Woodknocks

Guest Cervelo

Here's another one that I found. It's about 3 years old, & I don't remember anything about it, but it sounds like the knocks that hit the building behind my house. I've never heard one "in the wild", but it seems that they use them here as some kind of siqnal, unless they are just messing with me.

The signals are usually not very loud, & almost always there will be at least three, just a few seconds apart. There will be one behind the horses' pond, one way to the south on the fence row, & another from the east in the neighbor's woods. Occasionally there will be 4 or 5, but not often.

I think this one was knocking to me because of the yell that happened at the same time. They don't knock & yell at each other at the same time, when they are trying to be sneaky.

Edited by Sasfooty

Here's a gunshot that doesn't leave much doubt about what it is, but what are the yells?

Attached File(s)

* Attached File DW_B0691yell.boom.wav (1.01MB)

Number of downloads: 14

Sasfooty is this one of your own recordings? I have heard this almost exact setup before in person that is why I am asking. I never recorded it but it is interesting to me the similarities.

Yes, it's mine. If I posted one that wasn't mine, I would explain that it wasn't.

It was about 10 pm, & raining. I had heard a couple of other yells, so I started the recorder, & got that. After I heard the shot, I turned it off immediately & went outside to see if I could find out where the shot came from. You can't tell directions when using the bionic ear. It seemed really close & I was afraid someone had shot at one of the BFs. I never heard anything else.

Edited by Sasfooty

Thanks Sasfooty. I heard similar to that, actually almost the exact same in NB Canada. Only major difference was that there was another scream after the shot which was followed up by 2 more shots in rapid succession. Oddly enough though it all started from hearing wood knocking.

I have heard plenty of gun shots and wood on wood. I am new to this and I can tell the difference. I have neer been one to buy into wood knocks being Bigfoot related. Has there ever been a witness report of a Bigfoot wood knocking?

I have heard plenty of gun shots and wood on wood. I am new to this and I can tell the difference. I have neer been one to buy into wood knocks being Bigfoot related. Has there ever been a witness report of a Bigfoot wood knocking?

Not that I know of. I do know of witness reports of people-looking-for-Bigfoot wood knocking.

ASAP_LIFESTYLES_HUNTING_BIGFOO.1_06152006_IH6VF0R.jpg

Woodslore,

There was another yell on the original recording about 20 seconds before the last yell & shot, but I cropped it off to make the file smaller. There could have been knocks that night, but I couldn't tell the difference between knocks & rain dripping on the metal roof.

Edited by Sasfooty

John, on the old BFF there was a thread titled " I saw woodknocking" where some guy came on there and said he not only saw a bigfoot but watched it flush a **** out of a tree as it whacked the tree with a stick. The BF reportedly pounced on it after it fell to the ground.

That is one of the very few reports I know of where someone claimed to see one do it.

Can't get the sound files to work. User error on my part, I am sure. Machines and I quite often do not get along.

So the curious times and places of the knoocks are indicative of their having likely/possibly come from sasquatch.

Maybe I missed something previous in the thread (wish I could review it easily while typing a reply) but does anyone have recordings of curious Sierra Sound-esqe screams/whoops/whistles accompanying the knocks?

notgiganto,

I will post a few things for you this evening so get your audio fixed, but yes, there has been whoops, knocks and banshi screams recorded on the same night and in the same area. Keep and eye on the file names of the audio I provide, they have the dates and times in them. The audio events are spread out throughout a single night so not sure if you would qualify that as being accompanied.

I think this one could go either way.

Knocks 0828hrs 5-4-08.mp3

But this one is very close range and lower volume with two different knocks. The second one sounds like two hands clapping. This recorder was hanging on the backside of a tree with a camera trap on it watching a couple catfish strung up in a tree about 10 yards in front of it. Humans just don't behave this way around cameras and bait in the middle of the night.

River camp knocks-0053hrs5-4-08.mp3

Here's a few more audio files to mull over from the same night/ weekend.

This one is a response to a call blast. The first three howls are the broadcasted calls and the fourth and fifth calls coming from something else in response. It sounds to me like there could be some knocking mixed in with the response.

Ohio Response 2202hrs 5-03-08.mp3

Later that same night these whoops were recorded.

Whoops 5-04-08 0227hrs.mp3

Here's a filtered version of the whoops.

filtered whoops 5-3-08.wav

Then at 03:38 am this creature walks up and coughs near this recorder. This audio event was over 30 minutes long, so it is a compilation of the most telling parts. It had stopped at the recorder because there was peanutbutter smeared on the side of a tree as bait and it scented it and began to lick it off the tree.

walkup and coughing 0338hrs 5-4-08.mp3

Then, after day break this recorder picks up this unusual call at 08:08 am. We call it "what the heck". B)

What the heck 0808hrs 5-04-08.mp3

Edited by southernyahoo

With all due respect rockinit, there is no need to squash conversation by demanding evidence catalogued by science. You know there is none at the moment. So do I and everyone else here.

But, why try and limit the debate for some with demands for such?

Some people just want to come here and talk about or relate their perceived experiences they associate with BF.

And, the main purpose of this forum is to present to them the opportunity to do so. Every thread can't resolve to a *show me the body* or *demand for physical evidence* standard and foment conversation. In fact, it actually inhibits it.

I'm beyond being miffed that each and every thread here has to devolve into a debate between evidence and proof. Can't some people just come here and relate their experience or discuss the subject at hand without calls for proof that those of you more skeptically inclined know full well doesn't presently exist?

Absolutely correct HR and thank you!! We may actually begin to see some postings from folks that have been holding back for fear or ridicule and unwanted debates!

SY - There may be some knocks mixed in with the first Ohio clip. Or more coughing from some of the awful yells you got in response. I have to say that the coughing clip is most intriguing. The first cough sounded like a smoker's cough, then as whatever it was got closer, it definitely sounded a bit less (normal) human. Actually it kind of sounded like the coughing of a dog struggling against it's leash. So now we may know what a sasquatch choking on peanut butter sounds like. ;)

I remember reading a report on the BFRO site from a hunter in CO that observed a bf use a piece of wood to strike a tree. It was posted last year and the witness did make himself available on the public forum and answered a few questions. Report number is 27075. UPs

You're welcome cervelo, :) I do believe in making the raw data available to people, it helps balance a persons perspective on this subject.