Finding Bigfoot Va

gigantor

Admin

They wouldn't make a whole TV show out of it if it wasn't real... :D

Guest wudewasa

Ahh yes, Animal Planet remains steadfast, upholding scientific integrity and promotes quality programming that centers on nonhuman faunal subject matter, instead of lackluster and sometimes dysfunctional human behavior for entertainment purposes.

BFF Patron

That's just pixelation because there's a tree branch in front of it's face. I see it's arms swinging and everything...

post-338-083871900 1328675609_thumb.jpg

Cool......you mean the tree branch that hovers in midair, right in front of his face/head and follows him from streambank to streambank....... wow! More rare than BF! This has got to be a good show laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to the analysis of the kid that is picked up......and the eyes that are seen. biggrin.gif

Edited by bipedalist

SSR Team

I am utterly amazed that both the BFRO & Animal Planet used this video for an episode.

All that ATV noise, what can I say, Bigfoot is drawn to it.

I'm thinking they don't like the sound of the engine exhaust and that it may sound similar to them as a animal roaring around in their territory since there are a lot of reports of bf raging around people on atv's. As for this clip it's inconclusive to me and possibly a fake considering the circumstances but if that was a bf then it appeared to possibly not like the sound of the atv where it wanted to leave because of it and the person coming it's way.

If you watch the full clip, it never stops to pick up anything. All this "enhancement" of pictures and video just makes blobs and shadows even worse. I promise if you take a digital photo of a forest or shopping mall - doesn't matter - and blow it up, you'll see shapes and faces in all the blur if you look hard enough.

Anyway, the guy on the ATV is very close to the object, but he just stands and points calmly? No way. I have not seen a bigfoot, but I heard what I beleive to be a bigfoot vocalization and I go the hell out of there as fast as I could. No way was I standing around saying "what was that" all calm and collected. Had I seen this thing cross the river, I'd probably jump off the ATV and run on water. I think this video is a total set up.

Admin

Tex, he was probably calm because he was on an ATV, he knew he could outrun it and that must of given him confidence.

I agree.....blobquatch.....but the kid's reaction "what was that!?" seems more natural than other videos which seem to be more contrived.

Anybody have any more info on the filmers?

Is it another case like the "Ohio tree shaker" where - come to find out - they were BF interested prior to the film?

Admin

I'll look up the filmer later, but did you hear the Finding Bigfoot promo?

They are going to use "Ultra-violet Flashlights to attract bigfoot"!

Anybody ever try this before? why would ultra-violet radiation attract bigfoot?

Actually, I like this video in that the subject crosses the river fast, does not stumble or hesitate and doesn't seem to need its arms to balance, which is typical for those crossing in hard soles. An upright walking barefoot creature would cross rivers more like a bear than a human.

There does seem to be something reducing the contrast and density of the upper part of the subject all the way across the river... But even this fits when considering the ATV rider doesn't stand up on the vehicle to see better but kind of looks under something between him and the subject.

Also, it looks like it could be a fair distance away from the rider, indicating it was rather large and bulky. I don't see anything of a guille suit, it is darker than anything around it and nothing seems dangling or frayed.

So the intrepid foursome have a new secret search method they are going to employ... Maybe they are going to use my camera zip line idea.

I used an ultraviolet laser, line generator and reagent spray on a monster quest episode... Why would ultraviolet light attract a primate? My dogs don't react, apes in the zoo didn't react... Now bugs like it a lot... Flowers glow in it and they are attracted to specific frequencies. An ultraviolet flashlight has very little output, not like my blue ray led laser that can cut black jeans like a razor blade. When are they going to come up with something original? It was Dr. Grover Krantz who proposed gathering hundreds of people, holding hands and walking a section of land to search for Bigfoot, no matter what crazy name MM wants to give it... I believe British police also did it in an old werewolf movie and the air force still does it to police their runways in the morning, even on aircraft carriers.

Reagent was sprayed on objects that an animal might touch and then transfer it to another surface, with either hands or feet. In camp, the reagent was sprayed on objects around that might interest something to handle. The blue ray disc player laser diode was DIY built into a small aluminum flashlight and powered by a 9 volt battery and driver circuit. The line generator is a transparent glass filter with 1/16" ridges on the outside. This spread the beam cheaply to cover more area and safe it from burning inadvertently. Yellow Saftey glasses enhanced the reaction of the reagent to the ultraviolet laser light.

Guest Twilight Fan

How is it that in the 21st century, with all the digital camera phones, ipods and HD image camcorders with incredible ZOOM abilities that no one...and I mean not ONE SINGLE PERSON, is able to capture a clear and close up image of Bigfoot for longer than 2 seconds? Maybe he doesn't exist.

Mountain gorillas are also great at staying hidden, but trackers can find them because they know what they're looking for. All animals leave behind some sort of physical evidence that can be tracked. It just seems strange to me, if BF is real, why no one in all the years he's been "sighted"...has been able to do this.

Admin

That is the $64K question TF. I agree it probably doesn't exist, but what of all the witnesses? we have many witness members here, and not all are hoaxers or crazy. Heck, you've interacted with many. That's why I'm here, something is going on.

DDA, "Why would ultraviolet light attract a primate?" you didn't quite answer that, or I'm too dense to get it from your post above, but I know that if anyone knows the answer or can shed some light on the subject, it's you. Please expand.

Thanks.

Edited by gigantor

Guest Twilight Fan

Yes, it's really mysterious that so many people are seeing this creature. Yet, how can NO ONE have captured it on video by now? I'm talking video that is less than 200 feet away, not blurry, no blobs, and more than 30 seconds of "footage"...I'm not saying I don't believe in Bigfoot. I honestly don't know if he exists or is a mistaken identity case, or a hoax.

It's hard to say that when there have been SO many people claiming they saw him, without a shadow of a doubt. If he IS real, I just wish more evidence (and better videos) were around by now. But perhaps, it's better for Bigfoot that none have. So he can remain in hiding, in peace from the cruelty of humans...

Admin

I think part of the answer is that most people don't go out into the woods with a head cam, recording full time, looking to film a BF.

I don't know if you've ever been on the woods looking for one, I have many times, ready with a camera around my neck. That is when I realized how difficult it is. Most encounters are what, 7 seconds, maybe 10 seconds? You can't even get the camera up to your eye, aimed and your finger on the trigger that fast.

Then there are claims of 5 minute sightings, but no camera, which is plausible in some cases.

So it's a problem, that's why we see the finding bigfoot crew rolling tape all the time while they are out there. Give them credit for that.

Edited by gigantor

Good question but not really too hard to understand if you have ever watched behind the scenes on documentaries or shows like "Gorillas in the Mist". It takes a very long time to initially get close to wild gorillas... They don't like to sit out in the open, especially when they think something threatening may be close at hand. We they do finally get comfortable enough to sit out from the bush, that is when the people with the good cameras get brought in. Consider it conditioning them beforehand.

As far as unfocused... In brush, there are specific areas that fall into 'focus on me ' areas. Moving the camera around just confuses the electronics.

If all else fails it is off to a canned photo animal farm.

The Patterson creature crosses the screen faster than a bear would have. A wolf would probably be faster and even blurrier. I know one cinema photographer who would buy rattlesnakes, take them out to a field in Colorado where he sees hawks perched and sets up several cameras and lets them roll. All prefocused on the hawk perched,mthe snake on the ground and he has one hand held to catch the flight... But he can get the flight at anytime later.

I know another photographer who puts reptiles and insects in the refrigerator to get them to slow down, brings them out in a set and photographs them then. Sometimes he uses an ultraviolet light on flowers to attract insects he has setup. The uv invisible behind the insect.

There are a lot of tricks to the trade... It isn't fair to judge non pros in what they come back with. A cell phone has a very small camera and to seriously degrade the small optics takes nothing but your hot breath fogging it a little or your finger touching it to blur the image. Then you have the time lag in digital cameras, at least with the low end versions. What you think you have in focus and centered up doesn't get imaged... It's what is visible a second later after pressing the shutter button.

There are many other factors as well. It takes practice to pan successfully on a moving object, especially if zoomed in. Many people also think they can use the electronic zoom to get even closer images, when all they are doing is reducing the amount of pixels in the finale image.