On The Hunt For Sasquatch With Tracker.

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Something just crossed my mind that I want to mention.

I've been to a couple of locations and have left meat (burgers/steak) sitting out in camp on the bbq overnight and while we check the area out.

I come back and nothing touches the food. I wonder why? We even had a wolf walk past our site last year (fresh tracks in the morning) and there was steak only 20ft. away.

It didn't touch it. I can't understand why. No coons, bears, wolf or any predator seems to like our cooking I guess :rolleyes:

Hey speaking of behaviour watch for this kind of activity. do you have IR or thermal camera or binnoc's? i don't but it would sure come in handy when they play hide and peek like in the link below.

Hey Rick, Maine is a great place to search. If i can I am going to try to get into the Andirondacks this summer/fall NY state. I am just across the border in eastern ontario. TJ and i got some great areas to search as well in the north country. :)

Guest toejam

Hey speaking of behaviour watch for this kind of activity. do you have IR or thermal camera or binnoc's? i don't but it would sure come in handy when they play hide and peek like in the link below.

Hey Rick, Maine is a great place to search. If i can I am going to try to get into the Andirondacks this summer/fall NY state. I am just across the border in eastern ontario. TJ and i got some great areas to search as well in the north country. :)

I've seen that clip before. Seems genuine going on the reaction from the younguns.

I carry a good pair of binoculars, an H2 Zoom unit with stereo mic extension, sony super night vision mini dv camcorder, brand new Bushnell 8mp Trophy Trail Cam, Canon 40D with 2 L series lenses (top notch), patience and perseverance.

All I need is opportunity.

Guest tracker

I've seen that clip before. Seems genuine going on the reaction from the younguns.

I carry a good pair of binoculars, an H2 Zoom unit with stereo mic extension, sony super night vision mini dv camcorder, brand new Bushnell 8mp Trophy Trail Cam, Canon 40D with 2 L series lenses (top notch), patience and perseverance.

All I need is opportunity.

Yea that's the trick and being ready when they do come snooping around @ 3am :)

Hey that mini cam that's IR right? what gen?

Guest toejam

Yea that's the trick and being ready when they do come snooping around @ 3am :)

Hey that mini cam that's IR right? what gen?

I've been caught off guard several times now. I don't know if others experience what I do but it's happened on several occasions now. I deny (naw it can't be) and it's cost me after I realized later what's happened. I hope I've learned my lesson.

This is the camcorder I picked up for a couple hundred bucks (good deal). Still like new too.

I'd like to know how to extend the IR. It works great in super IR mode but it slows the image down to a stutter.

http://www.videomaker.com/article/8666/

Guest tracker

I've been caught off guard several times now. I don't know if others experience what I do but it's happened on several occasions now. I deny (naw it can't be) and it's cost me after I realized later what's happened. I hope I've learned my lesson.

Hey come on TJ what happened to " all you needed was the opportunity"? What's wrong with an early morning wake up call with one in your camp? :D

Guest toejam

Hey come on TJ what happened to " all you needed was the opportunity"? What's wrong with an early morning wake up call with one in your camp? :D

Live and learn! I hope I've learned enough to get my ass outta bed next time :D

I've witnessed and photographed a plethora of wildlife in recent years.

Never have I been involved with an elusive creature of this magnitude.

Nobody said it'd be easy!

I'm sure the end result will be well worth the time money spent.

Come to think of it, it already is worth it! Just hearing the voice from very close has changed my life.

Guest tracker

Live and learn! I hope I've learned enough to get my ass outta bed next time :D

I've witnessed and photographed a plethora of wildlife in recent years.

Never have I been involved with an elusive creature of this magnitude.

Nobody said it'd be easy!

I'm sure the end result will be well worth the time money spent.

Come to think of it, it already is worth it! Just hearing the voice from very close has changed my life.

Hey no worries i am only ribbing :D Most wouldn't get out of bed especially unarmed to investigate a large intruder in their camp. At that point it's bad strategy, they got the jump on you all ready. Sure maybe look outside and record but at that point they have already decided to be aggressive.

Did you read the link to the report about the fisherman in my thread" Fear of Sasquatches" ? general section. Once they are in your camp things can get hairy in a confrontation. Better to let them snoop around and record it than the other possible outcomes? ;)

Guest tracker

Okay i just got back from a long trip north. it was sort of a moose/Bf scouting trip. You know kids looking for moose me looking for signs of Bf's. anyways here we go.

This is a very rugged area with lots of wetlands and large game.

DSCF0086.jpg?t=1304301359

I had to do some climbing on this trip, & i rediscovered i am not getting any younger. oh yea can you see any odd black shape up on the top? maybe a head or something lying down looking out up by that mid area clearing?

DSCF0093.jpg?t=1304301599

my boy spotted something he's got sharp eye's. my eye's must be getting old so i snapped off a few, you never know? I seen it also on appraoch but them when the cam was ready poof, hide and seek time.

DSCF0094.jpg?t=1304301830

okay time for the nitty gritty as i always say, am i getting predictable? nah. :)

maybe a right print or a dual moose print but the middle is not raised? hmm its about 2" deep. my print was only 1/4 " deep on wet ground, I am about 220 lb.

DSCF0058.jpg?t=1304302368

same right print? thats an odd shape about the mid point there, maybe slippery mud side or pivot action. hmm? my hunting knife is 15" long. 9" blade with 6" inch cherry wood handle with a brass protector i might add. :)

DSCF0056.jpg?t=1304302537

DSCF0057.jpg?t=1304303164

second print a left? or another dual mooser print. they may be trying to mess with old tracker?

DSCF0059.jpg?t=1304303122

okay the stride is about 50" from toe to heel. you can see my boys 12" rambo knife and my 15" bowie along side each print. the stride is very inline which i like to see. hoaxers always screw that part up. dry.gif

DSCF0060.jpg?t=1304303289

the pictures i didn't include were the ones with those pesky blackflies swarming me. ruining my focus.

Sorry no print casting on this trip, my kit is in our other vehicle.

Anyways i may lay off for a while, there's not too many hanging out in the field section these days? Maybe everyone's over in the general section debating whether or not Sasq like red or green apples? :huh:

tracker out for now. dry.gif

ps: yellow . IMO :)

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

Looks like double moose prints to me Tracker.

was thinking same, my son found them and showed alot of interest for once in old dad's hobby. in fact my daughter decided to try and draw some pictures of Bf's from descriptions i gave her as we were driving back. both started watching woods for Bf's and spotted 6 out of the 8 moose we seen. Hey it got them to unplug for a few hours at least. ;)

Guest toejam

was thinking same, my son found them and showed alot of interest for once in old dad's hobby. in fact my daughter decided to try and draw some pictures of Bf's from descriptions i gave her as we were driving back. both started watching woods for Bf's and spotted 6 out of the 8 moose we seen. Hey it got them to unplug for a few hours at least. ;)

It's good clean fun. Great stuff for kids. Nature rules.

Also better to have the extra eyes keeping watch ;)

Guest CaptainMorgan

I like your pics Tracker, thanks for sharing!

Those are some great areas and look like places you could cast some tracks if need be.

You carry casting stuff with you when you camp?

Guest tracker

I like your pics Tracker, thanks for sharing!

Those are some great areas and look like places you could cast some tracks if need be.

You carry casting stuff with you when you camp?

Yea i leave it in the back of my van, but the van was in for repair. so i took loaner on 3 hr trip up into the Algonquin area. :)

You've been itching to get up to Algonquin for like a yr. now...glad to see ya made it!! Sorry about the blackfly drama....benydryl is great, If you're not the driver!! LMAO!!!

Some of us do check this thread...but aren't qualified to post....DUHR!! So quit feeling down in the dumps....you are so appreciated!!

:D :D :D

To be honest I'd of walked past both those tracks...they just don't "register" with me. Well unless leaves or debris had been moved in a line down the trackway...so not being Aces at it I leave it up to folks with more experience. ;)

Guest tracker

You've been itching to get up to Algonquin for like a yr. now...glad to see ya made it!! Sorry about the blackfly drama....benydryl is great, If you're not the driver!! LMAO!!!

Some of us do check this thread...but aren't qualified to post....DUHR!! So quit feeling down in the dumps....you are so appreciated!!

:D :D :D

To be honest I'd of walked past both those tracks...they just don't "register" with me. Well unless leaves or debris had been moved in a line down the trackway...so not being Aces at it I leave it up to folks with more experience. ;)

Hey thanks GJ, I am not down in the dumps or anything, it's just the same old stuff, tracks, scat, weird tree stuff. I am looking for den's and or bones to tell you the truth. And if a big guy is around then sure i snap off some pics. Bones are easier to film they don't move as fast. :)