The Dyatlov Pass Incident

Guest JudasBeast

link that will lend more evidence to some speculations that a nuclear blast was what started the mishap...this region was known foe military exercises.

My research and my opinion is that on the night of the 2 February 1959 certain military tests were conducted very close to the where the ski-team had camped. The authorities conducting the tests were probably unaware that the ski-team was even in the vicinity. The weapon, if it exists at all, was probably an air burst concussion device with a possibly chemical warfare component. Whatever happened, it panicked the skiers who fled for the safety of the forest. They stayed under the pine tree until Dyatlov and his two companions decided to venture back to the camp where they die and freeze on route. Under the pine tree two further members die. The survivors try to wait it out but a second device is detonated overhead severely injuring three of them. Once again they are panicked into moving. After stumbling through the woods they reached the ravine. They clearly tried to survive but in the end all four died and were covered with snow. Dubanina’s tongue is later taken by a scavenger. Just my opinion.

My research and my opinion is that on the night of the 2 February 1959 certain military tests were conducted very close to the where the ski-team had camped. The authorities conducting the tests were probably unaware that the ski-team was even in the vicinity. The weapon, if it exists at all, was probably an air burst concussion device with a possibly chemical warfare component. Whatever happened, it panicked the skiers who fled for the safety of the forest. They stayed under the pine tree until Dyatlov and his two companions decided to venture back to the camp where they die and freeze on route. Under the pine tree two further members die. The survivors try to wait it out but a second device is detonated overhead severely injuring three of them. Once again they are panicked into moving. After stumbling through the woods they reached the ravine. They clearly tried to survive but in the end all four died and were covered with snow. Dubanina’s tongue is later taken by a scavenger. Just my opinion.

Hi Chad,

Im not completely disagreeing, but wouldnt some kind of concussion charge injure the whole party? not just 3 of them? I for some reason dont think that it would single people out and they were all in the same vicinity........

I think it would depend on which way they where facing. Some may have buried there heads in there laps covering there ears and face. Sorta like when someone jumps into a pool and splashs alot of water out and only some sitting beside the pool get wet, meaning the pattern is more and less consentrated in its perticular blast pattern. Also I think that there is a possibility they where blinded by radiation or an intense blast...due to the fact that when they built the fire in the tree line the search party noted they had used wet damp branches to build the fire when good dry branches where all around the area they where in. Plus there was several noted accounts of scrap metal in the area with traces of radiation. Again just some food for thought.

Edited by Chad Triplett

I've always wondered if whatever it was that made them leave the tent so quickly was a completely separate incident from whatever it was that caused the injuries.

I've been to Russia several times. I don't trust their news reporting.

It is possible to have severe internal injuries with little or no external signs. I had an employee get killed on the job back in the 80's by a falling tree. I found him and he looked completely normal but the autopsy showed that he was scrambled on the inside. Makes me want to cry just remembering that day. :(

there are lots of pics if you do a google image thingy......

http://www.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1280&bih=834&q=Dyatlov&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

that tent sure does look like it was cut from the inside, the ruffled edges are on the outside of the cut marks........

ok interesting theory time.......

they were well on their trip, and they noticed something was following them or perhaps saw one of the creatures...no diary entries were recorded on the last day and no pictures on the last day, seems kind of odd after they have been documenting the trip thus far.....

so they realize something is around them, but they dont know what it is, but they are scared by it, so they decide to camp early for the night.....

so the leader of the group says,"we should camp out in the open so we can see whatever it is , we will have an open field of view".....so they pick a spot in the open , set up camp and have a meal.....a few hours later after dark, something throws a rock at the tent, cracking a guy on the skull leaving a cracked skull, not killing him, but wounding him real good.....hes got a major headache......maybe what ever it is is real close to the tent.....roaring and or screaming, so they are like screw this , time to move......

they cut open the tent, and start bailing and heading to the tree line, what ever it is is not following, prolly eating their chow.......

they make it to the tree line and the first big tree they see , someone climbs up to see if whatever it was is still following them, prolly sees the creature but it isnt following them anymore, so they are cold and in their undies, time to build a fire to keep warm.....after warming a little bit, they climb the tree again, and see the creature has left , so 3 decide to go back to the tent but on their way succumb to the cold.....

when the first 3 dont return, the others start freezing to death, the remaining 4 start taking clothes off them, and decide to move out of the area.....

on their way to a new location, the creature surprises them near a ravine, puts 2 in a bear hug, and the other 2 are close to death from the cold.......he chucks them all in the ravine and leaves.......nothing else till they find the bodies......

my take on it anyway, lol

Sounds good to me. But why didn't they find BF footprints?

Guest vilnoori
These latter four were dressed warmly. The first five were not, and some were wearing parts of the others’ clothes. It seems that those who died last removed clothes from those who died first.

The clothes all contained high levels of radiation. A source for this contamination was not found.

After the funerals, relatives said the victims’ skin had a “strange orange tanâ€, and that they were completely grey-haired.

Reconstructions of the victims’ behavior indicated that they may have been blinded. An example is that the victims broke wet tree branches to start their campfire, though there was good dry kindling nearby.

http://www.dbskeptic.com/2008/03/08/the-dyatlov-pass-accident-and-the-fatal-unknown-compelling-force/

High radiation, strange orange tan?! Grey hair?! Too wierd. Doesn't sound like sas to me, sounds like aliens or some new weapon being tested or something. Bizarre.

Sounds good to me. But why didn't they find BF footprints?

As to absence of traces, after February 1st strong winds blew and the snow was blown off and its level had lowered by 25 centimeters. Instead of usual deep traces chains of small hillocks of pressed snow led from the tent in different directions. It's possible that elevations of hard snow from huge hominoid footsteps were not understood as such and were considered as stones or something else that stood out of snow.

from this article

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/trachtengerts.htm

also I will have to post this again, there is a lot of hype about this incident.....

http://www.aquiziam.com/dyatlov_pass_answers.html

there was NOT a lot of radiation there, just some traces from a jacket and it was surface only.......but a question of mine is why would they bring a gieger counter to the SAR mission? that just plain dont make any sense

As to absence of traces, after February 1st strong winds blew and the snow was blown off and its level had lowered by 25 centimeters. Instead of usual deep traces chains of small hillocks of pressed snow led from the tent in different directions. It's possible that elevations of hard snow from huge hominoid footsteps were not understood as such and were considered as stones or something else that stood out of snow.

from this article

http://www.bigfooten...achtengerts.htm

also I will have to post this again, there is a lot of hype about this incident.....

http://www.aquiziam....ss_answers.html

there was NOT a lot of radiation there, just some traces from a jacket and it was surface only.......but a question of mine is why would they bring a gieger counter to the SAR mission? that just plain dont make any sense

They had traces on all the clothes on the last 3....and there tracks where still visible, thats how they found them...they followed the tracks to the first group from the tent. On the gieger counter, I think they knew what had happen prior. Another camping party reported strange lights that night in the direction where the ill fated skiers had camped.

...and these injuries presented with apparently no external damage, which tends to rule out a fall or even being tossed into the ravine post-mortem.

As you said, very strange and we'll probably never know what happened.

What if a rope or strap of sorts was tied around the chest/under the arms to pull the body out of the ravine?

It is a strange one.

Pat...

Guest vilnoori

Also why did the soviet authorities put a nice tombstone there with names, pics and everything? If it was military testing wouldn't they want to shuffle it all away, so no one ever heard about it again? Why memorialize them. Was it out of guilt? As I understand it there wasn't a whole lot of guilt then by the authorities, and they "disappeared" a lot of troublesome people and issues. There was tight rein on the news venues as well, so why did it make the papers? That doesn't really fit the military testing scenario.

Also if you read that link it says the girl's tongue was pulled out of her mouth forcibly, pulling out her oral cavity tissues as well. That is very strange. There was no other evidence of animal attack or anything like that, no outside damage whatever. Wasn't there a proper autopsy--they should have been able to tell at least whether the damage was done to living or dead flesh. A big weight of snow compacting a dead body might have fractured ribs, for example, or a fall, either from a tree or off a cliff. And why on earth did the team not go back to the tent to get their clothes and stuff, instead they built a fire, tried to warm up in whatever way possible, and wait out events? Not the wisest given the temps and wind chill.

Vilnoori through my research and understandin the authorities where not responsible for erecting the monument. Again this is my opinion based off of what I have studied, read and learned over the last few years. There are so many questions that will never be answered. IMO the other campers who where 30 miles away witnessed on two ocassions that same night very bright lights or orb's if you will in the area that this took place. I do not beleive this was an animal attack or a sasquatch, I beleive it to be an accident by the military or something that is un-worldly, something from another world. One last thing to ponder is the fact that the authorities & Goverment DID CLOSE this area off to the public for 3 yrs! Why? Was it to rid the area of contamination and evidence? Was it to keep people from investigating further? That is a red flag to me and brings me to think this was a cover-up of something that the gov. had inside knowledge of.

Edited by Chad Triplett

they would make since only if there no footprints and there was prints from the camp to the woods and halfway back again. An avalanche would have covered the prints up.

I'm thinking shockwave from an explosion may be to blame for the injuries. Someone squatting might not feel the full effect (or not in the ribcage, but might have been bowled over and received a head injury).

Even though it sounds like a conspiracy theory, I'm thinking the military test scenario is probably the most plausible. Especially considering the physical evidence found and the fact that the Soviets closed the area for three years. And the weird suntans add to the theory.