The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Guest JudasBeast

Pat, I think you're onto it. Hypothermia in advanced stages leaves the victim feeling hot and they often remove clothing. As far as the tongue missing from one of the bodies, small animals go for the soft tissues first. But, that still leaves the injuries. A fall could certainly cause severe injury. Chris B.

ChrisBFRPKY,

The other injuries may have occured after death, durin' removal of the bodies. A long hard an rough hike out, the bodies may have been banged around. Honestly, I don't know much of this case besides a quick look.

Pat...

Guest Po Commander

Apparently my opinion on what happened wasn't appreciated (even though it's actually very plausible)... Here's another possibility of mine that you guys won't hate on and delete... It was Bigfoot that did it... Ugh, some how he got a knife, went into the tent and cut it open, scaring everyone inside. The escapees could not handle the environment and died. The end.

Apparently my opinion on what happened wasn't appreciated
Your opinion was overly graphic, unnecessary, and extremely derogatory to Russians as an ethnic group. Your opinion is also completely unfounded, especially the point in the OP clearly stating "corpses showed no sign of struggle". Theorizing that a sasquatch/yeti did it, the Russian government covered facts up, or something else entirely is all acceptable. Claiming that one of them was a demented rapist, (because Russia somehow has a high rate of demented rapists per capita) and they died fleeing from him, is not acceptable.

Carry on with the discussion, please.

The one website makes it pretty clear that there are a great deal of issues with this mystery that frankly cannot ever be resolved at this point. Too much time has passed and too much done AT the time seems to have obscured as much as it revealed.

Interestingly, the site makes no mention of the "diary entry" at all...

Guest Kerchak

Is this area anywhere near the almas sightings territory?

The Ural Mountains are a long way from the traditional 'Almas' sightings territory. The Almas (which seem to be far more humanlike than sasquatch)tend to be sighted in the southern regions of the former USSR in the Caucasus the Pamir and the Altai ranges amongst others.

However, northern Russia has a long tradition of more 'sasquatch like' hairy hominoids stretching from the Kola Peninsula (near the border with Finland) right across to eastern Siberia and this also includes the Urals. So, no not alleged 'Almas' territory but definitely alleged 'Russian bigfoot' territory.

Edited by Kerchak

there are a lot of photos that the party took also and a lot of diary entries ........but the biggest mystery is.....

http://www.aquiziam.com/dyatlov_pass_answers.html

Why did nine, experienced and sensible, ski-hikers abandon their tent in such a hurry and in weather conditions that were hostile and almost certain to lead to their deaths?

lets face it, everyone is in a tent its like 30 below outside, and they cut or rip the tent "from the inside"......its gotta kind of make you wonder......why didnt they camp on the woods only a few hunderd yards from where they were? If it was me, I would have camped in the tree line and started a fire , but they camped in the open.....does this sound like experienced hikers and campers? there was no avalanche, the tent was still intact and upright....they had eaten a few hours before......

what could have possibly scared these people to rip up their tent from the inside and venture out wearing minimal clothing only to go to the tree line and watch from there? all this and 30 below, kinda makes you wonder what they had seen.....

this is not the first time people have lost their lives there either.....it is known as "Mountain of the dead men" in the mansi language

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/trachtengerts.htm

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&story_id=25093

I find these types of mysteries fascinating. There is really no evidence that points to a bf type animal as responsible with the exception of the diary entry and that we do not know what they considered 'snow men'. You would think that they would have written more detail if they felt threatened by what they referred to as snow men. Also, the temperature they reported was around -15c, which is about +5f.

Does anyone know what kind of tents they would have used in 1959? Were zippers or ties used for entry ways? When setting up a tent on a medium slope (from the pictures) which direction would the entry way face? I have no experience in mountain camping and it seems this was a preparation trip for a much more dangerous adventure and I would think the leader had much experience in mountain camping. UPs

The injuries are so problematic it's not even funny. The one guy with a mild skull fracture MIGHT have been the guy that climbed the tree (and fell out of it) but what the heck could have caused the major traumas that at least two other party members suffered? The ravine the last 4 were found in was only about 4m deep. A fall from that height COULD break legs, or a neck if landed on wrong, but crushing a ribcage?

Truth is, we'll never know. Not now, after all this time.

The injuries are so problematic it's not even funny. The one guy with a mild skull fracture MIGHT have been the guy that climbed the tree (and fell out of it) but what the heck could have caused the major traumas that at least two other party members suffered? The ravine the last 4 were found in was only about 4m deep. A fall from that height COULD break legs, or a neck if landed on wrong, but crushing a ribcage?

Truth is, we'll never know. Not now, after all this time.

...and these injuries presented with apparently no external damage, which tends to rule out a fall or even being tossed into the ravine post-mortem.

As you said, very strange and we'll probably never know what happened.

Why did nine, experienced and sensible, ski-hikers abandon their tent in such a hurry and in weather conditions that were hostile and almost certain to lead to their deaths?

lets face it, everyone is in a tent its like 30 below outside, and they cut or rip the tent "from the inside"......its gotta kind of make you wonder......why didnt they camp on the woods only a few hunderd yards from where they were? If it was me, I would have camped in the tree line and started a fire , but they camped in the open.....does this sound like experienced hikers and campers? there was no avalanche, the tent was still intact and upright....they had eaten a few hours before......

what could have possibly scared these people to rip up their tent from the inside and venture out wearing minimal clothing only to go to the tree line and watch from there? all this and 30 below, kinda makes you wonder what they had seen.....

:blink: I have never heard of this. It has all the makings of a horror movie.

There's only one conclusion. It was......

post-31-070019800 1288550968_thumb.jpg

there are lots of pics if you do a google image thingy......

http://www.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1280&bih=834&q=Dyatlov&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

that tent sure does look like it was cut from the inside, the ruffled edges are on the outside of the cut marks........

ok interesting theory time.......

they were well on their trip, and they noticed something was following them or perhaps saw one of the creatures...no diary entries were recorded on the last day and no pictures on the last day, seems kind of odd after they have been documenting the trip thus far.....

so they realize something is around them, but they dont know what it is, but they are scared by it, so they decide to camp early for the night.....

so the leader of the group says,"we should camp out in the open so we can see whatever it is , we will have an open field of view".....so they pick a spot in the open , set up camp and have a meal.....a few hours later after dark, something throws a rock at the tent, cracking a guy on the skull leaving a cracked skull, not killing him, but wounding him real good.....hes got a major headache......maybe what ever it is is real close to the tent.....roaring and or screaming, so they are like screw this , time to move......

they cut open the tent, and start bailing and heading to the tree line, what ever it is is not following, prolly eating their chow.......

they make it to the tree line and the first big tree they see , someone climbs up to see if whatever it was is still following them, prolly sees the creature but it isnt following them anymore, so they are cold and in their undies, time to build a fire to keep warm.....after warming a little bit, they climb the tree again, and see the creature has left , so 3 decide to go back to the tent but on their way succumb to the cold.....

when the first 3 dont return, the others start freezing to death, the remaining 4 start taking clothes off them, and decide to move out of the area.....

on their way to a new location, the creature surprises them near a ravine, puts 2 in a bear hug, and the other 2 are close to death from the cold.......he chucks them all in the ravine and leaves.......nothing else till they find the bodies......

my take on it anyway, lol