On The Hunt For Sasquatch With Tracker.

Guest tracker

It's because one cannot make out a subject in the photo, much less a BF.

If we are going to introduce photographic evidence of/for a sasquatch, one needs to at least be able to make out a subject in the photo so it can be evaluated. Think the Jacobs' photo, for example.

Is that too much to ask for within the BF community? I would hope not.

I'll point out the BFF isn't a research organization. It's a place to discuss all things Bigfoot. We have members and visitors from the experienced all they way to those who are merely interested.

Members are free to post whatever material they choose as long as it's within the guidelines & rules. While it would be fantastic to have a crystal clear photograph posted here first, it's unlikely as most photo's just aren't of that quality in general when it comes to Bigfoot.

I have also noticed in visiting many research sites they equally don't post clear BF pictures, and keep them in house if they do posess them. Why are you applying a double standard to this site? Just curious?

>The BFF is an independent forum dedicated to the discussion of the Bigfoot phenomenon. While the Forum is independent, it is owned and operated by the Centre for Fortean Zoology which is not a Bigfoot research organization and has no official ties to any Bigfoot organization.

> Please understand that the membership of this site is quite diverse. We have those who have dedicated large portions of their lives to the study and investigation of these animals side by side with those with just a lifelong curiosity in them. We have those who have had encounters and those who have not. We have housewives, hunters, those living in urban, suburban, and rural environments, government workers, public service workers (police, fire, and EMT), blue collar, white collar, those with PhD's and those with no formal education, men, women, and people from every part of North America and several other countries throughout the world (but there's always room for one more!). Therefore, the BFF is not of one mind, viewpoint, or experiential background. It is the thoughts, ideas, and opinions of all of its members that are its greatest strengths.

Guest tracker

No, you did not spot a "glitch."

Also, I did not say the MABRC invented the term. They acknowledge it, and apply it to the do's and don'ts of BF field research because there exists sasquatch enthusiasts who take matrixing to the extreme and spot a blobsquatch behind every nook and cranny. They not only make themselves look ridiculous, but they reflect poorly upon the BF community as a whole.

I would hope you are not one of those that take matrixing to the extreme.

nope, We have poor eyesight under the best of conditions in the woods. and they can blend really well. So take a picture and just maybe there's something there to investigate ? What they do with it afterwards is up to them not the Bf community.

As far as the Bf community who the heck is that? some regular people with web sites using the 411 they collect from witnesses and members to try to raise themselves above the others in the field? I 'll test my woodcraft (Bf) knowledge and survival skills against any of these guys in the field from any org in NA. We can even make it more interesting and wait for the bitter January weather and drop us all off in the deep bush and see who makes it out and with some Bf evidence?

Now there's a credibility challenge IMO dry.gif

Why are you applying a double standard to this site? Just curious?

I agree that folks are free to post pics within the site's guidelines, as I should be free to comment on those pics within the site's guidelines.

As to the assumption that I am applying a "double standard", you're assuming I don't think (and shake my head at) the same when I see blobsquatches on other sites. I've questioned individuals' photos outside of the BFF. Here's just one example of one particular person's photo, which takes matrixing beyond the extreme:

rg2.png

I'm certain this individual will eventually find their way onto the BFF.

Actually, I should go ahead and bait them this way so we all can be entertained... ;)

Guest tracker

I agree that folks are free to post pics within the site's guidelines, as I should be free to comment on those pics within the site's guidelines.

As to the assumption that I am applying a "double standard", you're assuming I don't think (and shake my head at) the same when I see blobsquatches on other sites. I've questioned individuals' photos outside of the BFF. Here's just one example of one particular person's photo, which takes matrixing beyond the extreme:

rg2.png

Actually, I should go ahead and bait them this way so we all can be entertained... ;)

Jeez that's alot of Bf's! maybe it's the monthly Sasquatch moot? biggrin.gif

I am just trying to promote the fact that Bf's are not all located in the PNW. And that anyone can be a researcher or have an encounter.

Why don't you post some of your pictures of some signs or evidence of Bf's?

Guest tracker

I've been watching TGB (Jim) for some time and believe he definitely has a great area.

I just wish it was closer to me. I'd be in there regularly if I could.

I hope to get in there within the next month.

From my experience, prime time squatch'n is right around the corner!

I've been checking in on Jim progress too. Sooner or later he's going to have a close up opportunity so i hope he holds his ground. biggrin.gif If not he can PM or email me and we'll see if we can pop over and do a night ops together and we'll get him his close up. Me i don't really care about filming I just want to touch one. Then maybe i'll be able to sleep more than just a few hours at night again?

cheers.

Whoo-Hoo!! That's a bucketload of red circles!! :blink:

Thanks for posting the "ultimate poster-child" of bad Bigfoot pics!! Altho it's been covered before folks have the least sucess with digital camera's. Between the load time, and auto focus what you need to get in the frame is either gone, or blurry. It's back to the old camera's like a Brownie for me, at least. :P

BFF Patron

rg2.png

Based on those initials in the frame, that researcher was registered on the old forum, don't know if they ever made it onto the new forum or not. I know some recent Biscardi action in the Northeast was in that general neighborhood and I think they came up empty for the nights they were there. Should have given them the "roadmap" of red circles in advance, makes things go smoother. ;)

Based on those initials in the frame, that researcher was registered on the old forum, don't know if they ever made it onto the new forum or not. I know some recent Biscardi action in the Northeast was in that general neighborhood and I think they came up empty for the nights they were there. Should have given the "roadmap" of red circles in advance, makes things go smoother. ;)

This certain individual (and I don't want to name any names) peruses Youtube looking for sasquatches in other people's videos. I believe they were perusing the YT account of that particular person's initials. This video still is just the tip of their delusional iceberg. There are many more from where that one comes from. Just ask my bro-in-law, Surveyor, about them. Again, I don't want to mention any names because I have no desire to publicly humiliate the person. I was simply utilizing their photo to make the point.

Whoo-Hoo!! That's a bucketload of red circles!! :blink:

Thanks for posting the "ultimate poster-child" of bad Bigfoot pics!! Altho it's been covered before folks have the least sucess with digital camera's. Between the load time, and auto focus what you need to get in the frame is either gone, or blurry. It's back to the old camera's like a Brownie for me, at least. :P

You should see the others... :lol:

Why don't you post some of your pictures of some signs or evidence of Bf's?

I don't have any worth introducing/presenting.

BFF Patron
I was simply utilizing their photo to make the point.

Pareidolia strikes deep, into your life it will creep........ :)

First of all it's a cool term. in the guidelines manual that's too funny lol biggrin.gif. That field tactic has been around and used in the field by soldiers and others long before MABRC or any other Bf org even existed. Is that fact not in their field book or are others trying to take credit for something the forces initiated?. Some refer to as Photo Recon. But it really depends on how the photo's are used afterwards.

So let them know over at MABRC that tracker spotted a glitch in their manual if Photo recon of an area is not mentioned. And the last time i checked this was the BFF.

So now they owe me one wink.gif

They are not trying to take credit for it, and in fact even said they did not come up with it at all. What they are trying to do is warn Bigfooters to be very, very careful when they do that so that they do not misidentify things as sasquatches that may not actually be sasquatches, and they offer some tips on how to do just that. They recommend that in order to keep from losing credibility in the Bigfoot community at large, and in the eyes of the general public, who seems to think we see a BF in every shadow or blurry spot anyway. That's all, it was no insult, but just a valuable piece of advice that we should all follow. Another great thing is to offer 2 of your pics side by side, with one of them outlining the subject to that others can see what you see.

Btw, photo recon is multi-faceted. Viewing the type of photos we are discussing here is only a very, very small aspect, and one that many times is not even used (depending on the objective). The majority of photo recon is accomplished with aerial photos and/or satellite imagery, with some horizontal type pics being used to ID targets, informants, friendlies, etc.

no that's ok, it's upper right behind the rock, some can see it some don't just like in real life.

Tracker, Did I do something to make you mad? I didn't question Bobby's pic at all. I just could not see the BF and want to see it. I did not criticize it or say that there is no BF in it. Is it wrong to ask him to draw a red line around it so I will know what I am looking at? I'm glad I'm not moody or shifty. A man is only as good as his word.

It's because one cannot make out a subject in the photo, much less a BF.

If we are going to introduce photographic evidence of/for a sasquatch, one needs to at least be able to make out a subject in the photo so it can be evaluated. Think the Jacobs' photo, for example.

Is that too much to ask for within the BF community? I would hope not.

I think that is exactly the kind of evidence we should be producing. This is not a research site, so everyone is definitely free to show pics that are exciting to them. A blurry pic or one taken from a long distance may represent years of searching and study, and I agree they should be able to post it, and I want to be excited with them! At the same time, I do not think it is too much to ask that they circle, outline, or point to the BF, track, etc., in this pic (if it is not obvious to some others of us) if they have the capability, so that all of us can join in and see.

I have also noticed in visiting many research sites they equally don't post clear BF pictures, and keep them in house if they do posess them. Why are you applying a double standard to this site? Just curious?

I assure you that there is no double standard from Rod. He is the same in regard to every site, every person, and every piece of evidence. He is ever harder on himself. Some of what he has cautioned about comes from prior experiences we have had at another forum where he got the pic with 15 0r 20 "sasquatches" circled. Trust me, that pic was mild compared to some of the other ones. Matrixing was the only non-psychological term that could be applied to what that person (and many others there) was doing. Of course that was an extreme example.

As far as the Bf community who the heck is that?

The Bigfoot community is collectively everyone who believes in bigfoot and actively participates in forums, reading books, articles, and website info, whether they are active in research or not. Researchers are also part of the BF community, but are a relatively small portion compared to the number who merely read and/or post on forums, or who merely read books.

Guest tracker

They are not trying to take credit for it, and in fact even said they did not come up with it at all. What they are trying to do is warn Bigfooters to be very, very careful when they do that so that they do not misidentify things as sasquatches that may not actually be sasquatches, and they offer some tips on how to do just that. They recommend that in order to keep from losing credibility in the Bigfoot community at large, and in the eyes of the general public, who seems to think we see a BF in every shadow or blurry spot anyway. That's all, it was no insult, but just a valuable piece of advice that we should all follow. Another great thing is to offer 2 of your pics side by side, with one of them outlining the subject to that others can see what you see.

Btw, photo recon is multi-faceted. Viewing the type of photos we are discussing here is only a very, very small aspect, and one that many times is not even used (depending on the objective). The majority of photo recon is accomplished with aerial photos and/or satellite imagery, with some horizontal type pics being used to ID targets, informants, friendlies, etc.

Tracker, Did I do something to make you mad? I didn't question Bobby's pic at all. I just could not see the BF and want to see it. I did not criticize it or say that there is no BF in it. Is it wrong to ask him to draw a red line around it so I will know what I am looking at? I'm glad I'm not moody or shifty. A man is only as good as his word.

No were cool, But this isn't the official BFF report intake thread. And I don't take kindly to hijackers trying to derail of my threads. Nor do i want other posters scared off from posting in my threads by members with itchy fingers that can't wait to quote the rules.

This thread is for members that want to come forward and post what they think could be a Bf or evidence of one? Without fear of being stomped on and run off. Which seems to happens in every forum but it's not going to happen in this thread without someones butt being kicked. Witnesses are afraid to come forward as it is, so we don't need any scoffics lurking in the weeds waiting to ambush the ones that do.

Now with that said please share with us some of your picture or vid evidence ? smile.gif

cheers tracker wink.gif

Edited by tracker