolve to a *show me the body* or *demand for physical evidence* standard and foment conversation. In fact, it actually inhibits it.

I'm beyond being miffed that each and every thread here has to devolve into a debate between evidence and proof. Can't some people just come here and relate their experience or discuss the subject at hand without calls for proof that those of you more skeptically inclined know full well doesn't presently exist?

Thank you Sir, and Congratulations! You have just won a bottle of Branco's Homemade Scuppernong Wine. Excellent for drinking plus an awesome Bigfoot bait.

Guest Cervelo

Yeah guys and gals it has become quite disappointing on the bfro sire there's no coloring outside the lines and here it seems every discussion ends up in some prove biggie is real or prove he's not real. I'm a skeptic by nature but I can tell you what I had an experience with was on two feet and it wasn't a man. My question to the people here who jump in with the prove it's real, show me the body blah blah blah....

Why are you here wasting your time and others? Why are

you here if your not open to the concept that there might be an unknown and even if there is no Bigfoot. I quite frankly can't think of a better way to spend your time hiking and camping in the great outdoors! So anywho if you have any woodknocks/gunshot you'd like to share please let me know.

Thx

I wonder if an woods knocking reports are actually another group of researchers hearing the first groups attempts to communicate with Sasquatch and just don't know it. So in turn they reply and the first group believes contact has been made so they reply and the second group thinks likewise. I know sounds a little Saturday morning cartoon like but seriously think about it.

Guest Cervelo

Here's a gunshot that doesn't leave much doubt about what it is, but what are the yells?

Hey thanks couldn't get it to load somthing about server not configured properly

Guest Cervelo

I wonder if an woods knocking reports are actually another group of researchers hearing the first groups attempts to communicate with Sasquatch and just don't know it. So in turn they reply and the first group believes contact has been made so they reply and the second group thinks likewise. I know sounds a little Saturday morning cartoon like but seriously think about it.

No doubt something you may find of interest in va they still allow hunting with dogs I use to be what is called a driver this person would walk behind the dogs and sort of keep them going in the right direction each driver had his own call so you got to know who's call was who. Let's just say I can do a pretty good whoop have never had one returned but maybe some day!

Nobody in this thread has said that they have lured an unknown hominid towards them by knocking wood together. The debate here is if someone could mistake other sounds, such as gunshots or chopping wood with an axe, for the sound made by two pieces of wood being hit together.

only point I made was wood on wood is different than various types of gunshots.

So anywho if you have any woodknocks/gunshot you'd like to share please let me know.

Thx

I think this one could go either way.

Knocks 0828hrs 5-4-08.mp3

But this one is very close range and lower volume with two different knocks. The second one sounds like two hands clapping. This recorder was hanging on the backside of a tree with a camera trap on it watching a couple catfish strung up in a tree about 10 yards in front of it. Humans just don't behave this way around cameras and bait in the middle of the night.

River camp knocks-0053hrs5-4-08.mp3

• Upvote 1

SY, the first one definitely sounds like gunshots, but the other one sounds like a wood knock answering rocks being hit together.

brilliantly put HRP , couldnt have said it better myself. there is no hard core proof as of yet,at least not any made public so far. with the general attitude being "oh yeah?>PROVE it! " i wager many with something to offer see these threads fall into a p!$$ing match spiraling downward & simply move on without contributing at all.

as far as woodknocks & gunshots,well i know the difference, even noticed the difference between hammer striking wood & wood striking wood....helps to pay attention..let some of those knocks ring out at close range to you,that gets interesting. ;)

Edited by slicktrick

I am not a field researcher, and have no experiences with woodknocking, but I have a woodknock question: In the opinions of all participants, what does one listen for in woodknocks that may differentiate a true sas woodknock (assuming that they do engage in this behavior) from a human's woodknock? What are you guys and gals listening for that makes you think, "This probably is not some rural human denizen simply rapping in response?"

Alot of the knocks I've heard were not in response to anything we did, they just happen. The circumstances of when and where they come from suggests an extremely odd behavior for a human. There is no quality to them that would be all that different from a human whacking a tree with a hard stick or bat.

Guest Cervelo

I think this one could go either way.

Knocks 0828hrs 5-4-08.mp3

But this one is very close range and lower volume with two different knocks. The second one sounds like two hands clapping. This recorder was hanging on the backside of a tree with a camera trap on it watching a couple catfish strung up in a tree about 10 yards in front of it. Humans just don't behave this way around cameras and bait in the middle of the night.

Very cool sounds close and that's not gunfire. Sounds a lot like rocks or a clap.

Thx

River camp knocks-0053hrs5-4-08.mp3

Can't get the sound files to work. User error on my part, I am sure. Machines and I quite often do not get along.

So the curious times and places of the knoocks are indicative of their having likely/possibly come from sasquatch.

Maybe I missed something previous in the thread (wish I could review it easily while typing a reply) but does anyone have recordings of curious Sierra Sound-esqe screams/whoops/whistles accompanying the knocks?