kitakaze

Would A Good Recreation Of Patty Affect Your Belief In The Pgf?

Would a Good Recreation of Patty affect your belief in the PGF?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bill

Kit:

Thank you for providing that info on Mr. Vulch.

Bill

kitakaze

You're welcome and I'm happy to provide you what you were looking for. I can now say I know a respected FX artist who endorsed Blevins' amateur effort. You said...

"Blevins' effort would be far more credible as "pretty close" if perhaps one or several of those respected makeup artists would care to endorse Blevins effort and give their expert opinion that it was "pretty close"."

I know you don't just make things up and when you say something, you mean it. Thusly, you now consider Blevins' creation to be far more credible, yes?

Edited by kitakaze

kitakaze

ps; What did you show Mr. Vulich's for comparison ? If it's what you just presented here, does little for the credibility or quality of his opinion. If he was able to come to a conclusion based on the above, this quickly, sorry to say, suggests to me at least, an opinion of little value, to me.

This is from our Facebook exchange...

KK: Hey, John. Quick question - A guy I know in Kentucky spent three days and $242 dollars trying to recreate Patty from the PGF. Can you have a look and tell me what you would grade the effort from an FX artist point of view? He has no experience in suit making whatsoever, but I think he did a pretty good job in matching the dimensions and proportions of Patty.

JV: It's really hard to tell from the photos. The resolution is very minimal.

KK: Sorry. The suit itself is completely amateur. What I think is interesting in those images is how it matches the girth, arm length, and proportions of Patty. These images will give you an up close look...

(snip)

And this album...

(snip)

The images I shared with him are from Leroy's personal albums on Facebook showing Leroy beside the suit up-close in his living room and multiple pictures of him wearing the suit in his living room. They are crystal clear from only a few feet away. That was what John was looking at when he gave his opinion.

Edited by kitakaze

kitakaze

Yes, I'd have to agree with John. Three days, $242, never made a suit in his life, complete amateur, and 2/3 of the way there. When it comes to recreating Patty, no believer will ever be cup-is-half-full.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove religious terminology.

Bill

Did I say "I would find Blevins effort more credible if other makeup artists endorsed it"? No, I said, as a general concept, the idea that it's "pretty close" would be more credible if a makeup artist endorsed it. Fine, those who think it's pretty close will be pleased by your effort.

I'm not one of those who think his effort is "pretty close" so the remark doesn't lend any credibility of Blevins work to me personally. I still consider Blevins' suit a joke and I still consider the PGF something real.

There's an old saying, "stepping over dollars to pick up pennies" and in an intellectual, argumentative way, that's what you're doing here. Enjoy your pennies. They still won't add up to a dollar. The hoax idea is a dollar short and always will be.

I don't know Mr. Vulich, I don't know his work or his integrity and I won't speculate or judge. He's in your corner, fine. Use his remarks and opinions as you wish, and I'll be fascinated to see if you incorporate them in your final proof of your position.

I don't see any need to say more. My attention is on my goal, and that goal is solving the PGF mystery.

If you've got the solution, I'll be fascinated to see it. But the solution isn't anywhere in what you've posted here, so I don't see any point in this going further.

Bill

roguefooter

Yes, I'd have to agree with John. Three days, $242, never made a suit in his life, complete amateur, and 2/3 of the way there. When it comes to recreating Patty, no fundamentalist believer will ever be cup-is-half-full.

I dont know, I get the feeling he was being a little on the nice side given that you were speaking so positively about it. Ask him if he would publicly endorse the suit as being 2/3rd's the way there for your documentary and see what he says then.

Edited by roguefooter

xspider1

2/3?, wow. That's just slightly less than 67%. Now, in some schools, that's as high as a D. In most schools, that's basically an F. I.e., it doesn't count and you have to take that class over. :tease:

Sorry, even a 26 volume Encyclopedia of 67% recreations won't cut it. Belvins did sort of get in the ballpark with the dimensions. Heck, I could almost give that suit a 12 (out of 100).

Edited by xspider1

kitakaze

Did I say "I would find Blevins effort more credible if other makeup artists endorsed it"? No, I said, as a general concept, the idea that it's "pretty close" would be more credible if a makeup artist endorsed it. Fine, those who think it's pretty close will be pleased by your effort.

I'm not one of those who think his effort is "pretty close" so the remark doesn't lend any credibility of Blevins work to me personally. I still consider Blevins' suit a joke and I still consider the PGF something real.

Bill

My palpitating heart...

Oh, Bill, you pillow-talked me. I thought you meant these sweet words...

"Blevins' effort would be far more credible as "pretty close" if perhaps one or several of those respected makeup artists would care to endorse Blevins effort and give their expert opinion that it was "pretty close"."

Why, oh why, Bill didn't you mean what you said? It would be far more credible if one of those respected makeup artists would endorse Blevin's effort? One did! Vulich, John Vulich.

Doesn't lend ANY credibility? What happened to FAR more credibility?

Bill, you straight tricked me. :(

kitakaze

I dont know, I get the feeling he was being a little on the nice side given that you were speaking so positively about it. Ask him if he would publicly endorse the suit as being 2/3rd's the way there for your documentary and see what he says then.

I don't know, I get the feeling can't win for losing in Bigfootery. I know the game too well. Deny everything. Shut down everything that doesn't go down Bigfoot Reality Alley. Let's hear what one of these anti-PGF FX guys says. No way he's going your way. Oh. He went your way. He was just nice. Dismiss it, deride it, make it gone.

Munns will inform us. Munns will deliver us. Other people with more experience and opposite observations are inconveniences. UFO people shame us with their rain of evidence as we sit here with our hands in our pockets and one stank film, but our fringe belief culture is true and valid. Not everyone can just make this stuff up.

Accepting Patty looks like a suit to most people, including FX artists, is not an option. Fundamentalism allows no options.

SweatyYeti

I don't know, I get the feeling can't win for losing in Bigfootery. I know the game too well. Deny everything. Shut down everything that doesn't go down Bigfoot Reality Alley. Let's hear what one of these anti-PGF FX guys says. No way he's going your way. Oh. He went your way. He was just nice. Dismiss it, deride it, make it gone.

Munns will inform us. Munns will deliver us. Other people with more experience and opposite observations are inconveniences. UFO people shame us with their rain of evidence as we sit here with our hands in our pockets and one stank film, but our fringe belief culture is true and valid. Not everyone can just make this stuff up.

Accepting Patty looks like a suit to most people, including FX artists, is not an option. Fundamentalism allows no options.

Said....as kitakaze plays with his flawed Poser 7 skeletons and his Spiderman dolls....trying to somehow make Bob match Patty... :lol:

(Because not a single direct comparison of Bob and Patty shows them to be a match in certain key areas.)

Guest Wookie73

prove patty isnt a human. and respond when if someone points out your errors........

Bill

Kit:

The showman thing is getting lame and boring.

I responded above and what I posted there still stands.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Guest COGrizzly

So, let's say a suit is found. My guess is that someone would have to put that sucker on and take a walk at roughly the same distance...film it with an old 16mm camera, see if it matches the PGF. Even then, people who have actually seen one and are 100% sure of what they saw would not give 2 stinks about that suit or it's discovery. A confession? Same thing. Bob H, case in point. Even if the PGF is completely proven a hoax, there are still an abundance of witnesses that are 100% certain of what they saw. Even outside of our BFF world, I have spoken with 6 people over the years who are convinced at what they saw. Several had not even heard of the PGF.

ETA - One way or the other, the time that both Bill and Kit (among many others as well, Sweaty, etc) has put into this thing is astounding. Thank you both for the tremendous amount of hard work and time you have done.

Edited by COGrizzly

roguefooter

I love this. Question anything that Kit presents and get the same canned "Bigfootery" response. It never fails.

My opinion is based on the fact that you presented yourself as someone seeking praise for the suit, while constantly apologizing for it.

It only took him 3 days, it only cost $242, he had no experience in suitmaking, I think it looks pretty good don't you?, I think the proportions and dimensions match and everything.. After all of this how can he possibly tell you it sucks without thinking he's going to hurt some feelings?

Why not just simply present pictures and ask for an honest answer? What you're doing is pursuading him to give a positive answer. I raised three kids- I know the praise game all too well.

Edited by roguefooter