On The Hunt For Sasquatch With Tracker.

Guest tracker

Guest Thepattywagon

Is there any credible evidence showing they would do you bodily harm if you didn't vacate after being screamed at?

I understand the courage it takes to 'hold your ground', but isn't that the whole idea; to be close to them and obtain evidence or solid proof of their existence? Pucker factor aside, of course. :)

Tracker's last paragraph has me a bit confused because I don't recall reading any accounts of BF attacking campers/researchers because they refused to retreat from it's territory.

Guest toejam

If one screams at you, you'll be in for a treat! Also that usually means it (they) wants you out of their territory IMO. I wouldn't argue just pack up? and leave as calm as you can day or night. Because what good is any evidence if your not around afterwards? Unless of course you leave it for me to retrieve. Hey I'll try to remember to mention you guys in the credits and in my thank you speeches as i recieve my nobel and oscar OK? ;)

I agree that the scream means get out! So far I've had no aggression shown towards me in a number of situations.

Actually it's been quite opposite. More curiosity than anything.

I intend on living to tell my tales :D

Guest toejam

Something just crossed my mind that I want to mention.

I've been to a couple of locations and have left meat (burgers/steak) sitting out in camp on the bbq overnight and while we check the area out.

I come back and nothing touches the food. I wonder why? We even had a wolf walk past our site last year (fresh tracks in the morning) and there was steak only 20ft. away.

It didn't touch it. I can't understand why. No coons, bears, wolf or any predator seems to like our cooking I guess :rolleyes:

Guest tracker

Hey TPW I understand your point but what do you think they want when they are tring to break into your cabin or car, a big hug? :D

The police, rangers wouldn't advertised the suspect is a BF. It would be a possible bear attack if not a human culprit. Otherwise they wouldn't get much help announcing we after a dangerous Bigfoot would they. IMO.

I found this one first try. Bodily harm ones are kinda rare because who could survive to report it? Even hunters run after firing with no results. Anyways I am sure there's some out there though. ;)

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=1522

Tj, a black bear would of went for it but they don't hang in the same hood as the guys from the big smelly gang. The other critters might of sensed trap and avoided it.

Edited by tracker

Hey TPW I understand your point but what do you think they want when they are tring to break into your cabin or car, a big hug? :D

The police, rangers wouldn't advertised the suspect is a BF. It would be a possible bear attack if not a human culprit. Otherwise they wouldn't get much help announcing we after a dangerous Bigfoot would they. IMO.

I found this one first try. Bodily harm ones are kinda rare because who could survive to report it? Even hunters run after firing with no results. Anyways I am sure there's some out there though. ;)

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=1522

Tj, a black bear would of went for it but they don't hang in the same hood as the guys from the big smelly gang. The other critters might of sensed trap and avoided it.

Some predators will avoid cooked meat...they prefer it raw. Just a thought.

Guest tracker

Some predators will avoid cooked meat...they prefer it raw. Just a thought.

Hey so do I :)

By the way I like your J.C qoute, :D Just think of the fun we could have digging up and posting some of Bush jr quotes. :D :D

Guest tracker

Okay back on topic we go :)

Hell month ( black flies) followed closely by the tourist season is almost upon me. Not sure which one i dread more? both are equally annoying IMO. I am leaning towards getting back into the Algonquin area before it's over run with noisy campers. One prob is gas just jumped from $1.26 to 1.39 per liter and it was expensive at 1.26(easter holliday spike). On the other hand if i wait those baby blackflies i am seeing now will learn to bite very soon. The last spring i went up into that area this early i seen over a dozen moose so the kids will love that part.

We'll attack the park from the east at dawn! :)

can-map2.gif

Also here's a great link that may make you want to book a camping trip!

http://www.algonquin...ct/about_4.html

And don't forget to stop at the tradding post in Dwight or Madmusher restaurant in Whitney on the way in or out for giant sized burgers with swiss cheese, peppers, mushrooms and poutine fries and real ice creme shakes! mmm good!

MADMUSHER1.jpg

Anyways i'll post pics and any signs of Bf if i survive the battle.

tracker out. ;)

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

Opps i forgot about my kid going to a birthday party this weekend. Algonquin is going to have to wait sorry about that. Dang it ! it would of been a great time to go during a long weekend (3-4 hr drive one way). Anyways here's the comprimise I had no choice on dry.gif I went back up into the Cloyne area. I was hoping to pick up the trail from my buddy that left a few prints down near Tichborn. See earlier posts on these regions for the 411. Lot's of sightings and a few quality encounters. I figure the big bugger may start heading north now that spring is here and the area gets busy with tourist.

DSCF0006-2.jpg?t=1303517475

I did find something very interesting, a solo strong younger pine knocked over. It is in an area where there was some nearly dead ones still left standing. just in case your thinking wind?

DSCF0028.jpg?t=1303517605

okay maybe it's roots didn't have a strong enough hold. Still very odd with it being the only one?

DSCF0029.jpg?t=1303517912

As you can see were in the canadian shield region, which also means very hard to find tracks. And i wanted to find some bad so i could show off my new hunting knife :( Also on the way up we seen a group of geologist students testing for mineral deposites or what ever they were doing? :huh: Not sure if that would interest anyone here but some say the big smellies are attracted to sulfer deposites etc?

Okay time for some more wildlife pictures dry.gif

DSCF0010-2.jpg?t=1303519059

I tried to call this dog over but he wouldn't come? he was kinda big for a husky now that i think of it.

wolfinwater.jpg?t=1303519098

They say you need to be as smart as a fox to be a sniper

sniperrfox.jpg?t=1303519155

Geez it's getting more and more dangerous in the woods with each passing season.

With Tracker's next post i will need some help.

A friend of mine here at BFF knows my next search area well. So if she doesn't mind maybe she can provide the 411 on this beautiful rugged area called Bon Echo. What do you say Grayjay? I know how much you miss this area so i made a special trip further north to get some current pictures for you. :)

Once I hear from her i 'll post some pics and she can share with us some of the First Nation and Bf history. It's also a great place to camp. So until then tracker over and out. ;)

Guest toejam

This is my camp spot also in the Cloyne area given to me by a previous employer who has a cottage in the area.

The bush is very thick there. It's a great base camp location. We heard some very strange Squatchy type screams at 8am the one morning

as well as some strange howling going on every time a Barred Owl would call out. Hope to get back out there this year.

Seems like there's a Biggie walking through there but it's only a good buddy of mine :D

_MG_4489.jpg

Guest tracker

This is my camp spot also in the Cloyne area given to me by a previous employer who has a cottage in the area.

The bush is very thick there. It's a great base camp location. We heard some very strange Squatchy type screams at 8am the one morning

as well as some strange howling going on every time a Barred Owl would call out. Hope to get back out there this year.

Seems like there's a Biggie walking through there but it's only a good buddy of mine :D

_MG_4489.jpg

Hey thats a nice spot for an off the grid campsite. Is that the lake to the left? How far to your vehicles and town? You know what store in town I am talking about.;) Hey it it too rough and scary to bring your ladies on these camp trips? just wondering. The big guys like our women folk so you don't have to do much searching when they are around. just a tip. :)

Guest toejam

Hey thats a nice spot for an off the grid campsite. Is that the lake to the left? How far to your vehicles and town? You know what store in town I am talking about.;) Hey it it too rough and scary to bring your ladies on these camp trips? just wondering. The big guys like our women folk so you don't have to do much searching when they are around. just a tip. :)

Yes the lake is right there at camp. Awesome location. My vehicle is right next to camp so you can bring anything.

You're talk'n about the beer/liquor store I assume :D

Can always bring the better half. It's just getting her out there in a tent instead of a motel/hotel!

For sure the ladies and kiddies are good to bring along. Us old hairy faced dudes are less of a threat that way :blink:

Tracker, you'll get this location when we hook up. It's my gift to you :mellow:

You're close enough to utilize it regularly. I've used it twice.

Cheers

Guest tracker

Yes the lake is right there at camp. Awesome location. My vehicle is right next to camp so you can bring anything.

You're talk'n about the beer/liquor store I assume :D

Can always bring the better half. It's just getting her out there in a tent instead of a motel/hotel!

For sure the ladies and kiddies are good to bring along. Us old hairy faced dudes are less of a threat that way :blink:

Tracker, you'll get this location when we hook up. It's my gift to you :mellow:

You're close enough to utilize it regularly. I've used it twice.

Cheers

sounds good TJ, Hey how close are the neighbours in case we want to do some tree knocking or calling? don't want to scare them with an uninvited guest at their bbq. :o cheers back

Guest tracker

Okay here's some of the 411 on the area there's a few more but you get the idea. I should of taken a pic of that skootamata rd sign too it's in the Bon Echo region. Otherwise the terrain looks the same.

http://www.gcbro.com/CAont0008.html

http://www.gcbro.com/CANont0010.html

Okay Bon Echo time. this is a great region with lots of Bf activity. I visit some closed campsites on occassion because i think the big guys do too. Also unsure what going on with photobucket? I had to lock my security down because of poachers. i had a 1000's hits in a month. so your you may see some of my pics on the web or turn up in other places?

Okay grayjay i put some pics up and maybe you can share with us some 411 ?

DSCF0007-4.jpg?t=1303723076

As you can see oldman winter is still around and it's almost May. We had light snow a day or two ago. :)

DSCF0024-1.jpg?t=1303723143

solid ice, it's more impressive than it looks here. the light was shimmering off of it. we did some good hiking this day seen some old prints not worthy of casting or taking pics of. The big guys seem to like this area, behind this park is the province of Quebec. unlimited wild water and rough terrain for them to live and hide in. Anyone got a float plane they can lend me?

DSCF0025-1.jpg?t=1303723365

okay along this rock bluff called Mazinaw rock (lake) are some old pictographs painted by our first nations Ojibwe tribe.

DSCF0014-1.jpg?t=1303723672

220px-Upper_Mazinaw_Lake_Mazinaw_Rock.jpg?t=1303723997

bonecho4.jpg?t=1303724119

bonecho.jpg?t=1303724172

Bon_Echo_Petroglyph_nannubush_by_Goldring_bonecho.jpg?t=1303724209

I don't know much about these pictos I never take the guided tours. There's also some first nation legend on the big guys in this area. But it's not my place to go into that. Respect the customs and elders and maybe they will share their knowledge if your lucky?

It may be a while until my next post now that spring/summers is here but until next time? tracker out ;)

Edited by tracker

First off Nice pic of the entrance sign!! Don't know if you've been further north up Bancroft way, but it's a spectacular drive. Some seriously rugged country. :D

Besides shocked you found tracks down in the "flats" (thud!!) the ground conditions are such that any tracks are difficult to find. Unless BF is scuffing it's feet like a bored toddler...you aren't going to get good tracks in the leaves & pine duff...most of the rest consists of sheets of granite.

Second pic is of the lagoon? LOL!!! Some of the biggest tadpoles ever in there...and while you can't see it, that water is as clear as glass. You can see each pebble on the bottom till you get deep enough light won't penetrate. I was fortunate enough a few yrs ago to have seen a pair of Artic Loons way out of their normal territory on the lake.

The area & lake in particular is famous for paintings done by "The Group Of Seven" and was a artist-retreat for most of the early 19th century. Scottish Masons were brought in to carve a quote By Walt Whitman in the cliff-face. It was done away from the Native Rock-Art, but quite a feat as the Masons hung from the top of the cliff by ropes until it was finished.

I believe it's the McMasters art museum north of Toronto that's home to The Group Of Seven's work.

Now most of this is non-BF related info....LOL!! Sorry 'bout that as until I heard vocals while camping there I equally had no idea they were a "presence" in the area!! Tracker is 100% correct in that there is nothing but wilderness between there and the Quebec Border & beyond. With the exception of some logging operations the area isn't even "Cottage Country Proper" being considered too remote. Vehicle traffic is almost non-existant even during peak summertime.

Btw...on Rt 41 is a sawmill on the right? The Woman who owns it is just lovely & will gladly sell you firewood reasonably! She and her family have been kind enough to give us a insider's look at the neighborhood so to speak....(yes a shameless plug for a local business)

Guest Rick1901

Come on up to Maine I have a ton of woods that hasn't seen a human in a hundred years!!

Thanks tracker. I never really worried about that because I always go prepared, if you know what I mean. That is, until the trip to the Savage river dam. It's near WV and PA, not much out there and very rugged country.

We were scouting the dam outflow creek and I gotta tell you, it was spooky even during the day. The forest is so dense and the canyon so deep, that it gets dark after 3pm in some places under the canopy. I'd hate to get stuck there overnight.

I slipped and almost sprained an ankle, that's when I thought that if you get hurt out there, a few miles away from the truck, no cell phone coverage, it could get ugly in a hurry.

We don't go out like that anymore, not just the two of us. The problem is that it's very difficult to find people that want to do that kind of thing. Oh well...

If there is one area in MD where BF might live, that is it.