kitakaze

Would A Good Recreation Of Patty Affect Your Belief In The Pgf?

Would a Good Recreation of Patty affect your belief in the PGF?   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest LAL

I'd like to see Vulich's four year analysis of the Blevins suit.

Interesting (to me anyway) almost 50%, at this point, don't believe Patty is a bigfoot.

Guest krakatoa

I'd love to see an analysis by Vulich where he is fully aware of the context of the questions being asked, and it is apparent that he has spent more than just a moment of time studying the PGF & Blevins films.

I don't discount his opinion offered thus far. I just don't think he's offered up much more than an offhand remark on the subject in response to a loosely framed question, and therefore it affords little support for Kit's argument.

Many people have recreated the moon-landing footage without ever leaving the Earth. A cursury look from a disinterested party might glean a similar statement of "looks relatively close to me", but doesn't take away the fact that indeed, man has landed on the moon, nor does it offer significant weight to the argument that THE moon landing footage is fake.

In my opinion, many who believe PGF is a hoax are no less guilty of making declarative statements in the absence of firm supporting evidence as many of the PGF proponents. None of it is very helpful to an objective analysis of the issue.

Edited by krakatoa
  • Upvote 2

xspider1

The PGF can't been recreated? No, just it hasn't perfectly been recreated and it never will. Why not? Because you won't let it.

haha! It can't be done because We won't let it. That's too funny, kit! :sarcastic:

Look at this poll, believers, and ask yourself why anyone should care about raising a finger for a recreation for you.

So, we're back to it hasn't been done because nobody cares... riiiight! When the excuses for zero suits that approach the realism of the PGf Creature run out, just recycle the old excuses. Now that's some real progress!

You can see it...

893f2a77.png

And the elbows in the suit act the way they do in the PGF...

They do not!

Blevins+BF+Suit.jpg

Blevins can has jerky...

Wow! Do you think Blevins suit would have passed the sniff test for the past 45 years? I don't see any detail, just for starters. Where's the butt crack, the spine crease, the hair patterns, the toes, the hands, etc? I also want to know if he used arm extensions, which I doubt you could confirm. Every aspect of Blevins suit is word of mouth and I'm sorry, but I don't find Blevins credible. And I couldn't care less about his alleged budgetary/time constraints. If you are going to do it, then do it right. Not 2/3. Otherwise, it's just more excuses if you axe me.

Yes, G. Head to foot. I even eyeballed it if you have some word salad you'd like to throw at it...

Bigblevins1.jpg

Kit, don't you think their scales have to be correct before you can compare anything? EYEBALLING!!! Come on. Plus you don't even have their heights matched up. But that wouldn't scale them correctly anyway, would it?

Yes, 2/3 of the way there is pretty good for recreating Patty. When you be real and keep it in it's true context that it was made by a man in Kentucky who has no experience, has never made a Bigfoot suit in his life prior to that, has zero training, spent a piddly $242, and only three days. With only that, he was able to match Patty's dimensions, proportions, "inhuman" elbows. Pretty fricking awesome. Dismiss it, deride it, laugh at it, scorn it, hate it. You will never be able to change that a professional and respected FX artist did the exact opposite of what a lesser recognized FX artist guessed would happen and no fortean belief can take it away.

Fricking awesome?? Are we talking about the same suit/guy? Wow are you ever clutching. I doubt Vulich watched Blevins' videos and said anything positive about the suit. He thought Patty looked like crap, yet Blevins' monstrosity was awesome? :huh:

Personally speaking, I don't need Patty to be real to find the PGF interesting. I'm merely calling out invalid debunkery when I see it. If you are going to prove the PGF is fake then get on it. Otherwise, you seem far too concerned about PGF proponents. But how can you gauge this unless you provide something indisputable that gets denied by the footers? So far, you haven't done that. You are actually as guilty as anyone for supporting unsubstantiated claims. Then you have the gall to blame the believing footers for having their heads up their wazoos. Can't win for losing in bigfootery. ;)

It's all about context and I know if you'd ask John Vulich, he'd say the same thing.

Vulich endorsing Blevins??? If so, then I've lost major respect for his judgement. But that's just my humble, "objective" opinion. ;)

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To remove rekigious descriptions

Interesting (to me anyway) almost 50%, at this point, don't believe Patty is a bigfoot.

It is interesting..however it lacks options. None apply to my pov.

Such as : It would make no difference..I would still be undecided.

I did not vote.

PBeaton

kitakaze,

A question, how "tall" is the Belvins guy in the suit ?

Pat...

True. I belive the poll is designed in such a way as to have a bias in the results. I voted, but I think the answer most closely representing my feeling on the subject doesn't accurately reflect my feeling.

However, even with my concerns on the design, on a bigfoot-specific forum, I'm still surprised to see the distribution the way it is.

roguefooter

The problem with Kit's poll is that it's rediculously biased. The options are set up to make the skeptic look good and the believer look like a narrow minded idiot regardless of how they vote.

They're all written with Kit's preconceived notions on how believers think and rationalize. They couldn't possibly think any other way- that's why they're so rediculously specific. Nothing here was intended for people on the fence, so they were deliberately left out of the picture.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

Incorrigible1

The poll options are nearly as ridiculous as propping the Blevins cluster grope as anything remotely resembling PGF.

norseman
BFF Donor

I don't think the Blevin footage is anywhere near as compelling as the PGF. It's also forty some years newer than the PGF which means that while it may be a cheap suit? It still has modern technology on its side. I wonder what a 250 dollar modern suit would have cost to produce during the mid sixties? We have to be careful here in comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

I've said all along that the PGF COULD be a hoax if the proper expertise was employed in it's production. I flatly reject it was three cowboys and a Phillip Morris suit........ and while Kit has linked Roger to money I don't think that is the final nail in the coffin. WHO is behind the film artistically? That's the real question, and a question that I think hasn't even remotely been properly addressed by die hard skeptics.

The fact that a complete younger generation that wasn't even a thought during the 60's can still look at that film in wonderment and ask "what if", is in and of itself a testament to how good that film actually is. There is not another squatch film like it anywhere that remotely compares whether it was filmed yesterday or twenty years ago.

But I also understand that it's hard for people to believe that after thirty some odd years after the film we still haven't found one........if they are truly out there. Time is not on the side of the PGF, like the second coming of Christ, at some point and time the issue either fleshes itself out or not........it's simple logic.

xspider1

I frankly like this one better:

Me too. I think what happens to many Bigfoot videos is that the creators find out it is much, much harder than they thought. That's one odd thing about hairy, bi-pedal Humanoids; we are programmed to expect a lot in regard their realism - they are after all, somewhat like us. Then when the attempts look like a joke, just turn the 'serious replication' into a comedy and act like that's what was intended in the first place. :you:

SweatyYeti

Me too. I think what happens to many Bigfoot videos is that the creators find out it is much, much harder than they thought. That's one odd thing about hairy, bi-pedal Humanoids; we are programmed to expect a lot in regard their realism - they are after all, somewhat like us.

Then when the attempts look like a joke, just turn the 'serious replication' into a comedy and act like that's what was intended in the first place. :you:

Or, in the case of 'Bob-in-a-Morris-suit'....they YANK it from public view! :lol:

A Tribute to Blevins' fine work...

Blevs3.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 2

xspider1
:haha: Oh yeah! I forgot about the option of banning a fake Bigfoot from the Internet forever, due strictly of course, to a profound "lack of interest"! :gamer: Edited by xspider1