Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Here's another weird event at the Gift Tree, and maybe I have been forgiven for putting the audio & video recorders out there months back. Finally took another PB Jar, knocked the BF action figure out of the basket, and left me a gift. The gift was a nasty fresh hide of of some poor critter, maybe a Possum......gift and/or message?

Gift Basket 10-18.jpg

Fallen BF Toy.jpg

Gift Basket - Hide Gift 10-18.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I would recommend keeping an accurate log of what happens with your gifting and their returned objects.      Hard to fathom what is going on in their heads at this point, but with time you might develop some patterns.    Hard to believe it at this point but this gives us some insight into how they think.    It is a big deal because you are communicating with them.    Certainly it is at a primitive level but it is communication none the less.    That is something most of us are not experiencing and I think important.  

BFF Patron

Relative to the skin.   Is it likely that they have observed you examining animal remains before?      I always examined deer kills in the field in my research area to try determine signs of cause of death.    Eventually a deer carcass was placed by the drivers door side of my truck.      When I was in the field with BigTreeWalker he took some time to examine a rabbit skeleton he found during our trip.   We both stood and looked at it as he looked for signs of toothmarks etc.     Hours later when we returned to our vehicles,   prominently placed right behind my truck on a large rock,   was a bookend that was a metal rabbit.   Neither of us noticed it when we left to start field work.       I like you, wondered if that was a gift or sign but quite frankly in both of our cases,  I think it a primitive way to communicate.     In their mind perhaps they think because we examine in something,  they provide it because they think we are interested in that sort of thing.      If they can associate a rabbit skeleton with a metal rabbit bookend, we are dealing with a sentient being.    Not only sentient but one that desires to show you that they are.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

It's about 5.5 feet......there were some probable Raccoons that were knocking the PB jars out of the basket occasionally, so added the enclosed box with a latch on the door......the BF's seemed to have no issues with the latch. 

1st pic was set up on 4/7/18, and how I found it the next day, this same thing has happened 6 times total, until I hid the audio recorder & they became angry, along with several more PB jars when it was just the basket.

Gift Tree - Set 4-7-18.jpg

Gift Tree - After 4-8-18.jpg

Yeah the Coyote skull in the basket was twisted humor, but they took it.

• Upvote 1

From what I've seen bigfoot may have something for skulls. Don't know if it's out of respect for the animals or what. I've found skulls placed on limbs near suspected feeding sites. The skull by where I found the 1st bones with the impressions, laid about 50 yards from the rest of the bones for 2 years. Then it ended up being placed right near the rest of the bones. Human tampering... Maybe, but that last one still has me wondering. 

Yeah the Coyote skull in the basket was twisted humor from me, they just moved it, and didn't fall from basket. 

A few months back, I dusted the area under the Gift Basket with ash, and got a few interesting impressions.

Gift Tree - Coyote Skull Moved.jpg

Gift Tree - Ash Dust.jpg

Gift Tree - Ash Print.jpg

There are a lot of animals being killed and eaten out here, mostly Deer, and some pics of those unfortunate victims.

Dead_Coyote_1.jpg

Deer Kill 29.jpg

Deer Kill 28.jpg

Deer Kill 36.jpg

Deer Kill 6.jpg

Dead Coyote 3.jpg

How far away is the nearest road?

Years ago I used store bought wood flour to dust a hard floor in an attempt to detect human tracks.  The wood flour appeared as a 'normal' item  in that setting. No human shoe tracks but the wood flour showed insect trails.  Very fine powder showed fine details.

A 2 Lane Road a few miles away, way too many dead critters to come from a road though.......I could fill up a few pages with pics of the carnage, both years old to fresh kills.

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

How far away is the nearest road?

Years ago I used store bought wood flour to dust a hard floor in an attempt to detect human tracks.  The wood flour appeared as a 'normal' item  in that setting. No human shoe tracks but the wood flour showed insect trails.  Very fine powder showed fine details.

BF is pretty careful about not  leaving footprints in mud.    I would think they would be pretty suspicious of a white powder in an area.   There are a number of substances that in normal light would blend right into normal ground covering material.   But under ultraviolet light would show where something has walked through.     Those that are getting camp visits could sprinkle that stuff around and see the foot traffic.    

Edited by SWWASAS

Yeah......they didn't like the fire pit ash either. I have found a few really good mud prints over the years, but are a rare find......here are some of my favs, and have probably been posted before, but worth a re-visit.

Print - Fresh from Funnel.jpg

Print - Lulu Creek Chase.jpg

Print 26.jpg

Print 54.jpg

Print 62.jpg

Print 64.jpg

6-11-17 Pig Hunt Track 2.jpg

Juvie Mud Print 2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hey NatFoot.....they do, this is a tough area if you are barefoot, and would destroy mortal feet. I have always worn extremely minimalist shoes, love the flexibility and 'feel' of the ground, but have to watch my step for sure. The most dangerous thing you will encounter hiking is your next step. 

This was a while back, but don't think I posted.......I have mentioned through the years about the amazing Lulu the Wolf, and how incredible it is to have her for my hiking buddy! My other dogs will not track the Hairymen out here, the Wolf will, knows I'm looking, and pretty sure shes been playing with one of the Juviefoot's for years, they know where I live too. One night, Lulu was excited about something that was out front, but it was very late, and I didn't give it much mind, however in the morning, I found this muddy print by the front window. 

Muddy Print - Front Porch.jpg

Lulu & Duncan.jpg

Lulu Cooling Off.jpg

Lulu Near Falls Creek.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic