Guest Robert

Todd Standing Is Back

Well, it looks like Toddy has removed the image from the page:

http://www.sylvanic.com/announcements.html

It is only in the video now, with another shot slightly different showing the left eye.

It is still on his server, though!

http://www.sylvanic.com/bigfoot1.jpg

Maybe he wasn't swift enough to know that people could view the actual size image, and thought that just scaling down the display size on his page was enough to make to look more real.

Do you think he will have an excuse? I can hear it now.. "someone held up an image to my camera! ... no wait - someone tampered with it in the lab!...hold on, just a minute...oh yea, it was a member of my team hoaxing me!"

At least he was smart enough not to use an image from a 1970's movie.

Edited by Harry

Guest Robert2

It almost looks like a photo of a museum replica of some type of early man.

Guest PastorTim

Believer Todd Standing has a bad reputation for this kind of stuff.

He's either a clever hoaxer trying to make a big sensation, or a rather dumb guy who actually has something genuine on film. The problem we have with him is that he is too much of a self-promoter. He claims he is not doing this for profit, but everything he does says just the opposite. Actions speak louder than words.

Honestly, if you had what he says he has, what would you do? Would you go on TV and blab excitedly and promote yourself all over the place like he does, or would you go to the scientists who are interested in this subject and show it to them first? I think most of us would do the latter.

1. He isn't a clever hoaxer. He is a poor one. 2. He has nothing legit on film. 3. The problem isn't that he is too much of a self-promoter. The problem is he is a fake and fraud trying to make a quick buck, and some people fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Guest PastorTim

It is just a matter of time until someone recognizes that face from a doll, toy, or movie. Mark it down.

post-494-056462900 1288118177_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PastorTim

Guest Spazmo

Ok folks-

The fact that the photo was removed from his site should indicate to everyone that Tod is lurking on the internet, specifically the BF and cryptozoological sites.

In other words, he's is reading this thread and others like it on other sites.

Also, keep in mind that the pic info could all be accurate; remember, Sylvanic is a place where time and space blend, other dimensions meet, and dinosaurs roam the forest. So, you never know.

:blink:

Yes, looks like John Kirk over on CM did some looking into the Search & Rescue issue already and came up with no such search of Standing having taken place. IF there was no Official Search of Todd Standing, then his reputation has just taken the final fall because you don’t falsely claim that an Official Search took place if it didn’t. But I will reserve judgement for now.

The ball is in your court to prove it happened Todd! Post a news article of the search if there was one. All significant searches eventually make the news, yours would be no different if it happened. Especially if it involved a close call with a griz and being lost for that many days. We want to be fair, so please offer us some evidence.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest vilnoori

It is just a matter of time until someone recognizes that face from a doll, toy, or movie. Mark it down.

It looks like a darn wookie.

Guest PastorTim

Yes, looks like John Kirk over on CM did some looking into the Search & Rescue issue already and came up with no such search of Standing having taken place. IF there was no Official Search of Todd Standing, then his reputation has just taken the final fall because you don’t falsely claim that an Official Search took place if it didn’t. But I will reserve judgement for now.

The ball is in your court to prove it happened Todd! Post a news article of the search if there was one. All significant searches eventually make the news, yours would be no different if it happened. Especially if it involved a close call with a griz and being lost for that many days. We want to be fair, so please offer us some evidence.

I would like to know why this is the final fall and the foolishness up until now wasn't? Seems like you gave him a second chance after he lost all credibility with the first one.

Guest believer

Did anybody watch the video of him talking to breakfast host? It's about 9min.

kitakaze

Hello,

It's pretty obvious that this bloke Todd Standing is a hoaxer. Wheellug makes a fantastic point above, about him (Standing)saying he may say he was "seeing how far he could take it" as he is a skeptic. This is exactly what will happen. He will be uncovered as the obvious hoaxer he is, and he will say that he wanted to prove how gullible people are and that's why he did it. That's his out for the whole game he is playing. He is in a no lose situation because he has set the scene to suit him. That's why it is so important for believers in Bigfoot, even the most wishful thinking ones, to remain skeptical of rubbish like this, and from what I have read here, that's exactly what people are doing.

Best regards,

Lee

Hi, Lee. I think you're right that everybody should be skeptical of Standing's claims. OTOH, I think the idea that he is really a sneaky skeptic trying to hoodwink Bigfooters to show how foolish they are is false. That was the same thing we eventually got from the Georgia Boyz, but whether they believed in Bigfoot or not (they don't and didn't), they were still just scammers out for a cashgrab. One being a police officer made it that much worse. They have no credibility amongst Bigfoot believers or skeptics, and neither does Standing.

Guest believer

Is this a get money while I can before the real evidence comes out scenario?

kitakaze

1. He isn't a clever hoaxer. He is a poor one. 2. He has nothing legit on film. 3. The problem isn't that he is too much of a self-promoter. The problem is he is a fake and fraud trying to make a quick buck, and some people fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

Is this a proven fact?

Is this a proven fact?

Using the same standards of skeptics, I would say yes. :lol: