Finding Bigfoot Va

gigantor

Guest Twilight Fan

@ Gigantor - Difficult to film shouldn't mean IMPOSSIBLE to film. Heck, people have filmed one of the most elusive creatures to exist; the giant squid! If not caught on film, other evidence should surely have shown up by now. Dead bodies, bones, something concrete! (For those who claim BF buries their dead, that is just a guess...not a fact.

If you think about all known animals, correct me if I'm wrong, they all have left behind some form of remains that scientists have collected. Even the dinosaurs! - 65 million years ago, left their bones in the sand for us to find. How can a living being have not a single bone FRAGMENT to show for its supposed existence? It just seems crazy when you think of it that way...Highly unlikely.

@ DDA - Patterson Bigfoot was not a bear, for sure. But it could of course be a man in a suit. The image is still too far away and too grainy to rule that out.

Admin

Thanks DDA. I see all that, but why would a bigfoot be attracted to an ultraviolet light source? I just don't understand that part.

That is the "unique technique" the finding bigfoot crew used for the show to be presented this week.

Edited by gigantor

How many species are there?

newparrot@body.JPG

There are approximately 4,500 species of mammals, 5,500 of amphibians, 8,000 reptiles, 10,000 birds and 30,000 marine species currently recognised by science, and that doesn’t include the untold numbers of invertebrates, bacteria and smaller beings (it is believed that there are 15000-20000 species of butterfly).

On average, 2 new species of fish are found every week, and it is thought that the jungles of the world contain many more amphibians and reptiles than have yet been named. Even now we still get a few new bird species discovered every year, and, amazingly, new species of mammal are still found occasionally.

New discoveries

Recent finds include a new Genus of monkey in Tanzania, a new parrot and forest mouse on a small Philippine island, a 'hairy' lobster (This was a whole new family, not species), a new snake in Vietnam, 5 new frogs and a new newt in Laos, a new stingray in Thailand, a new monkey in India, an unusual spitting spider in Madagascar that lives in family groups, and new sharks off Mexico and Indonesia. Borneo is a hotspot for new discoveries; from 1994-2004 361 new species were found there: 260 insects, 50 plants, 30 fish, 7 frogs, 6 lizards, 5 crabs, 2 snakes and a toad.

That is from

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/news/*:newspecies&template=new_species#cr

Edited by JohnC

Guest Twilight Fan

I unfortunately missed this week's episode :( And last week's. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they didn't find Bigfoot ;)

@ JohnC - Sure, new species are always being discovered. But they're all pretty small. I mean, finding a new type of spider is on an entirely different boat than finding a 9-foot ape in North America.

Edited by Twilight Fan

DDA, "Why would ultraviolet light attract a primate?" you didn't quite answer that, or I'm too dense to get it from your post above, but I know that if anyone knows the answer or can shed some light on the subject, it's you. Please expand.

Thanks.

Sorry. Primates cannot see ultraviolet light any better than we can. Nocturnal primates have adapted to see more at night by collecting as much as they can with big eyes and special reflective membranes. There is no natural ultraviolet light at night. It comes from the sun. Plant and animal life that utilize ultraviolet light do so for sex or food. Flowers evolved to glow in it to attract those insects that will collect and transfer pollen. Most that do glow from uv are yellow in white light. Some have yellow areas but are predominately another color like blue or purple, the opposite... Making the target even more obvious.

I saw no reaction at all from gorillas to my blue ray flashlight laser. I didn't test it on other primates or apes though. I tested it in daylight of course. Video cameras cannot even see the full power of it unless a yellow filter is placed over the lens... Let's see what the new show does with it.

@ DDA - Patterson Bigfoot was not a bear, for sure. But it could of course be a man in a suit. The image is still too far away and too grainy to rule that out.

This was meant to illustrate that it would probably have been more in focus, sharper, had it been a bear.

Admin

I see. I'm gonna have to watch finding bigfoot this week to find out what they do.

Maybe they're thinking that bigfoot likes a certain type of plant which glows when radiated by ultraviolet light, and has adapted big eyes that can see them in order to distinguish them more easily during the day.

Interesting... I'm not sure this will attract them to flashlights though.

Guest Twilight Fan

I think this is the premise for each new Finding Bigfoot episode: "How can we top ourselves THIS week, what will make our audience think we're even crazier and more hilarious ways than last week?" :lol: I honestly am starting to think this is true. That, their Animal Planet producers tell them to be as comical as possible with the dialogue.

I think they just half watched our episode, understand that police use the light source for forensic reasons and thought it might be a good gimmick for the show.

On another one of their shows I remember a conversation between Renae and Cliff about fingerprints on rocks. I read a white paper on the FBI obtaining finger prints off a cigarette butt, and I remember some chest beating by local police that their guys could get finger prints off a rock... But has it ever been done? Has it ever been used in court to prove someone broke a store window to rob it by way of latent prints on rock? Don't know... but it is another one of those statements that get made on this show repeatedly as if it is an absolute truth.

I am getting questioned daily now by people who know I hunt for the animal if all the things this show portends is true or not. I tell them anything they say about Bigfoot, it's known behavior or motivations, is just their opinions, and that it is unfortunate that they mislead people in this respect... Trying to sound authoritative by stating nonsense as fact... I though groups like this only came in threes (stooges, brothers). Lol... Just joking, I like all these guys but I don't like what they have been saying on camera. They should at least put up some network disclaimers... Like kids, don't tie a ham hock to your backpacks, while walking through the woods at night, screaming for Bigfoot to come get its picture taken.

Also... Say you get a thermal reading of something pretty big up close... What would you do? I would have in my hands a camera set at a hyper focal distance with a flash and fire in its direction... None of the team are carrying cameras, even in daylight. So just what are they going to do if they see one? Rely on the camera men? If that's so, then the camera men will own the images. That would be a silly slap in the face now wouldn't it.

Edited by damndirtyape

BFF Patron
.....Yellow Saftey glasses enhanced the reaction of the reagent to the ultraviolet laser light.

Sure hope those babies have good uva/uvb protection......isn't it dangerous to be looking at uv lasers without proper protection?

Admin

Tonight, during the show... come comment during commercials, etc.

Be here or be square. :music:

Edited by gigantor

Guest Bipedal Ape

Ok heres a summary of tonights episode (I have not seen it yet):

The BFRO team meets up with the guy who shot the video, they try to recreate it.

Bobo, Cliff and MM declare it is a squatch. Renae says it could be a person.

1st night investigation: "did you hear that"... "thats a squatch"

End of 1st night investigation 1 of the team decides to stay there while the rest go to the town hall meeting.

Town hall meeting: bunch of people share their story

The team take a few stories and recreatethem stating how there is no doubt what the witnesses saw was a squatch. "typical bigfoot behaviour"

They meet back up with the other team member who brings absolutely no evidence from the last few days camping out.

They do another night investigation. The team is split in 2. Both groups do a call. MM on the parabolic mic hears something, the team then walk towards each other to try to close in on the squatch.

"**** it got away"

Show conclusion: "We have seen lots of evidence that sasquatches are indeed in this area"

Admin

:nono: No trolling please, it is against the forum rules.

Thanks!

Edited by gigantor

Admin

Coming up in 5... can't wait for their new technique to be explained.

Well?Wwhat do we think so far?

I call BS on the vid. The reaction of the witness to being called out said everything to me...

And the poor camera person who had to go into that hole before MM should get hazard pay.

Edit to add: Be the Bigfoot.

Don't run in the woods Ranae. You'll put your eye out. And break something.

Edited by notgiganto