Hypothetical Question - Current Bf Research Groups And Potential Discovery

BobbyO

SSR Team

What, precisely, is known about the creature? What isn't conjecture? I applaud the ongoing efforts by those searching, but how many facts can be stated about sasquatch?

Edit to add: Thus, I hope the scientific community's efforts meet with greater success than that of the amateur community.

Nothing is known about the subject currently, not publically anyway, and included in that and a reason for it is the big fat nothing that science has contributed to it, as well as " amateurs ".

SSR Team

I'll amend it then if i have to Mike but until then..........;)

BBFmembers- I think that the current researchers have a wealth of information on how to conduct your group in the field and still "respect" our forest friends.

As for my ouwn personal experience, the proposed hunting regulation I have filed with my asssemblywomens office, the staff wanted personal eye-witness accounts of encounters in California and it looks like two researchers have agreed to partisipate in the quarum. Researchers and the scientists IMO will need to co-operate to make sure that the Sasquatch get a fair shake in the classification difination depending on "how close"(we will see)to make sure the Sas are not disbarged. ptangier

no one other than designated representitives will be authorized access.
There have been a couple of statements in this thread like this one, which seem to imply that the government will keep people from interacting with sasquatches. On what basis does anyone think such a rule could be enforced? In fact, most of the encounters described by individuals are provoked by sasquatches. How could the US government even grant "authorized access" if sasquatches apparently live in most heavily wooded areas in the country? I mean, you'd have to shut down every national forest and state park in the country and you'd still have millions of acres of private wilderness.

I dunno, I just can't see current operations by ameatur organizations being heavily affected by the scientific discovery of sasquatch. They might try and make call blasting illegal or shut down one or two "known" sasquach habitats and treat them more like wildlife sanctuaries. But they can't do that to every national forest where there have been sightings.

Edited by ShadoAngel

BBF Members- "when" the report comes out I hope that all the competition and bekering that goes on will subscide and ego fall away and they start to listen to more facts about the matters at hand. If they do not work togeather more ridicule will follow and "they" will be the ones mucking up the works. ptangier

ShadoAngel said:

"On what basis does anyone think such a rule could be enforced? In fact, most of the encounters described by individuals are provoked by sasquatches. How could the US government even grant "authorized access" if sasquatches apparently live in most heavily wooded areas in the country? I mean, you'd have to shut down every national forest and state park in the country and you'd still have millions of acres of private wilderness."

fast forward to forest scene......"I ain't squatchin' officer, I'm just camping!"

Guest JiggyPotamus

What I am wondering is whether, once proven to exist, bigfoot will automatically be said to be endangered. It will be the same scientists who have never been out in the field, and who have never taken the idea seriously, who will be saying this, when there is zero evidence that this is the case.

Does the lack of seeing many bigfoot prove they are endangered? I know someone will say this once they are discovered. Really looking deeply into that statement, I personally find it funny.

I totally agree with whoever said to charge these "professionals" for your hard work and knowledge. Amateurs may last for a bit in research, but they will be discarded when they are no longer needed. And that won't be too far away after discovery. Maybe a year is my guess...Two at the most.

Come now, do you really imagine scientists never spend a day in the field? Gosh, I don't know how to relate to that. Graffiti on a wall.

What, precisely, is known about the creature? What isn't conjecture? I applaud the ongoing efforts by those searching, but how many facts can be stated about sasquatch?

Edit to add: Thus, I hope the scientific community's efforts meet with greater success than that of the amateur community.

Once we have existence out of the way, I'm sure the other facts will surface quickly, both from amatuers and the scientists.

This is not far away from what i think will happen, or at least what some will try to make happen. Not sure how people would clarify success though as would it just be the people who have submitted samples to certain DNA Projects that would be the selected few ? How do you clarify successful researchers as most have found what they perceive to be Tracks/Prints so we'd have to assume that they were doing something right by just finding those and not bumping inot them accidently ? Jodie's right, the attitude of individuals will be key here too. My worry though is that there are enough people out there who put lots of time, effort and money and have done for years into a subject where they've been told by that they're insane year after year who won't take kindly to being completely ignored like you suggested, by those same people who called them insane who would come into their field. That just doesn't seem to be right to me.

Amen, Bobby, Amen!

It does not seem exactly fair to have new people come along building on the old timers/researchers foundation yet the new people get all the credit.

I like Melba, but she would have ***NOTHING*** without the boots on the ground researchers.Yet it seems everyone knows her name, and not the guys/gals who did the real work.

This is not far away from what i think will happen, or at least what some will try to make happen.

Not sure how people would clarify success though as would it just be the people who have submitted samples to certain DNA Projects that would be the selected few ? How do you clarify successful researchers as most have found what they perceive to be Tracks/Prints so we'd have to assume that they were doing something right by just finding those and not bumping inot them accidently ?

Jodie's right, the attitude of individuals will be key here too.

My worry though is that there are enough people out there who put lots of time, effort and money and have done for years into a subject where they've been told by that they're insane year after year who won't take kindly to being completely ignored like you suggested, by those same people who called them insane who would come into their field.

That just doesn't seem to be right to me.

+1 to you Bobby for this post. I feel pretty strongly about this issue also.

Most research groups are made up of independent amateurs, that include field investigators and enthusiasts. They have a common interest in the topic, but some have different goals. Personally, I have lost any need to prove anything to either science or the mainstream. I just want to learn more.

The joining of professional science and the established groups.. seems like it would be a likely, and natural progression, to move forward.. after the sufficient proof is offered to science. Research groups have some long established areas, that they are not just going to hand over and leave to others, because science is finally on board. If a qualified and interested professional wanted to join a group, and work within the group.. I can't see much problem, besides the usual difference in personalities and egos, that we are all used to here. The devil will be in the details.. on how it will work and move forward, like with everything else. If it means learning about the subjects, that is available for everyone to benefit from, and not being brushed aside after taking the professional(s) to key areas of study .. I am certainly on board. I know too well (from work) about people tying to pick my brain for key information (my experience), in an ongoing effort to replace me, for faster and younger cyborgs. How exactly this will work, will all have to be carefully considered, when the time comes.

Bottom line, I guess.. is we need each other to have anymore hopes of further learning (professional science and the research group amateur). Hope it will all work out.

BBF Members- Have read and personally heard(without naming names) that there are a least 6 amatuer research groups that I know of that have on-going,

trust building relationships with the big guys that have zero interest in "discovery, protection or disclosure". All of them seem to have a mindset of learning and gathering knowledge first-hand. Not knowing becuase I am not a researcher in the field but their approach is about the only thing I see as working for them.

R ecognition for themselves is not on their agenda, they are not in it for that, only for the oppurtunity to know the Sasquatch better and go from there.

May I address the long-term researchers. Their contribution to the field of reseaching the Sas has opened many doors and they have a wealth of knowledge of which would be very helpfull to scientists. If the scientists need to do field work they most likely will need the help of the researchers to gain study material. In turn the scientists may need the help of educators to address this information in a palatable form so the interested parties can digest it and learn from it. It will take co-operation from every skill set to bring about all this wealth of discovery to edify the the process so that it benifits the Sas people. ptangier

I personal do not see any big changes some people will capilize on the discover of bigfoot from the general public for a couple of month then the excitement of the discover of Bigfoot will die down. The scientict community will not need the help of the general public any new scientist intrested in the discovery will talk to people like Jeff Meldrum, John Bindernagel, John Mionczynski, Esteban Sarmiento ect.and not have the need for the amateur Bigfoot resarchers. The discover of bigfoot will be similar to the ivoy-billed wood ****** (Campephilus principalis) Arkansas 2004 sighting were the Cornell Lab of ornithology was the scientic establishment doing scientific resarch while amateur ornithologist, cryptozoologist, and general sight sees where all at the same location it was not block off from the generall public what so ever.

• 5 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2012 at 1:23 AM, BobbyO said:

Ok, it's something that i had thought about for years & a friend of mine just brought it up again as to where do current BF Research Groups stand if discovery " happens " ?

These are Groups that have tolerated ridicule for years if not decades now and have ignored it to continue their quest for answers to this subject.

Do these Guys and Girls just get swept aside and replaced by other more " qualified " people that have generally been the one's that have ridiculed and never taken this subject seriously in years gone by ?

Or is there still a prominent role to play for current BF Research Groups in a field that could and would see an influx of Scientists ?

My view is that there is going to be problems in this area of the field as Mr Qualified Scientist will come through like a Steam Train and attempt to knock Mr " Amateur " Researcher by the way side.

I'd like to think that many Scientists who would be getting involved in this field would be open minded enough to concede that they were actually wrong in the first place and hold their hands up whilst all the while embracing ( if not agreeing totally with all ) Mr " Amateur " Researcher's ideas and previous research, but i'm just not sure if Mr Scientist has that kind of thinking in his make up.

Well, then amateurs have to go public kicking Mr. Scientist in the nuts.  (Ms., aim somewhere else.)

I know what the skeptics are gonna say - and that likely includes many if not most of the scientists - when this happens.  "We sagely held our peace until proof."  No you didn't, you jackasses. You had zero, less than that, idea what even was going on, and  YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW EVIDENCE, WHICH IS YOUR JOB. NO, YOUR JOB.  At the very least have the grace to acknowledge you were bad wrong, and the amateurs and the moonlighters in your own ranks were bang on, capisch? The mainstream doesn't get to pull that old loincloth/spear standby, TABOO, on a topic, and then when the smoke clears pose on the trophy with Big Grins.

And I say this only out of my general disdain for the stupid.  As I know what is up here, I am smug and have earned that right.

Edited by DWA

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic