On The Hunt For Sasquatch With Tracker.

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

To be honest I'd of walked past both those tracks...they just don't "register" with me. Well unless leaves or debris had been moved in a line down the trackway...so not being Aces at it I leave it up to folks with more experience. ;)

I forgot to mention that sure it helps to have a keen eye but mostly it's determination. The trick is to constantly scan for signs and investigate any ground disturbances. That second print was almost invisable, it was completely covered with leaves. I notice a very slight compression difference where it was lower than the other leaves around it. then i used my knife to flip over those leaves and viola, a second print. It was also about two of my strides from the first print, thats where i start looking for the next one and the next one after that. just some tips anyone can do it. :)

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

There you are, I've been looking for you. So you've been hiding up in northern part of Algonquin Park while I've been searching in the south end. One of these days were going to have to have a talk. You can't hide forever from old tracker now that i know your still in the area. Thanks to some other Ontarioians I know i am not wasting my time. I 'll see you soon big guy. ;)

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/

Sure it could be a hoax(guy in suit ?) but that area is huge and uninhabited and it's very rugged country with lots of wild water. You need a canoe and lots of fortitude to go in and come back out in one piece.

map link

http://www.algonquin...ct/about_4.html

Edited by FuriousGeorge
Removed photos per author's request

Heck of a picture you found Tracker!! That's just amazing! Wanted to congratulate ya before the "Crayzee" goe's full-blown. ;)

:D :D :D

(it may take more than one skeeter to cart that off!!)

Guest tracker

Heck of a picture you found Tracker!! That's just amazing! Wanted to congratulate ya before the "Crayzee" goe's full-blown. ;)

:D :D :D

(it may take more than one skeeter to cart that off!!)

Yea if it's real? looks good though eh?. I've seen some fresh signs before. Anyways I would have to go off the grid to get that SOB. I need him to make another appearence or to leave fresh tracks. As soon as that happens the hunt is on. That usually means some serious time in the bush. That's what it's going to take, an all out hunt not the weekend warrior/camping stuff IMO. I better get a GPS for this one or who knows I may never be heard from again. Now wouldn't that be a shame, one less story teller on the forums. :)

If i do go after it i 'll shoot you a PM with my real name. tracker ;)

Edited by tracker

Guest tracker

Its a tricky situation, Algonquin is a national park, no hunting, no weapons. It's found a great place to hide from us and escape without ever being shot at or hunted. If one canoer or a hiker see's you with weapons and call it in its game over. Not that i would kill one but they can be nasty if they think your a threat IMO. Well it's more than MOP but i should say that so the argumentive types don't try to bogg down the thread with prove it, prove it posts. :)

my bad, tracker. dry.gif

Guest tracker

GO GIT "EM!!! :D :D :D

Bahr grease'll keep the bugs off ya, a fishin line = dinner...Have a BALL!!

Hey where do you get Bahr greese these days or do you mean bear greese?

That pic may not be real but if it is then I got to guesstimate his 20 now. they won't go to far north because of the Pet river. West you run into cities and a major hwy So maybe east or south into a seldum used regions with very few towns. We weren't that far apart if he went that way this year . i hit that mid east area not too long ago.

Anyways now I need to find a crown land camp spot for a base and try to lure them to me. I may even visit Petawawa Army base and see if some of my old buddies are around. Maybe even try and mooch some field equipment and supplies. An army recon thermal scope with a recorder would come in real handy. A case of rye whiskey should do the trick. i wonder if they would miss it and also maybe a C7 and 100 rounds of ammo if they went missing? I love shopping for gear especially if it's high end tack and free. :)

Edited by tracker

Hey where do you get Bahr greese these days or do you mean bear greese?

That pic may not be real but if it is then I got to guesstimate his 20 now. they won't go to far north because of the Pet river. West you run into cities and a major hwy So maybe east or south into a seldum used regions with very few towns. We weren't that far apart if he went that way this year . i hit that mid east area not too long ago.

Anyways now I need to find a crown land camp spot for a base and try to lure them to me. I may even visit Petawawa Army base and see if some of my old buddies are around. Maybe even try and mooch some field equipment and supplies. An army recon thermal scope with a recorder would come in real handy. A case of rye whiskey should do the trick. i wonder if they would miss it and also maybe a C7 and 100 rounds of ammo if they went missing? I love shopping for gear especially if it's high end tack and free. :)

Bear Grease comes from powwows, pre rendered and non stinky! Whoo-hoo!!!

I also found when asked purpose of visit to CA NOT to tell them I want to visit Petawawa, or see the new tower arrays at Manatoowage (sp)...they get real excited!!! My friends idea for some late night excitement and impromptu search of vehicle. LOL!!! They were impressed I could pronounce it correctly tho.... :lol:

Its a tricky situation, Algonquin is a national park, no hunting, no weapons. It's found a great place to hide from us and escape without ever being shot at or hunted. If one canoer or a hiker see's you with weapons and call it in its game over. Not that i would kill one but they can be nasty if they think your a threat IMO. Well it's more than MOP but i should say that so the argumentive types don't try to bogg down the thread with prove it, prove it posts. :)

my bad, tracker. dry.gif

That may have changed last year.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35484383/ns/us_news-life/t/new-law-allows-loaded-guns-national-parks/

WASHINGTON — Loaded guns will be allowed in Yellowstone, the Grand Canyon and other national parks under a new law that takes effect Monday.

The law lets licensed gun owners bring firearms into national parks and wildlife refuges as long as they are allowed by state law. It comes over the objections of gun-control advocates who fear it will lead to increased violence in national parks.

The national parks law takes effect in a climate that favors advocates of gun rights. The debate shifted dramatically in 2008, when the Supreme Court struck down a handgun ban in Washington, D.C., and declared that individuals have a constitutional right to possess firearms for self-defense and other purposes.

Guest tracker

Jees i wish we had that option, Actually I am on my way north in 30 mins to investigate that area and do some tracking with just a hunting knife. Rangers catch you with weapons they can take your vehicle and equip and fine you as well up here. nice dry.gif

Jees i wish we had that option, Actually I am on my way north in 30 mins to investigate that area and do some tracking with just a hunting knife. Rangers catch you with weapons they can take your vehicle and equip and fine you as well up here. nice dry.gif

Your in the states or Canada? I forget.

Guest tracker

Your in the states or Canada? I forget.

I live in NE Ontario Canada. I just got back game was called on account of rain and Bflies. I hooked up with another member for a night of TKing in a area of activity, Not much action maybe they don't like Bflies either? so we broke camp and headed back before possible road washout would cut off our escape. win some lose some dry.gif

Guest tracker

Here's a teaser for my next adventure. since i can't seem to post more than a view pics at a time? dry.gif

Here's a couple links to some of reports in this region, There's more 411 history but it just doesn't get officially reported up here as much. Usually only the tourist freak out about seeing them and race off to tell the warden or OPP. Were just kinda casual about it the whole Bf thing, just ask greyjay or toejam. :)

Anyways i'll be hitting this area after the Bflies die off. checking around to see if any Bf's decided to stick around to scare the campers this summer? :ph34r: boo. Did you see how scared they were Harry? let's do it again. :D

http://www.gcbro.com/CAont0008.html

http://www.gcbro.com/CAont0008.html

DSCF0001-1.jpg?t=1305820044

stay tuned.

tracker out. dry.gif

I live in NE Ontario Canada. I just got back game was called on account of rain and Bflies. I hooked up with another member for a night of TKing in a area of activity, Not much action maybe they don't like Bflies either? so we broke camp and headed back before possible road washout would cut off our escape. win some lose some dry.gif

Oh yes.........well Canadian gun laws, uh huh. <_<

Sorry to hear your expedition was cut short.

Guest Thepattywagon

"Oh yes.........well Canadian gun laws, uh huh. <_< "

Maybe that's how the Canadian government manages to keep the human population down. A percentage of those who go into the woods become bear snacks. :o