So You Shoot One, Then What?

Doc Holliday

If sas could read minds, I'd invite all the skeptics to a teddy bear's picnic. And start thinking how the skeptics plan to kill and eat all the baby squatches.

Sasquatches can't read minds all that great or they wouldn't walk by us and not notice us, which happens.

You have a squatch carcass, you lock it up, track down Jeff Meldrum and get it to him somehow. But don't tell anybody else.

There's another viable alternative..

Video the corpse, take copious amounts of pictures and post the whole darn thing on Youtube. Most people wouldn't believe it anyway. Then you go to your lawyer, then Meldrum or Sarmiento.

If you happen to come up missing the whole world knows you had it and something went wrong. Hide it in plain site.

I've never met anyone, nor remember anyone specifically trying to shoot one. Any source for that?

google Honibia...you knew that right..... :)

possible spelling error

I've never met anyone, nor remember anyone specifically trying to shoot one. Any source for that?

Besides the "Siege at Honobia" you also have the GCBRO at "Monster Central" in 2003.

BFF Patron

Bindernagel's new book has several incidents where hunter's have leveled the sights on BF in misid. scenario's several bear and one moose I think, and then struggled once a positive id. was made in some instances about whether to shoot or not (all presented decided not to pull the trigger). This does not include the report of Peter in Manitoba that stated he shot/killed one misid'ed as moose (Peter is now deceased but was interviewed and his BFRO report is listed under Manitoba).

If you're trying to shoot one I suppose you would think it through as to what you would do and how you would do it in each scenario where you put yourself in that mindset/position. If you don't ..... good luck with that impulsive shot. If you're the first to bring one in maybe the risk would be worth the reward. Consequences? You thought about that in Step A. right? (assuming it was a planned hunt). Unplanned shooting: self defense, surprise and all that ..... you wouldn't care much about risk/reward or consequences if you're protecting life and limb.

BBF members- Without starting a new thread, let me also ask a question. What would you do if you found a dead Sas in the road? I do feel that there are a lot of good answers to the field kill eveb though my personal stance is totaly non-kill, there are a lot of senarios to both questions. ptangier

I guess it depends on if I was with someone or not. If I'm by myself I would have to just take what I could get before calling to report it. My thing is what would you say to the troopers or police that you called that wouldn't make them suspicious of you? I'ld act like I didn't know what it was, and believe it or not, there are people out there that have never heard the term "bigfoot" or "sasquatch".

I think one should be shot and killed for science, the only real downside would be all those extra crazies would then jump on board and go off into the woods to be more spirtual with them and most likely wind up dead.

I'm seeing visons of t-shirts like those of wolves but with big foot on them instead.

google Honibia...you knew that right..... :)

possible spelling error

I guess you're right; although first you have to believe the people in Honobia really thought they were trying to shoot a bigfoot (that they really had a bigfoot there, that they believed it to be bigfoot, and they were intentionally shooting "at" that bigfoot). However, I don't think that means the same thing as people have been trying to shoot one for many many years as the post I was replying to was stating. I don't think there is an active group of people trying to shoot bigfoot. And, by that I mean an active group of significant numbers. There may be a guy or a gal that's gone out on a weekend thinking they'll shoot one if they see one, but "people" over "many many years", I don't think so.

Guest bfsearcher

There are reports of people shooting at BF,if i remember right there was another BF research team that admitted to the shooting.

Dr Grover S. Krantz was one such example.

I guess you're right; although first you have to believe the people in Honobia really thought they were trying to shoot a bigfoot (that they really had a bigfoot there, that they believed it to be bigfoot, and they were intentionally shooting "at" that bigfoot). However, I don't think that means the same thing as people have been trying to shoot one for many many years as the post I was replying to was stating. I don't think there is an active group of people trying to shoot bigfoot. And, by that I mean an active group of significant numbers. There may be a guy or a gal that's gone out on a weekend thinking they'll shoot one if they see one, but "people" over "many many years", I don't think so.

The GCBRO, as a group, has a yearly hunt. Some non-GCBRO members are invited also.

As a pro-kill group, individual members usually carry a firearm with them, sufficient to take down a large animal, when they are doing their own individual research.

Would I shoot? Probability, yes. The chances I will ever get the chance? For various reasons, less than zero. My personal belief is the type specimen will be killed when hit by a vehicle (believe me, a highway speed accident in which a Sas was killed could not be covered up in any way, shape or form by LE. To the contrary, it would be thoroughly investigated/documented, and that investigation would be public record as soon as it was completed) or shot by some 14 year old kid on a deer stand in the southern or south-eastern US...

I'm guessing field care of an elk or moose is probably similar to what it would be for a dead monkee. Having killed both elk & moose, I would guess I would do roughly the same thing. All the work starts when something this sized hits the ground. Just a guess here, but I'm thinking a guy would have to gut it (how the hell do you gut a huge hominid?!) then come back and retrieve the gut pile after getting the ape out, most likely in pieces.

I think I would take as many pieces as practical to include the head, a foot, and a hand, to the nearest university with a good biology department and turn them over in front of as many witnesses and with as much media documentation as possible. After that a number of decisions would have to be made, depending on how things play out...

The way the world is, I think it will be a big deal for a couple weeks then public interest will fade...

"The best part to take is the head, if this is too heavy, at a minimum, cut out the lower jaw and bring that back. If more than the head can be taken, get a foot; if still more, bring a hand; almost anything beyond that is almost equally useful. The skull is the most imporatant single piece of evidence, and it is to be hoped that it will not be damaged in this action. But if a shot through the head happens to be the only way to be sure of bringing it down, or to terminate a wounded condition then by all means do it. A smashed skull is for better than none, at all, and it can be reconstructed for the most part."

Personally I would not field dress the bigfoot but keep the body intact and hopefully the rest would be there when it was retried.

The GCBRO, as a group, has a yearly hunt. Some non-GCBRO members are invited also.

As a pro-kill group, individual members usually carry a firearm with them, sufficient to take down a large animal, when they are doing their own individual research.

OK, I probably misunderstood the original post I quoted. I read it to mean many many years as in maybe tens or hundreds, as an argument that bigfoot has been actively shot at by bigfoot hunters since man had the capacity to shoot (whether it be guns and ammo or bows with arrows). So, yes, you're right (if I'm understanding you) there are people that want to shoot one and have the means and capacity to do so and have been in the woods looking for one to shoot. As I interpret "many many years", I don't believe "people" (which I interpret as more than a handful or two) have been trying to actively shoot a bigfoot. Although, for a rather/relatively short period of time (as I would define it) a handful of people have actually carried the means to kill one and had the intent to do so. I didn't consider, "people have been trying to shoot these creatures for many many years and wheres the body..." to mean a couple of instances (one of which may not be a bigfoot experience at all) or a handful of people.

Edited by Ace