kitakaze

Two Strong Reasons To Consider The Pgf A Hoax.

Backdoc

Strange Q with no place to post it:

So what would happen if someone really believed in Bigfoot. Then they went out and saw Bigfoot and shot him dead. After he shoots the animal, he walks up and finds out it was a man in a suit this time.  So what would happen to that guy who shot a person?

Backdoc

Bigfoothunter

^^

If you were in fear for your life - probably nothing - if not in fear for your life - accidental homicide.

I can offer a possible answer by asking what happen to the guy(s) who ran over the moron who tried to look like a Sasquatch and was run over along a highway in Montana.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-hit-by-car-twice-in-apparent-bigfoot-hoax/

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Trogluddite

Backdoc, 

If he digs a hole really deep and really fast, quietly sells his rifle, and lives in silence the rest of his life, nothing. 

Assuming for whatever reason that the body was found, the rifle was determined to be his, and he told the story you described (I believe I saw a Bigfoot and shot it), he will face criminal charges.

<<important caveat>>  I just got done dealing with a likely totaled car from a deer collision, so I'm not looking anything up - this is all done from memory and I know I'm getting some of it wrong.  Also, there would be variations in 50 different states, and 2 separate Federal criminal codes<<end caveat>>

At a minimum, he's facing a manslaughter level charge - he aimed his weapon and discharged it at a man-shaped, man-sized living creature. Since everyone knows that Bigfoot doesn't exist, aiming a weapon and discharging it at a man-shaped, man-sized living creature is inherently wanton and reckless and you get to manslaughter (or criminally negligent homicide).  

More likely, he's facing a murder charge of some sort since by aiming his weapon and pulling the trigger, he's showing intent to shoot his target and you can infer intent to kill his target from his statement & acts, even if he disclaims that. 

Pulling the trigger without absolute and unequivical positive ID is a very bad idea. 

Backdoc

Trog,

The reason I ask is I could see this happening one of these days. With all the people out there with guns, it only takes one hoaxer, one hunter, and one bullet. I hope not and certainly have no plans to go looking for bigfoot armed or not.

It would seem there would have to be some "state of mind" thing to my lawmen way of thinking. Take roger patterson. The guy could show via a long track record he believed these things existed.

Sounds like an episode of law and order.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Backdoc

Trogluddite

^^

I've actually toyed w/the idea of some fiction writing based on a somewhat similar scenario.  Got other stuff going on right now.

Cotter

3 S's.

But following Trog's advice on making sure you are shooting what you think you are shooting is the best idea.

Bigfoothunter

John Green always said that he would shoot and say the subject was coming at him. When asked how would he be able to claim this if the subject was shot in the back - Green replied that he'd say it was coming at him in menacing way while walking backwards.    :)

Edited by Bigfoothunter

Backdoc

I seem to recall Grover saying something like "The first person who shoots one will get a medal the second one who shoots one will get the electric chair"   Grover said nothing but a body would satisfy the skeptics and it is my understanding he had at that point decided to shoot one.

Sorry again for side tracking this thread and thanks for the thoughts.

Backdoc

Bigfoothunter

^^

Krantz added that once a body has been obtained - a lot of people will be pushed to the wayside and they will have to find something else to occupy their time.

I personally think a high quality video clearly showing an animal would suffice. (Not a Standing muppet)