Bill

Pgf Site Sun Angle Investigation

Backdoc
BFF Donor
18 hours ago, Bill said:

another Bluff Creek trip needs some funding 

OK, I have an oddball Idea I don't know if it's been tried.  

There are many viewers of shows like Finding Bigfoot and so on.  I have to think there are a lot of interested people in the subject at some level.  I wonder what the chances of starting some kind of 'Go Fund Me' site might do.  Say a site devoted in to raising money for <fill in the blank> regarding the PGF or Bigfoot.

I could imagine some news story or press release getting a little play where people like Bill Munns or Jeff Meldrum might be on TV getting a quick interview.  It might be to raise X amount of $$$$ for a Bigfoot Challenge.  That would be some challenge to take people or challenge a Stan Winston type to make a Patty suit using 1967 materials.  I could be some expedition to Bluff Creek to do some more mapping and investigation.  

I know it sounds crazy but maybe just maybe that might raise a decent amount of money.  

I still say for me the Bigfoot Challenge has the best opportunity for not just TV play but scientific play.  

If word could get around via technology a well credentialed group known to the public like Munns, Meldrum, and so on were doing this it might work.  Heck, you never know, on the Bigfoot Challenge maybe even some Skeptic Society types might be just arrogant enough to push a TV producer to say yes to this. 

Anyway, a go fund me for Bigfoot stuff to the larger public itself vs just the users of the BFF.  

Crazier things have worked.

added:  It would have to be some well credentialed person vs just me (who no one would know) and a couple of  friends.

Edited by Backdoc

Twist

Not exactly what you propose BD but here is a link to a recent topic on the General Forum for a go fund me started by a guy with a masters in wildlife biology.    I don’t think he got any help and took a little flack, warranted or not is up to your discretion.

maybe bigger names would garner better results, idk.

OldMort

It is my opinion that these go fund me type of things should be primarily for victims,  those that have suffered loss.

The idea is to get them back on their feet again so that they can rebuild their lives etc.

The recent fire in Paradise (just up the hill from me) is a perfect example.

I find "begging" for money for personal and frivolous pursuits such as "expeditions" rather pathetic to be honest.

If you can't afford to fund your own hobbies or interests then you have to go without.

At least that's the way I was raised...  :)

• Upvote 1

Backdoc
BFF Donor

makes sense OM.  I agree actually.

I am suggesting a Go Fund Me like effort not necessarily an actual GFM in the traditional sense.    I don’t know what form it would take an no nothing about actual GFM sites which are famous on Facebook.

My my preference would be something previously proposed where a tv show was dedicated to a contest to mimic Patty with 1967 materials.  You had previously said these ideas are hard to pitch and get accepted.  

If if there was $200 we could offer the Stan Winston Challenge.  Stan said a Patty suit could be made for $200 today. 

Maybe raising money might might not be the best way to go about it.  Just thinking out loud.

Edited by Backdoc